What's new

Russia and India may ink deal on frigate supplies by end of July

B@tt!eDoom

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
France
1171669.jpg

MOSCOW, June 26. /TASS/. A contract on supplies of Russia’s Project 11356 frigates to India may be inked in three or four weeks, President of the United Shipbuilding Corporation Alexei Rakhmanov said on Monday.

"We are in the final stage of discussion with our customer on the fate of the fourth and fifth warships. I think we will tell you about this in the coming three or four weeks," Rakhmanov said.

Director for International Cooperation and Regional Policy at Russia’s State Corporation Rostec Viktor Kladov said earlier that the planned contract for the delivery of Project 11356 frigates for the Indian Navy would be implemented under the "two plus two" formula: two frigates are to be built in Russia and delivered ready-for-use to India and the other two would be constructed by the Indian shipbuilding industry at one of the national shipyards.

http://tass.com/defense/953293

1171669.jpg

MOSCOW, June 26. /TASS/. A contract on supplies of Russia’s Project 11356 frigates to India may be inked in three or four weeks, President of the United Shipbuilding Corporation Alexei Rakhmanov said on Monday.

"We are in the final stage of discussion with our customer on the fate of the fourth and fifth warships. I think we will tell you about this in the coming three or four weeks," Rakhmanov said.

Director for International Cooperation and Regional Policy at Russia’s State Corporation Rostec Viktor Kladov said earlier that the planned contract for the delivery of Project 11356 frigates for the Indian Navy would be implemented under the "two plus two" formula: two frigates are to be built in Russia and delivered ready-for-use to India and the other two would be constructed by the Indian shipbuilding industry at one of the national shipyards.

http://tass.com/defense/953293

I thought India can build a ship such as a frigate...

What happened? Are they are joint ventures?

Would be a nice addition to the fleet.
Sister ships include:
INS Talwar F40
O9hJIx2.jpg

INS Trishul F43
DRSqShO.jpg

INS Tabar F44
hMgMRwc.jpg

INS Teg F45
jwEtDla.jpg

INS Tarkash F50
xRag6K9.jpg

INS Trikand F51
CCJdTKC.jpg

What happened?
Shipyards with the capability to build such warships are fully occupied with orders.
This is to help a newer shipyard (private?) get into warship building.
are they are joint ventures?
Not a JV I think.
The first two will be built in Russia and the remaining two will be built here with technology transfer.

GRSE and MDL have the capability to build frigates. They are full.

This would help a third shipyard , GSL to acquire frigate building capability. And will also see quick frigate additions to Indian Navy.

Indian shipyards are at full capacity. Order books are full for next 15 years.

1. Building is not efficient like international makers.
2. Shipyards are not big enough either.

New Poovar shipyard will help with capacity if the state government does something.

They will tell you their shipyards are full. China is building more naval ships than India and yet our shipyards are not full. This tells you alot about their efficiency. China might take 2-3 years to complete a ship, India might take twice as long.

They will tell you their shipyards are full. China is building more naval ships than India and yet our shipyards are not full. This tells you alot about their efficiency. China might take 2-3 years to complete a ship, India might take twice as long.

True. But thy are correct in their statement as well. They never claim that their shipbuilding capability is equal to that of China.

India is a factor driven economy. So in many ways, building even failed project like Arjun or LCA are a bigger manufacturing and industrial achievements than compare to what China or even Pakistan can accomplish.

And they say that because it is the truth. Check the Chinese shipyard capacity and then revert.

India never envisioned her as a ship builder. For China it was a logical step. They were exporting raw materials and sub components to other ship makers. Why in gods name would they do that? They decided to do themselves.

Also, having think tanks and independent policy guidance for the government is a boon. China copied that from western nations. They set goals for the country.

India has none of these.

Read about Poovar shipyard drama and you would understand. Or even the new Reliance shipyard.

Chinese, This is a Indian sub forum. why would we troll here?

India is a factor driven economy. So in many ways, building even failed project like Arjun or LCA are a bigger manufacturing and industrial achievements than compare to what China or even Pakistan can accomplish.

Chinese.

Again troll. LCA and Arjun projects are not a failed project. They met all the project objectives. Just look at your J20. Still lots of things to improve but it is already in IOC. IOC standards are set by developers and end users. None are the same. J20, is in LRIP and in service.

For Tejas there is a IOC1, IOC2 and now there will be a FOC. Tejas is in LRIP and in service. Wether in numbers, anyones guess.

For Arjun as well.

If you want to slight people when you post, I suggest you to stop.

And they say that because it is the truth. Check the Chinese shipyard capacity and then revert.

India never envisioned her as a ship builder. For China it was a logical step. They were exporting raw materials and sub components to other ship makers. Why in gods name would they do that? They decided to do themselves.

Also, having think tanks and independent policy guidance for the government is a boon. China copied that from western nations. They set goals for the country.

India has none of these.

Read about Poovar shipyard drama and you would understand. Or even the new Reliance shipyard.

Chinese, This is a Indian sub forum. why would we troll here?

Chinese.

Again troll. LCA and Arjun projects are not a failed project. They met all the project objectives. Just look at your J20. Still lots of things to improve but it is already in IOC. IOC standards are set by developers and end users. None are the same. J20, is in LRIP and in service.

For Tejas there is a IOC1, IOC2 and now there will be a FOC. Tejas is in LRIP and in service. Wether in numbers, anyones guess.

For Arjun as well.

If you want to slight people when you post, I suggest you to stop.

Again, I'm not Chinese or Pakistani. I'm a Taiwanese American. I speak the truth about India, as well as all other countries that are relevant to the topic of a thread.

I give a fair assessment about Indian industrial capabilities. If you disagree, than debate the topic instead of ad hominem attacks.

Again, I'm not Chinese or Pakistani. I'm a Taiwanese American. I speak the truth about India, as well as all other countries that are relevant to the topic of a thread.

I give a fair assessment about Indian industrial capabilities. If you disagree, than debate the topic instead of ad hominem attacks.

Taiwanese.

You neither speak truth nor you give fair. assessment to Indian Industrial capability.

All you do is post your biased opinions about India, Indians and that countries capabilities. Now that is called a fair opinion about you. Or in internet terms, Troll in threads

If you disagree, kindly show how how is LCA Tejas and Arjun mk1 MBT is a failure. I will wait.

Remember, LCA Tejas have multiple variants. So don't go posting Navy rejected its variant posts. But if you must, please do. Easy for me to ignore you

Actually these were the ships that were under construction for Russian Navy. Due to its war with Ukraine, it refused to supply the engines. The first 2 ships were partially completed, and some were done on the next 2. THat's why the source says discussion on 5th and 6th ships are under discussion, as 2 will be built in India.

Ukraine agreed to give engines to Russia provided they are sold to 3rd Party. Russia asked for help and India responded as we need ships badly and all our shipyards are fully loaded.

Bro, you just did a no no here. Never ever call Arjun or LCA a failure, even though it is true OK! Our indy friends would go crazy and panicky.

Hey bro, we don't need to try to humiliate them every time with China.

Just leave their thread alone.

To some of the Chinese members, It is their business, their money.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom