What's new

RUSSIA CANCELS T 95 TANK PROJECT

my dear friend can you explan ur post a bit..i really could not understand what will be revived arjun or t-95

I meant maybe another nation with the available funds would be willing to revive the project so that it could be built in their country etc.

However, i did some research and it appears this is not true, the T-95 hasn't been canceled and some arm chair general wrote a BS article to make some money.

Russia cuts T-95, Koalitziya-SV, BMD-4 and other programs

I meant maybe another nation with the available funds would be willing to revive the project so that it could be built in their country etc.

However, i did some research and it appears this is not true, the T-95 hasn't been canceled and some arm chair general wrote a BS article to make some money.

Russia cuts T-95, Koalitziya-SV, BMD-4 and other programs

giving links to another forum dosent creidable your claim

Abi has a very valid point if T-95 is really cancelled,then dnt be surprised if our nation comes to the rescue of the project,atleast IA's favourite is russi maal,IAM desperately waiting for the trial report(official one) to come out so that dicussion and facts coming from India's moste rspected blog which are run people who themself were ex-servicemen can be validated..i can tell you a good deal about comparitive trials which took place as my sources themself were a part of it..but then it will be all talks and no proof and would be encouraging trolls trying to prove thier intellect..
coming back to topic,T-95 joining indian army is still a hard deal,but the FMBT joint venture is sure somewhere on the papers may be our DESIMAN can elaborate..

Hey guys -

what Iam thinking is may be Russia cancelled this project in light of the new FMBT deal with India. That could be a reason why this has been cancelled.

See the Indian army doesnt need Arjun saying they need a FMBT. may be Russia feels that way and feels its wise to develop that tank with India than developing T-95.

By the way, any idea, what could be an FMBT, some thing like NLOS cannon?

Any specification of that tank yet?

Future Combat Systems manned ground vehicles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

False news ... already people saying bye-byes with tears..:rofl:

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7431:russia-may-unveil-new-qsuper-tankq-in-summer-2010&catid=50:Land&Itemid=105

Russia may unveil new "super-tank" in summer 2010

Written by defenceWeb
Thursday, 08 April 2010 10:03

Russia's Uralvagonzavod tank plant may shortly exhibit its new-generation T-95 main battle tank for the first time at an upcoming arms show in the Urals Region.

The RIA Novosti news agency reports the tank, with a 152mm main gun, may be on show as soon as the northern summer in July. It note the development of the world-first 5th-generation tank dubbed "Item 195" began at the Uralvagonzavod design bureau in the early 1990s. “Russia will become the first country in the world to have the 5th-generation MBT if the military commissions the vehicle,” the agency says.

"The work on the project has been conducted for many years. If the government gives us a 'green light' we will exhibit the tank at the [Russian Expo Arms 2010] arms show in Nizhny Tagil this summer," general director of the Uralvagonzavod plant Oleg Siyenko told RIA Novosti in an exclusive interview. The tank plant is based in Nizhny Tagil in the Sverdlovsk area of the Urals near Yekaterinburg.

"I cannot disclose the characteristics of the tank, but I can assure you that we have met all the requirements put forward by the military," he said. According to unofficial sources, the T-95 will feature better firepower, maneuverability, electronics and armour protection than Russia's latest T-90 MBT or comparable foreign models. It will weigh about 55 tons and its speed will increase from 30-50 kph to 50-65 kph. The 152mm smoothbore gun is capable of firing guided missiles with a range of 6000-7000 metres.

In contrast to existing designs, the gun will be located in a remotely-controlled turret to improve the survivability of its three man crew. RIA Novosti ads that the T-90 MBT, developed in the 1990s on the basis of the T-72B tank, will remain the backbone of the armoured units until 2025. Russia currently produces up to 100 T-90 MBTs annually and plans to have at least 1500 vehicles in service with the ground forces.
:wave::wave:

Back
Top Bottom