What's new

Rolls Royce in Pakistan did municipal street cleaning in Bahawalpur !

I think so too. There may indeed have been a car used by the Nawab of Bhagalpur to clean the streets, but if it was this car, it wasn't a RR.

The video attached by @chak de INDIA also has made a mistake in identifying the car. It claims the car to be a 1925 RR Phantom Coupe, which is way off target.

http://www.coachbuild.com/gallery/d...Royce_Phantom_l_Aerodynamic_Coupe_1925_07.jpg

That car pictured in the post has none of the signature element of a Rolls Royce in it. Remember that the RRs of the time; had different bodies, even more so since they were custom built for customers like the Maharajas. That work was done by custom builders like Mulliner etc. RR only made the chassis, engines and drive-trains. But even that had the signature RR features, which cannot be seen in the picture of the car masquerading as a Rolls-Royce.

I think that picture isn't even from our subcontinent to begin with. The streets look like somewhere in Italy or Anatolia. The attire of the people definitely looks European. The only 'familiar' scene is a dark skinned man in the foreground!:lol: (which may not even be the case as skin tone isn't always accurate in black&white pics.)

indian ego response:pissed:: oh my god, lets gets out dicks out and measure it again,

the story is a "adoption". the real story is even twisted in India to claim Maharajah of Patiala,Jaipur did this. but, the correct version, I think is:
Rolls-Royces were popular among the maharajas, and the Maharaja of Bharatpur amassed a fleet of them that at its peak is said to have exceeded 200. However, when the firm became complacent and ceased to treat him in the manner to which he was accustomed, he decided to teach its directors a lesson by turning some of the cars into garbage collection vans and circulating photographs of them. Perhaps understandably, there were no Rolls-Royce garbage vans to be seen at the concours.

The Maharani Sethu Parvati Bai of Travancore, on the other hand, made rather better use of her 1933 Rolls, having a footstool fitted to accommodate a dwarf to massage her legs while remaining hidden from onlookers.
Maharajas of the road - Indian concours car show -Telegraph

Fake thread - the real one is a Maharajah from Rajasthan who messed up the Brit's royal symbol - the RR by using it as waste collectors.

Its not a rolls royce, nor is the story from Bahawalpur or anywhere else in India.

rrpls3.jpg

ford-model-c-phaeton-view-download-wallpaper-1024x768-comments_bde1f.jpg
Its a Ford Phaeton in France and the broom is there to sweep away shrapnels and broken glass to save the tyres from punctures,. Apparently a common practice in Europe during the world war.

rolls royce did cleaning of pakistani roads?

indian ego response:pissed:: oh my god, lets gets out dicks out and measure it again,

no no, pakistanis are wrong, we are still superior beings, it was the picture of hyderabad, we invented rolls royce garbage cleaning in south asia first got it, egos are now satisfied

The photo is from France. Do you really think people in Pakistan, that too in Bahawalpur wore suits :lol:

Last edited:
The photo is from France. Do you really think people in Pakistan, that too in Bahawalpur wore suits :lol:

i didn't said anything about the picture but typical indian egoistic response was hilarious

Must be Chinese Roll royce.:smart: If you didn't find answer just put blaim on China.Simple

Oh?? So the chinese made Rolls-Royces at the time that this "story" supposedly took place?
Well; they made excellent "hand-drawn rikshaws" then. That is for sure....... :-)

Where are these cars now? Could have made at least 1 city sparkling by now :pop:

Oh?? So the chinese made Rolls-Royces at the time that this "story" supposedly took place?
Well; they made excellent "hand-drawn rikshaws" then. That is for sure....... :-)

Many more jokes on the way mate, many more:-)

Its not a rolls royce, nor is the story from Bahawalpur or anywhere else in India.

rrpls3.jpg

ford-model-c-phaeton-view-download-wallpaper-1024x768-comments_bde1f.jpg
Its a Ford Phaeton in France and the broom is there to sweep away shrapnels and broken glass to save the tyres from punctures,. Apparently a common practice in Europe during the world war.

The car in the B&W photo above looks like a Citroen or an Adler Sedan.

The car in the B&W photo above looks like a Citroen or an Adler Sedan.

Its defo a ford phaeton. Look at the grill( there is the circular hole right at the bottom in the griil, the bumper, the lights, exactly the same.

Its defo a ford phaeton. Look at the grill( there is the circular hole right at the bottom in the griil, the bumper, the lights, exactly the same.

Do you mean that the car in the color picture (that you posted) and the B&W picture are the same? :disagree:
The car whose picture that you posted a is a premium coupe (Ford Phaetons were luxury cars), while the car in the OP is a humble sedan.
The Radiator Grilles are markedly different, while the circular hole in the bottom of the grille was there in all cars of that time......for a starter crank handle :-)
Since solenoid starter motors (Bendix Gear) was either not there or was not reliable enough.
Ditto for lights; they were similar across all marques of the time, being only smaller or larger in diameter.

I'd still say that the car in the OP is an Continental make, likely a Citroen, Puegeot or Adler.

Back
Top Bottom