What's new

Rumors: Pakistan to acquire five C-130J Super Hercules

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the T129, the Turks were denied license to export to the Philippines as well. So best if we move on from the T129

Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock
20 May, 20
https://helihub.com/2020/05/20/philippine-attack-helicopter-purchase-descends-into-deadlock/

Unless the US is going to approve releasing the Zulus soon, it is driving Pakistan to Consider the Z-10ME if the T-129 is out of the picture. Could be a blessing in disguise as Turkey will be forced to develop its engine technology and Pakistan can come back to them when they have the ATAK-2 Heavy Attack Helicopter ready. Are the Zulus approved under CSF?

If Zulus do come indeed as members are saying, then it makes even more sense to wait for T-129 and not buy any Z-10s as the immediate shortfall for an attack helicopter would be met and we could afford for the Turks to sort out a new engine.
Hopefully that is how it plays out.

What do you mean by -30 J?
Lockheed Martin designation for its 15 ft (4.6 m) extended fuselage variant C130-30J

Unless the US is going to approve releasing the Zulus soon, it is driving Pakistan to Consider the Z-10ME if the T-129 is out of the picture. Could be a blessing in disguise as Turkey will be forced to develop its engine technology and Pakistan can come back to them when they have the ATAK-2 Heavy Attack Helicopter ready. Are the Zulus approved under CSF?
Sir Please read the OP, Zulus are also coming God Willing.

You know what happens when you tell someone, "Don't tell anyone, It's a secret"

First Zulu's, then Block 70, and now C-130J?
What's left beside hopes, delusions and a knee to the nuts?

Dear all,

Thanks to @Blacklight, I dug a little deeper and was able to find conclusive evidence that indeed, 5 C-130J's are being acquired. The source of the aircraft is unknown, but 6 squadron appears to be preparing for it.

Also, there have been a 'number' of US bound flights being operated by C-130's in the past 3 weeks. Scheduled all the way until June end, the news of AH-1Z Zulu's return does hold water as @Blacklight mentioned.

I would request the readers to not post this yet on facebook. As it gets muddy and alot of brainless people there start yapping.

I think it is safe to speculate the if's, when's and what's.

Dear all,

Thanks to @Blacklight, I dug a little deeper and was able to find conclusive evidence that indeed, 5 C-130J's are being acquired. The source of the aircraft is unknown, but 6 squadron appears to be preparing for it.

Also, there have been a 'number' of US bound flights being operated by C-130's in the past 3 weeks. Scheduled all the way until June end, the news of AH-1Z Zulu's return does hold water as @Blacklight mentioned.

I would request the readers to not post this yet on facebook. As it gets muddy and alot of brainless people there start yapping.

I think it is safe to speculate the if's, when's and what's.
You probably should have waited till they arrived..guess tomorrow there will be 20-30 youtube videos

On the T129, the Turks were denied license to export to the Philippines as well. So best if we move on from the T129

Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock
20 May, 20
https://helihub.com/2020/05/20/philippine-attack-helicopter-purchase-descends-into-deadlock/
I believe US will offer more vipers along used whisky cobras? In case they refuse T129 engine means no 3rd party business for turkey

You probably should have waited till they arrived..guess tomorrow there will be 20-30 youtube videos
I am fed up of them

Last edited:
That'd be weird though, breaking from the existing engine commonality? Only rationale for that I can think of is that it'd set-up the logistics line for the PAF to acquire used F110 F-16s from AMARC?
GE engine configuration is standardized now ..so it will be cheaper ..GE engine is better
Anyway

I am fed up of them
They have to earn some money..dont be

With USA withdrawing and need someone to keep things in control this was all but expected ..
Khalidzad was here today..

Ok what next in wish list kids are in candy land finely :-) I Beleive blk 70 satandard new along used used whisky cobras refurbish them along more new cobras zulus Pak should do lobby for Maxxpros used one from US as many as they can any more candies???Christmas in June guys

GE engine configuration is standardized now ..so it will be cheaper ..GE engine is better
Anyway

They have to earn some money..dont be

With USA withdrawing and need someone to keep things in control this was all but expected ..
Khalidzad was here today..

While more expensive to set up a second supply chain, a silver lining in having both PW and GE could be more opportunities for our engineers working on Project AZM. The Turks plan to use the GE F110 as the initial engine for their T-FX project.

I believe US will offer more vipers along used whisky cobras? In case they refuse T129 engine means no 3rd party business for turkey

I am fed up of them

If we can get a decent number of Zulus and Whiskey Cobras, we should also try to get some UH-1Y Venoms for the SSG.

commonality of parts with the AH-1Z, ease of maintenance, could be used in the naval role for SAR or ASW or Naval SSG, and it’s cheaper then the Blackhawk.

Last edited:
So that dude Khafee was right all along.... Hope those who insulted and humiliated him will find a cup to drown themselves in ....shame on those members who chased him away ..:

I think it was implied such discussions take time and right moment to materialize , Mr. Khafee he put himself in a tight spot by claiming a decision has been made within Days or Weeks

Moral of story , is wait for a formal confirmation

Me personally of course sympathized with his positivity

The new claim of C130 Hercules , of course feels right as many people are singing the praise
5 New and 4 used would be a proper upgrade for the Armed Forces , Logistical needs

Claim 3 : 5 New , 4 Used C130 - Newest claim
Claim 2 : Zulu would be released ASAP
Claim 1 : We are also getting the F16 Block 72 Upgrade

Big claims hope something formal comes out in Press Release

Can't cook a Palau with no Sauce
OIP.Qz_Y0U20HWibngbxYK49JAHaFj

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom