What's new

Romania Unveils new Armoured Vehicle

Reashot Xigwin

Reaction score
Army of Romania unveils Dacia Duster Army 4x4 armoured vehicle armed with 7.62 machine gun.

During a military parade for the National Day in Romania, December 1, 2013, Romanian Ministry of Defense showcased a special Dacia Duster vehicle modified for military use. The Dacia Duster Army was the highlight of the traditional military parade that takes place each year under Bucharest’s Arch of Triumph monument.

Dacia_Duster_army_4x4_light_tactical_armoured_vehicle_Romania_Romanian_army_640_001.jpg

The new Dacia Duster Army was unveiled during a military parade for the National Day of Romania, December 1, 2013.

Modified by Renault’s Romanian engineering center RTR, the Duster military vehicle complies with NATO standards and with the Romanian Army’s transport necessities.

The vehicle is fitted with a series of special features including an armoring system, additional underbody protection for the engine, gearbox, fuel tank and rear differential, removable winch, anchoring system for air transport, capability to tow military trailers, “black out” and camouflaged lighting systems, plus exterior 12V and 24V sockets.

The vehicle was also fitted with a remote weapon station armed with a 7.62mm machine gun.

The parade also included two Duster police vehicles based on the facelifted model, which feature special visual and acoustic upgrades, as well as police specific livery. Other special vehicles based on the Duster present at the parade were from the Gendarmerie, firefighters and border police.

http://www.armyrecognition.com/decem...n_0412136.html

That's one Fugly looking car. :bad: On the other hand it is real useful to get through traffic in here.

Other link: http://www.carscoops.com/2013/12/bulletproof-dacia-duster-army-vehicle.html

MP link:Army of Romania unveils Dacia Duster Army 4x4 armoured vehicle armed with 7.62 mg

Renault/Dacia Duster doesn't look too bad, but as an armoured vehicle :woot: not too sure about that.

But if it meets NATO standards then it must be good enough.

I was about to say, Thats a terios kid with some roll bars.

I find it hilarious how everybody concentrated on the Dacia,but in reality it's use won't be as an armored vehicle but mostly for the MP behind the lines to replace the old ARO's in the army

ARO - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.....Anyway R.I.P ARO,thanks democracy !

The star in Romania at the parade actually was the new romanian made APC SAUR 2

more pictures :

SAUR 2 in toata splendoarea lui... | Romania MilitaryRomania Military

Iraq recently contacted Romania for arms, according to Iraq’s military analysist DJ eliott Iraq will be looking for SAUR 2 and other weaponry! hope it’s a good APC better than BTR4 which showed bad signs.

Thats a family car! just painted green and fitted with a gun! :p

Iraq recently contacted Romania for arms, according to Iraq’s military analysist DJ eliott Iraq will be looking for SAUR 2 and other weaponry! hope it’s a good APC better than BTR4 which showed bad signs.

It is my friend,current army evaluations placed it above the Mowag Piranhas the romanian army recently bought which actually triggered a shitstorm in my country because we believe someone took a heavy bribe.In the end Piranha acquisition was capped at 31 and the SAUR was given a chance.
As far as i know some few years ago the irakis came to us for APC's before the BTR4 but some of our officials requested bribes and the irakis canceled talks because of this.That idiotic goverment and its cronies are gone,many of them are put on trials today for corruption so let's hope for a better outcome this time.

Good vehicle, bad music. :enjoy:

Fan made dude.As i've said,even with the crappy music the SAUR 2 was the product of sheer belief,the 2008-2011 goverment tried its best to destroy what remained of Moreni (the factory that makes the SAUR),they didn't give any money for development,refuse to test the SAUR when they were given a prototype for free!,the workers forfeited their wages for months!! to pay for R&D and were given money by private individuals to work.The site of Moreni was made by volunteers who worked for free.I have the utmost respect for these people ,they've sticked to their guns to save one of the last local romanian arms producers.It was heart breaking to see them beg the politicians "just take the prototype for testing and if it doesn't meet the criteria then we'll forget about it"...and they did this for a long time until finally ,due to public pressure they took it in for testing and surprise :the product deliveres with 60% of the price of a swiss made Piranha.

You see my friend,current day Romania is not Turkey ,our arms industry is sustained by many people who often work for free just to produce something and keep the remaining factories alive.

Currently we are on a "crusade" to save "Avioane Craiova" factory by developing an extensial upgrade(radar,avionics) to the IAR 99 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
I wonder how this frog could get STANAG certificates...:hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom