What's new

Rs 1.70 billion laptop scandal in Punjab

Forget laptops, Gujranwala school needs walls
By Ema Anis
Published: May 4, 2012

GUJRANWALA: A 50-year-old elementary public school in the Basiwala area of Gujranwala has 350 students, but only two rooms to accommodate them.

Not only are the school premises insufficient to accommodate the large number of students, its dilapidated walls and ceilings may also cave in at any moment, a safety hazard.

On sunny days, the children have to sit under the scorching sun to study. During inclement weather, they have to sit among pools of stagnant rainwater mixed with sewerage.

The teachers of the school are equally affected by the conditions but remain helpless.

On the one hand, Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif has been busy distributing advanced laptops among students of the province, while on the other, students of this school within his jurisdiction wait for the government to provide them with basic facilities.

According to a recent report, the budget of the laptop initiative is Rs4 billion, and so far thousands of students across the province have received the laptops.

Forget laptops, Gujranwala school needs walls – The Express Tribune

----------

A perfect case of wrong priorities I guess. The only way the primary school children will get attention if they are made eligible to vote.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forget laptops, Gujranwala school needs walls
By Ema Anis
Published: May 4, 2012

Forget laptops, Gujranwala school needs walls – The Express Tribune

----------

A perfect case of wrong priorities I guess. The only way the primary school children will get attention if they are made eligible to vote.

It was unbelievable for me that a govt owned primary school for girls was in the poultry form, they were studying next to hens... that video above is nothing compared to that...

our job as PTI supporters is two folded, we are not only struggling to save the future of our children but extended to save the future of next generation and also of those who oppose us, because these people who have no access to health, security, education are a bait for them, but for us part of family... how is that a father ignores one child and give candies to the other only ??? not in Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf philosophy because the smaller the difference between classes the better the chances of progressing society.

adeel faheem i beg ur pardon plz respond when u have something logical to say and not if u wanna say something and jumble it like hot air that u seems to be doing lately you said that why does mubashir lucqman dont go into the courts he did and then u came up with stupid excuse for it . And kindly tell me when has any one jumped from one tree to an other and no i am not pti fan but that doesnt mean that i am stupid and blind and will simply follow what my elders tell me to atleast reply logically

Its becoming a permanent behavior of PTI fans, when they become speechless ("Theeth" in Punjabi) at a point, they Jump from that tree to another :cheesy:

The usual aye baye shaye... and why bring PTI into that? Why can't you reply with a proper argument? Please don't paint any criticism over PMLN with the brush of PTI. The news is from ET and they've reported that ''PMLN have enough money to distribute Laptops in Lahore, but in Gujranwala their are schools which doesn't posses any boundary walls''. I leave the judgement to you; Which one should have been prioritized, distributing laptops OR attention to primary schools?

Where there are discrepancies and deficiencies in PTI and it's policies we criticize them too - you should also have the guts and courage to do the same in regards to PMLN. I guess that's what makes me (PTI) different than you (PMLN).

adeel faheem i beg ur pardon plz respond when u have something logical to say and not if u wanna say something and jumble it like hot air that u seems to be doing lately you said that why does mubashir lucqman dont go into the courts he did and then u came up with stupid excuse for it . And kindly tell me when has any one jumped from one tree to an other and no i am not pti fan but that doesnt mean that i am stupid and blind and will simply follow what my elders tell me to atleast reply logically

This thread is about LapTop scheme, not about Primary School... Secondly this thread is not about me either, so you should concentrate on the topic rather than me...
M.Luqman is going to the courts exactly because he wants the "initiative edge" to minimize the damage... If you are not that much intelligent then at least you have the right to remain silent... :lol:
Kahawat hai k "Nadan dost say dana dushman behtar hai" (Pathan ke madad ko b Pathan he aaya)

What I have learnt here is that PML-N did not spend a single penny on the laptops, the money they used to buy the laptops is the money of People of Pakistan. Simple as that.

PML-N if they really had to help the students instead of doing this cheap publicity they should had made a big Computer Lab which would had benefited all the students, currently it is only benefiting those who got the old laptops plus laptop lifespan is not long & there are other issues such as expensive spare parts etc. who will bare that? Students? Had it been a lab it would had been under university or colleges or schools.

The bottom line is this is another cheap way to promote themselves by using the money which belongs to the people of Pakistan, this money could have been used to develop Pakistan but it is been used for personal benefits ONLY!!

PML-N knows well how to fool the stupid & desperate people of Pakistan.

this thread is about every thing that is related to the laptops and primary schools comes in it and yes it because the educated people remained silent that pakistan is where is it a marhsal where dogs rule be it zardari or nawaz or bhutto. country always goes to Dogs when u cant even think out side the box

Back
Top Bottom