What's new

Rohingya Ethnic Cleansing - Updates & Discussions

Buddhist community of Bangladesh protesting against the barbaric military regime of burma.
21463028_197422410798010_2947047644312534074_n.jpg

a big slap to the shangis

Why don't BD expends her territory into Burma? Dear BD, take Rohingya, and take them with their land. Someone might help. Its a bold step, but it will earn you alot.

Rohingya crisis explained in maps
A visual explainer of the unrest in Myanmar that has forced around one million Rohingya to flee their homes.
Shakeeb Asrar | 11 Sep 2017 13:52 GMT | Rohingya, Myanmar, Interactive, War & Conflict, Bangladesh
Rohingya are a majority-Muslim ethnic group who have lived in the Buddhist nation of Myanmar for centuries.

The maps below follow the path of Rohingya from their ethnic homeland of Rakhine state in Myanmar to Bangladesh's district of Cox's Bazar, as well as several other countries in Asia, where the Rohingya have sought sanctuary since the 1970s.

READ MORE: All you need to know about the Rohingya

Where are the Rohingya located?
The Rohingya have faced persecution at the hands of Myanmar's military since the country's independence in the late 1940s.

In October 2016, a military crackdown in the wake of a deadly attack on an army post sent hundreds of thousands of Rohingya fleeing to neighbouring Bangladesh.

Similar attacks in August 2017 led to the ongoing military crackdown, which has led to a new mass exodus of Rohingya.

Most Rohingya have sought refuge in and around Cox's Bazar in Bangladesh.
bb5083d45a264c3c87be754b99bc2b2d_7.jpg

afb325a6ff9c4e889382b1f21462bb95_7.jpg

Which countries are hosting the Rohingya?
About one million Rohingya have fled Myanmar since the first brutal military action in 1977. The majority have taken refuge in Bangladesh, but other countries in Asia and the Middle East have also opened their doors to one of the world's most prosecuted communities.

3cd42927350843fea7c123151ee0fef5_6.jpg

Are there other ethnic groups in Myanmar?
There are 135 official ethnic groups in Myanmar, but the Rohingya have been denied citizenship in Myanmar since 1982, which has effectively rendered them stateless.
ad7d9a272bca499eb515e4db5e08bc71_7.jpg

Follow Shakeeb Asrar on Twitter: @shakeebasrar
Source: Al Jazeera and news agencies
http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/in...ya-crisis-explained-maps-170910140906580.html

Why don't BD expends her territory into Burma? Dear BD, take Rohingya, and take them with their land. Someone might help. Its a bold step, but it will earn you alot.

No one is going to help us plus it will complicate things more

12:00 AM, September 15, 2017 / LAST MODIFIED: 02:53 AM, September 15, 2017
Reporter’s Diary: Massacre, every day
Osama Rahman
As I was heading towards Shah Porir Dwip, the uninterrupted range of lush green mountains had an entrancing effect. Momentarily, I forgot my purpose for visiting. As I was marveling at the clouds delicately clinging to the mountains, like lovers reuniting after a long time, I realised, not all the wisps were clouds; some were smoke, billowing from villages on the Myanmar side, clearly on fire.

On the roadside, I could see Rohingyas staring at the columns of smoke in the distance. Someone had set their homes alight; everything they had known and loved was going up in flames. Now, they were witnessing the loss of their homes with their feet planted on a land strange to them. I wondered if the mountains themselves, protecting Naypyidaw from the disapproving of glare of the world, knew whether they were Rohingyas or not.

Soon we reached Shahpori Dwip, the point where Bangladesh ends and the land of genocide begins. The first thing that hits you there is the long lines of people pouring in. The second thing that shocks you is the silence. Heads bent low, the procession of pain, formed fresh off the boat, trudge along with nary a word spoken.

We often feel that we can talk our way out of things. These people had tried. They had failed. They had pleaded. They had failed. Words had failed them. Why should they give them another chance?

Searching the crowds for someone to talk to, all I see are eyes staring back; each eye is silently questioning my very conscience. It feels like they are poring deep into your soul, threatening to bare everything you hold inside as a cost for what they have been put through. Suddenly, I find a young girl in her father's arms. As our eyes meet, a shy smile touches the corners of her lips. Her hair is golden, unexpected given where we are.

“Her name is Reshmi,” her father, Abdullah, says, informing us that she is four. Reshmi escaped with her parents yesterday. “They burned our house. They were slaughtering people in front of us. We began to run,” he says. Even in these trying times, I feel a sense of happiness. They had all made it. Except, any happiness you feel here comes from a lack of knowing. “My 5-year old son couldn't make it. I saw him get shot. He died in front of me,” Abdullah adds. The words send a chill through my bones. A father seeing his son murdered in cold blood.

I go up to Reshmi's mother, Sabekun Nur, and ask her what she dreams for her daughter now. Draped in a burqa, only her eyes are visible. “What dreams? My son is dead,” she adds with finality. I can say nothing more to her. Abdullah interjects saying he wants to send Reshmi to school. His son, Syedullah, loved school.

He then tells me he has to leave. Before I look for someone else to talk to, 35-year-old Azizul, from Rashidong approaches. His Bangla is pretty good, so our conversation is not difficult. “I came here with my four kids and wife. I was a madrasa teacher there,” he says. The family has been surviving on dates and water for the last six days. As he becomes increasingly restless, I ask him about Al-Yaqin and he says he has never seen them.

I begin to walk towards where the boats are docking. Shahanaz, a girl in a pink kameez crosses my path, tears streaming down her face. She seems alone. I ask her where everyone is. “My mother is dead. They killed her,” she says, before running away. While no one speaks here, sudden cries interrupt the silence now and then. Now, it comes from Zahida Begum, 13, a resident of Rashidong, who has come here with her 10 brothers. I am almost afraid to ask her what's wrong. She sees me and sniffles. “They took my father,” she cries out when I ask.

After a few minutes' walk I see two men carrying a woman, each of her arms around their shoulders. Meet 85 year old Sokina. Another resident of Rashidong, she has travelled seven days. She is being carried by her son Lal Miah and his son, Ziaul Haque. I ask her how she is. “What will I say? I have lost three sons. They were all shot.”

Before I can depart, a horrible sight greets me. A woman, drags herself across the rocky shoreline. Her two children watching her from a distance are delighted. This is Nur Nahar. Her leg was burnt when the military launched grenades. The eight months pregnant woman can walk no longer. “We were in the hills for days,” she says. “The military threw us in to the river. Told us to swim across or die.”

Today Myanmar's government talks about eliminating terrorists. I look at her children and anger overcomes everything. Myanmar is lying. A massacre is taking place in Myanmar every day. It cannot go unpunished.
http://www.thedailystar.net/frontpa...is-reporters-diary-massacre-every-day-1462366

12:00 AM, September 15, 2017 / LAST MODIFIED: 02:51 AM, September 15, 2017
Too little, too late
Inam Ahmed and Shakhawat Liton

Although it came quite late in the series of events, the UN Security Council statement Wednesday just reminded the world how terrible is the nature of persecution and massacre of the Rohingya. So grave is the matter now that even China and Russia which in the past had blocked several UN resolutions since 2007 including the one mooted in March this year did not object to Wednesday's censure.

After the statement, British UN Ambassador Matthew Rycroft said it was the first time in nine years the council had agreed to a statement on Myanmar.

This is probably because the world has this time been totally convinced of what the International State Crime Initiative (ISCI), had concluded in its 2015 report that “the Rohingya faces the final stages of genocide”.

The ISCI, a highly respected community of scholars working to expose, document, explain and resist state crimes, is based at Queen Mary University of London. Its other partners are University of Hull, University of Ulster and Harvard Humanitarian Initiative. Eminent linguist, historian and philosopher Noam Chomsky is one of its honorary fellows.

Nevertheless, its report said to be the most systematic study on the treatment of the Rohingya had gone largely unnoticed or been ignored by the international community. Otherwise the world would not have waited for 2017. And the ongoing murders and rapes of the Rohingya could perhaps be avoided.

While doing the study, ISCI had found that of the six stages of genocide -- stigmatization; harassment, violence and terror; isolation and segregation; and systematic weakening of the Rohingya -- had been completed in Myanmar by 2015. The final two -- mass annihilation and finally symbolic enactment involving the removal of the victim group from the collective history -- is now being staged in the Rakhine State.

The ISCI also documented how these genocide processes have been orchestrated at the highest levels of state and local Rakhine government. The actions were led by state officials, Rakhine politicians, Buddhist monks and Rakhine civil society activists.

“The State's persistent and intensified 'othering' of the Rohingya as outsiders, illegal Bengali immigrants and potential terrorists has given a green light to Rakhine nationalists and Islamophobic monks to orchestrate invidious campaigns of race and religious hatred reminiscent of those witnessed in Germany in the 1930s and Rwanda in the early 1990s,” the report said.

ISCI discovered a leaked document apparently adopted by the Myanmar regime in 1988 which reveals the country's State Peace and Development Council's commitment to eliminating the Rohingya from Myanmar.
rohingya_cleansing.jpg

These include reducing the population growth of the Rohingyas by gradual imposition of restrictions on their marriages and by application of all possible methods of oppression and suppression against them, denying them higher studies, government jobs, ownership of lands, shops and buildings.

The council's plan is literally to stop all their economic activities and secretly convert the Muslims into Buddhists.

ISCI also showed how the Arakan National Party (ANP), the majority Buddhist political party in Rakhine, has adopted Nazi ideology in its documents. ANP mouthpiece magazine The Progress in its November 2012 editorial after the June violence on the Rohingya wrote: “Hitler and Eichmann were the enemy of the Jews, but were probably heroes to the Germans…In order for a country's survival, the survival of a race, or in defense of national sovereignty, crimes against humanity or in-human acts may justifiably be committed as Hitler and the Holocaust... If that survival principle or justification is applied or permitted equally [in our Myanmar case] our endeavors to protect our Rakhine race and defend the sovereignty and longevity of the Union of Myanmar cannot be labelled as "crimes against humanity", or "inhuman" or "in-humane". ... We no longer wish to hold permanent concerns about the Bengali in our midst. We just want to get it over and done with, once and for all."

This policy continued in bits and pieces until the actions escalated in October last year and again this time in 2017 that has successfully reduced the Rohingya population by half in Myanmar.

Wednesday's UN move, although too late for the genocide to be avoided, is still a flicker of hope for a people left without a land. A people who “are not alive or dead”.

If the world treats this ISCI report more seriously, the UN should move more determinedly with robust actions, including investigations into crimes against humanity and sanctions.

It is after all the UN Special Rapporteur on human rights in Myanmar, Tomas Ojea Quintana, himself agreed with the observations of the report and said “the International State Crime Initiative arrives at a convincing conclusion” that a process of genocide against the Rohingya population is underway in Myanmar.”

Now that the UN human rights chief has termed the situation “a textbook case of ethnic cleansing” the demand for more actions can be heard louder.
http://www.thedailystar.net/frontpage/mayanmar-rohingya-refugee-crisis-too-little-too-late-1462351

Rohingya crisis: The other face of today’s humanity
Looking at the fleeing Rohingyas today – young, old and new born, men and women – all trying to escape a murderous Myanmar army, one may wonder if we have come away from the age of Halagu Khan and his atrocities. The brutality that the Myanmar junta and its Buddhist supporters showed can only match that of Khan and what he inflicted during his siege of Baghdad in 1257. His victims look no different from what we see in the Rohingyas.

Today, in a world we boast of being complete with compassion, empathy and advancements, a pair of twins, barely days old and fleeing for their lives, confront and compel us to reflect on all the things we behold as achievements and progress in humanity. A fleeting mass of people we name as Rohingyas who made desperate attempts to scurry for refuge with stories of mass persecution, torture, rape and arson shake us back to the reality of a world we thought was long left behind.

This is a full coverage of what we have so far written and documented on the Rohingya persecution
http://www.thedailystar.net/myanmar-rohingya-crisis-the-other-face-of-todays-humanity

Inside Story of 2000 Naf River war between Bangladesh and Myanmer.
Must Read
1f642.png
:)

The whole deteils is writen by our WAR HERO - "Alm Fazlur Rahman"

"Naf is a bordering river between Bangladesh and Myanmar. Upper Naf has about 12 branches of smaller river. In 1966, Pakistan and Burma concluded a treaty agreeing that none of the countries will train the Naf river or branches of rivers . With the natural shifting of depth of river the demarcation of boundary between the countries will shift. When I took over as DG BDR I was told that 28 hundred acres TOTAL DIP OF BANGLADESH had been grabbed by Myanmar by shifting the depth of Naf river by building dams, groans and spars on the stewaries of main Naf river taking advantage of 1966 treaty.

Suddenly, Myanmar started building dam on the last branches of Naf river, if completed whole TAKNAF would go into the sea. We protested but in-vain. Myanmar didn't stop. To protect the building side Myanmar deployed two divisions Army under command two major generals one from army and another from Navy. We positioned 2500 BDR troops under DDG BDR and kept the command directly under me. In one night, I moved 25 lac different types of ammunition and bombs in Cox's Bazar. Kept half in Cox's Bazar and sent half to the war positions.

On 1st January 2000 at about 2.30 pm, I gave order for firing and the offensive strick was on. It lasted for 3 days in which 600 Myanmar army soldiers were killed. The war was live broadcasted by reporters Z. I. Mamun and Supan Roy on Ekushey Television. On 4th January, Myanmar's Head of the State Senior General Than Shwe call all the diplomats in Rangoon telling them that, Myanmar wants no war with Bangladesh. Cease fire was effected and a letter came from Myanmar govt saying, "We invite a delegation from Bangladesh to discuss all outstanding matters between two countries without any preconditions".

Negotiation started under joint secretary (political affairs) Janibul Haque of the Ministry of Home Affairs, who headed the Bangladesh delegation in Myanmar. During the bilateral talks, Myanmar side was so wrought-up that they didn't even provide typewriters. And the treaty was signed on hand written documents. Myanmar dismantle the dam, thus we could save Teknaf from being lost into the Bay of Bengal. We defeated Myanmar's forces completely with no loss of life from our side. This is in nutshell about NAF WAR."

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom