HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Ruling party MNA from Chiniot ‘volunteers’ to replace Dar

Aurangzeb Malik Published March 11, 2023 Updated about 3 hours ago

LISTEN TO ARTICLE1x1.2x1.5x
CHINIOT: As the government’s financial team struggles to cope with the massive challenges facing the economy, a senior PML-N politician on Friday volunteered to replace the embattled finance minister, Ishaq Dar.
Qaisar Ahmad Sheikh, a thrice-elected MNA from Chiniot who has also served as chairman of the National Assembly’s Standing Committee on Finance for several years, said that it seemed financial matters had now spiralled out of Mr Dar’s control, as the country seems to be heading towards default, while the government is busy tackling the opposition and making cases against them.
Speaking to mediapersons on Friday, Mr Sheikh said the government had failed to revive the economy and control inflation and unemployment as per their promise to people.
Citing a letter written to him by Irfan Iqbal Sheikh, president of the Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Mr Sheikh said the whole business community was looking to him to take a leadership role to revive the economy.
“Not only the common man, middle and poor class of the country, but also investors, millers, industrialists and businessmen are suffering equally from the bad economic policies adopted by the financial team of the government,” he admitted.
He blamed the economic crises on a lack of consultation, saying that the coalition partners did not take the elected parliamentary partners into confidence, and that decision making was confined to only a few “unelected persons”. Not a single meeting of the parliamentary party has been held in the past 10 months, he said, adding that it was time to give key offices and ministries to “elected representatives”, who can serve better than “selected ones”.
“I have also sent a message to the prime minster of Pakistan and apprised him of the bad condition of economy ... I have no lust for office, wealth or protocol, but only want to bring the country out of crisis, with the support of business community,” he said.
According to him, the only way to get out of the crises is a grand dialogue between political parties and all stakeholders of the country, he said.
“I have 50 years of experience as a business leader; [I have been] president of KCCI, a parliamentarian for three terms and enjoy the full support of the business community. I have aspirations to serve the country and am a fit replacement as finance minister,” Mr Sheikh told reporters.
Published in Dawn, March 11th, 2023

Chiniotis are smart, business focused people hard done by PMLn policies- He or hell any random man off the streets can do better than Dar

What I never get is all of the midsized cities outside of Lahore suffered economically because of PMLn/dar's policies yet they voted them in over and over again, gave em heavy majority - it just doesn't make sense

Ok we had PPP and PMLn and PMLn was the better option - but Q-league was better than PMLn, everyone says that

People should have voted for Q-league when PTI wasn't around

Last edited:
I have 50 years of experience as a business leader; [I have been] president of KCCI, a parliamentarian for three terms and enjoy the full support of the business community. I have aspirations to serve the country and am a fit replacement as finance minister,” Mr Sheikh told reporters.
Not that I support Dar or anything but anyone who states his accomplishments with an I instead of highlighting with "what" is a no-go.

At This Point Even A Kiryana Store Owner Can Do Better Than Dar
If Dar is replaced with ChatGPT, you will be amazed how quickly life for millions of Pakistanis would improve. If it was done a year back, the fate of the nation would have been completely different.

But ishaq dar is samdhi of Nawaz Sharif

And that qualification alone is enough for him to continue as finance minister till eternity

he should at least be blacklisted man, this is so dumb, like a parasite he will come back once the host regains some strength

Back
Top Bottom