What's new

Ruptly: Taiwan: Supporters celebrate in Taipei as Pres. Tsai Ing-wen wins re-election

Hamartia Antidote

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
https://ruptly.tv/en/videos/20200111-039?search_key=486fca70-0b2a-4faf-836a-fec8d0df7b61

Thousands of Taiwanese gathered to celebrate in Taipei on Saturday, as Taiwan's incumbent leader Tsai Ing-wen won the country's presidential election with 8.1 million votes.

Footage filmed on Saturday shows jubilant supporters of the Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) as Tsai addressed the crowds in her victory speech.

The Taiwanese leader marked the start of her new term by saying that China must stop threatening the island.

Taiwanese has spoken - - in favor of independence.

Congratulations to Taiwan and the Taiwanese people for exercising their democratic rights.
On the other hand, China's Taiwan Affairs Office weibo(Chinese version Facebook) had to close comment sector. Because there are too many Chinese netizens criticizing they were too weak to Taiwan. Netizens call it as "Kneel to Taiwan Office".

On the other hand, China's Taiwan Affairs Office weibo(Chinese version Facebook) had to close comment sector. Because there are too many Chinese netizens criticizing they were too weak to Taiwan. Netizens call it as "Kneel to Taiwan Office".

Why did my congratulating Taiwan (and not once mentioning China) trigger you so much?

And of course Chinese netizens did that, if they did anything else they would be sent to labor camps.

Why did my congratulating Taiwan (and not once mentioning China) trigger you so much?

And of course Chinese netizens did that, if they did anything else they would be sent to labor camps.
Weird logic from you. As you said earlier, if we criticize government, we will be sent to labor camps. But here I said Chinese netizens are actually criticizing government. And you said if we don't criticize government, we will be sent to labor camps too? WTF
You shouldn't congratulate a group of people who just made a wrong decision that makes their future doomed.

Weird logic from you. As you said earlier, if we criticize government, we will be sent to labor camps. But here I said Chinese netizens are actually criticizing government. And you said if we don't criticize government, we will be sent to labor camps too? WTF
You shouldn't congratulate a group of people who just made a wrong decision that makes their future doomed.

AHAHA
I knew you would find some nonsense like this.

Here are Chinese people protesting pro government lines.
In this case against Japan
d25146ba-ded2-4854-bc2a-f2bcec8c265e.jpeg

And here they are protesting against the CPC

V7V7ES2BPJG6PAG2TRTX7TRRKI.JPG

(if you can't notice, those are crushed bodies, and bicycles)

/waiting for whataboutism/change of topic/deny the second picture.

It's okay, my protests against my government would mean I get crushed to death by tanks, I would be scared to protest against my government too.

AHAHA
I knew you would find some nonsense like this.

Here are Chinese people protesting pro government lines.
In this case against Japan
d25146ba-ded2-4854-bc2a-f2bcec8c265e.jpeg

And here they are protesting against the CPC

V7V7ES2BPJG6PAG2TRTX7TRRKI.JPG

(if you can't notice, those are crushed bodies, and bicycles)

/waiting for whataboutism/change of topic/deny the second picture.

It's okay, my protests against my government would mean I get crushed to death by tanks, I would be scared to protest against my government too.
Do you know what these people had done before they were killed?

_101865607_hi021999428.jpg
20181129121403_80894.jpg
CGlgxDDUAAA2jei.jpg

Do you know what these people had done before they were killed?

View attachment 599430 View attachment 599431 View attachment 599432
And?
A bunch bunch of civilians with sticks and stones are fair game to crush under tanks?
This the thing with you communist. You don't value life.

People protest all over the world, they are violent all over the world, but they never get crushed to death by tanks.

Here are some violent riots in Canada, yet not a single person was crushed to death by a tank.

**Edit

I wanted to add, the reason no one in Canada was crushed to death is because in a democracy the power of government comes form the people. so the government has an incentive to not kill its own citizens.

In communism, the power does not come from the people, so to the government dead civilians is no big deal. Kill as many as you want to stay in power.

And?
A bunch bunch of civilians with sticks and stones are fair game to crush under tanks?
This the thing with you communist. You don't value life.

People protest all over the world, they are violent all over the world, but they never get crushed to death by tanks.

Here are some violent riots in Canada, yet not a single person was crushed to death by a tank.

**Edit

I wanted to add, the reason no one in Canada was crushed to death is because in a democracy the power of government comes form the people. so the government has an incentive to not kill its own citizens.

In communism, the power does not come from the people, so to the government dead civilians is no big deal. Kill as many as you want to stay in power.
Firstly. It's far from a protest. The rioters had killed many soldiers(some were burnt alive) before soldiers received order to shoot. PDF doesn't allow to post cruel photos so I just skip it.

Second. No one was killed by tank crush. This is a rumor made by west media.

Firstly. It's far from a protest. The rioters had killed many soldiers(some were burnt alive) before soldiers received order to shoot. PDF doesn't allow to post cruel photos so I just skip it.

Second. No one was killed by tank crush. This is a rumor made by west media.

Why don't you tell the full story?

Why was the army there in the first place?

Protesters were peacefully protesting for days until the army came and started shooting. (Deng want the protests to end quickly since world media was in Beijing and he didn't want the world to see what was going on)

But that is not even the point.
You keep ignored the fact that Chinese people protest against the government, army is brought out and then used to kill them.

When people "protest" against Japan, not a single troop is found....

Back
Top Bottom