What's new

Road trip, UK to Pakistan

P1000942.jpg

Three course meal in Hotel Belle-Vue. Brilliant food here. This was desert, they also accommodate Halal if given advance warning but there fish variety is very nice

IMG_0681.jpg

This is a small town en-route to Arlon, Belgium

20130504_130226.jpg

As above

P1000847.jpg

Luxembourg roads, one of the best in Europe, making the ride so much enjoyable. I am the one in the red bike, second

IMG_0630.jpg

The old castle of Vianden, near the German border

IMG_0627.jpg

Vianden, view from cable car

IMG_0592.jpg

Pit stop in France

IMG_0577.jpg

Folkestone before departure

@Thor - can you post a small description of each pic mate?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully my next trip out will be much better as I have got a good hang of European roads. Went out with a group of about 10 this time around, made it more difficult to hold together, nonetheless I will be going with friends next time around rather then a touring group.

Will be looking for volunteers here as well, so if anyone is interested, then please let me know and we can see what dates fit us all.

@Thor - can you post a small description of each pic mate?

Will do matey, Will do

enjoy ur trip mate..post more pics.

So @Thor when are you reaching Lahore ? :what:

The Grand Australian Roadtrip : Motographing 23,000 kms on a Ducati with Shell Advance

Check this dude out . He might have some pointers . He does solos in many different countries and across many countries as well .

Mission: Red Planet: MotoGrapher Rides to the World Ducati Week from Dubai to Italy

He traveled from Dubai to Europe as well , so he would know all the customs and rules . You can check the site and get the idea of things you will get into .

And instead of Taking your bike everywhere and paying huge amount as security you can get the same bike from "Local Bike fan group" and continue onwards .

Just a suggestion .

But... what about the arse??? :yu:

Back is the main issue with these motorcycles as many sportsbikes have your body frame bent forward which will hurt your back bigtime like what he quoted above - R1. He has chosen a sports touring as I am myself eyeing a sport touring - thought of Ducati Diavel but you don't get old ones as it is a new motorcycle line - So eyeing an used Ducati Monster or Multistrada for this summer so that is both sporty and you can do long distances but I saw that the body frame is still bent forward which will strain the back unlike Diavel or say an Harley Dyna.

how about a visit on bicycle to Pakistan... not too hard. If you do 100-km a day, it will take 2 months.
Any interested European?.. i can give tips for all the route.

I will be uploading new photos soon enough.

As before, I am looking for partners to travel through Europe. Obviously it appears that i will be doing a few trips through Europe to get to see the layout, routes, roads, and alot more before embarking on the journey proper. Hence any riders looking for a few days adventure, lets go. I am not one to talk the talk, but very much walk the walk all the way... serious considerations only please.

'I've done a road trip to Pakistan in April this year with a charity. We took a convoy of 30 ambulances all the way from Nottingham to Islamabad. I've also been riding since early this year and i have a suzuki sv 650 sports tourer. I'd be interested in doing something similar. Please get back to me on umairkhan125 hotmail.com asap so that we can take this further.'

Please note there is an 'at' missing in my e-mail as I have just got one post and it doesn't allow me to post an e-mail address.

hello I dont even know how to drive a motorbike, too risky said mom, so never got a chance to learn :ashamed:

how about a visit on bicycle to Pakistan... not too hard. If you do 100-km a day, it will take 2 months.
Any interested European?.. i can give tips for all the route.

not a bad idea ! :tup:

Hi Guys,

I drove from UK to Pakistan with an Aid Convoy. I have a blog which might be useful for someone planning a similar trip.

uktopk.blogspot.co.uk

Many thanks
Uzair

Back
Top Bottom