What's new

Russia and India are negotiating maintenance for ” INS Vikramaditya”

vivINDIAN

Reaction score
Country
India
SOURCE: VPK NAME

vikramaditya_260913.t.jpg

Later this month, the aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya will travel to India on board will be Russia’s “guarantee a team” consisting of 183 people, according to livefistdefence.com November 17.

“The group remains on Karwar naval base, where the aircraft carrier will be assigned for a period of one year. Currently there are negotiations on contractual obligations after the expiration of the warranty period of service, “said vice-president of the United Shipbuilding Corporation (USC), Igor Ponomarev.

“Russia seeks to modernize the aircraft carrier during the entire 40-year life cycle. It was the most difficult and unusual project that we have ever carried. “Vikramaditya” is not just a renovated ship. It all new, except for housing, “said chief designer of the Nevsky PKB Sergei Vlasov, he was among the first engineers who designed TAVKR” Admiral Gorshkov “. Asked about the problems of working with the Government of India and the navy, he smiles: “When we were preparing the documentation every six months Indians approached us with inquiries, required a lot of information. We were not burdened by contractual obligations to the topic, but we went to the contacts because of the open and friendly relations between us. “ Indian Navy paid a lot of attention to improving the comfort of the service crew on board the “Vikramaditya”. “I hope that the Russian Navy will draw some lessons from our work on ergonomics,” he says.

Indian journalist asked Vlasov of “conspicuous absence” on the ship air defense systems, he shook his head and said, “Indian Navy did not appeal to us with this question. Ships of this class may not have their own means of defense, because carriers do not walk alone. We are asked about the possibility of the integration of Israel’s air defense system on the aircraft carrier, but did not receive the request. I foresee some problems with the integration of Israel’s air defense system, but it is not within our control. “ Vlasov said that if the Indian Navy will be asked to install the ship missile defense system “Chestnut” and MZAK AKA-630, they can be integrated quickly.

Ponomariov was frank: “We underestimated the initial work. Were difficult and serious discussion in one year there were six. But what happens in the world, it is normal practice in the shipbuilding industry. “

Responsible deliverer “Vikramaditya” Igor Leonov, probably knows more than any other thing you can do to “Vikramaditya” right now. “Since 2004, the Indian side is asleep asking us to integrate a huge number of new systems. There were a lot more than was required under the contract, “he says.

USC Chapter stands ready to assist in the construction of the Indian national carrier Vikrant (Project 71) at the shipyard in Cochin: “We are providing some assistance, ready to provide any additional, if requested by the Indian side. I doubt that the U.S. and the EU would like to share technologies, to the extent that we can provide. “ Ponomarev also noted that Russia offered India to buy three more advanced class frigate Talwar, the proposal being studied by the Indian side. On the table is also upgrading submarine Project 877 at the shipyard “asterisk”.

The journalist also spoke with the CEO of CDB ME “Rubin” (subs) Igor Vilnitom. Taciturn head of design department said that “we are in the tender invited India 75I submarine” Amur-1650 “, I hope your country will choose our submarines.”
Russia and India are negotiating maintenance for ” INS Vikramaditya” | idrw.org

Back
Top Bottom