What's new

Russia and China to develop next generation Bomber together?

Sounds like bs, the source of this is wantchinatimes. XAC is already working on a stealth bomber.

I don't see any possibility of jointly developing a bomber with Russia. The Russians seem to be obsessed with selling the Su-35 to China with one news report after another but there is no substance to it. Weren't we suppose to sign that contract like two years ago?

Strategic bombers are too important to have shared technologies with other countries.

There is also a voice of Russia report not just wantchinatimes in the OP

With the tension mounting in Ukraine and the indians are sourcing their weapons from europe and the usa, I wont be surprised if the cooperation does finally materialise

Russians do have a lot of technologies which can share with us if they want to

Rupee is the Indian currency. Russia take money from India. But there would not be money to have if rupee crashes.

that is an interesting point
I wonder if the deals between them are not signed in US$ terms
Russians are not stupid

There is also a voice of Russia report not just wantchinatimes in the OP

With the tension mounting in Ukraine and the indians are sourcing their weapons from europe and the usa, I wont be surprised if the cooperation does finally materialise

Russians do have a lot of technologies which can share with us if they want to

that is an interesting point
I wonder if the deals between them are not signed in US$ terms
Russians are not stupid

I'm sure any sane person would not make the term in rupees. Especially if you ever visited India and see the state of that country.

There isn't a weapon on Earth we can't produce right now. The Achilles' heel is always the engine.

China has already shown all the crucial technologies needed to build a B-2 style bomber by unveiling the J-20, J-31, Sharp Sword, and Y-20. The engines won't be a problem. The B-2's F118 engines are nothing more than a non-afterburning derivative of the F110 used to power the F-16. The H-20 is already rumored to be under development and will be powered by a non-afterburning variant of the WS-10. China has a 80,000 metric ton forging press for the major structural components of large aircraft. China has the world's fastest supercomputer. So why do we need Russia?

Because owning these things do not guarantee that you will be able to produce a stealth bomber from scratch, especially when you have not built a strategic bomber before.

H 6 is license produced.

Russians on the other hand, have experience of building strategic bombers for more than 5 decades.

A Russian help will reduce the time for development and some of the techs Russians wanted to introduce in T 60S may find its way in this bomber.

Russia really should join Shen Yang on the J-31 project. This one has export potential and can fulfill Russia's future aircraft carrier fleet needs. Russia doesn't have the resources to develop another 5th gen fighter. Since the J-31 is mostly for export, Russia's involvement can boost its commercial prospect.

Strategic bombers are too sensitive and important to be a collaborative project. It will also never be exported. China can do it by itself.

Medium range Bomber
130611_H-X%2006edited_B.jpg

China-new-stealth-fighter.jpg

Long range Bomber

clip_image001_thumb.jpg

chinas-future-stealth-bomber.jpg

Back
Top Bottom