What's new

Road accidents claim 967 lives, militancy 95 in J&K in 2012

perplexed

BANNED
Reaction score
JAMMU: Road accidents have claimed ten times more lives than militancy in Jammu and Kashmir this year, according to official statistics.

As many as 967 people were killed and 8,305 injured in road accidents in Jammu and Kashmir till October-end this year.

A total of 95 people, including 58 ultras, were killed and 115 injured in militancy-related incidents in the state this year, the home ministry's data said.

A total of 1120 people were killed and 10108 injured in 6,644 road accidents in the state last year as compared to 1042 dead and 8709 injured in 6136 accidents during 2010.

Road accidents claim 967 lives, militancy 95 in J&K in 2012 - The Times of India

People who lost their lives, R.I.P except the ultras, Ultras as expected will burn in hell!!

Good to see peace in J&K!! Good job Indian Army for maintaining peace in the cross border terrorists infested Kashmir valley!

Good to see peace in J&K.

Hope J&K will gain its status once again "Heaven on Earth".

JAMMU: Road accidents have claimed ten times more lives than militancy in Jammu and Kashmir this year, according to official statistics.

As many as 967 people were killed and 8,305 injured in road accidents in Jammu and Kashmir till October-end this year.

A total of 95 people, including 58 ultras, were killed and 115 injured in militancy-related incidents in the state this year, the home ministry's data said.

A total of 1120 people were killed and 10108 injured in 6,644 road accidents in the state last year as compared to 1042 dead and 8709 injured in 6136 accidents during 2010.

Road accidents claim 967 lives, militancy 95 in J&K in 2012 - The Times of India

Seriously, is this good or bad?

God bless our Indian roads

The title should be " Road accidents claim 967 lives, militancy
37 in J&K in 2012". Don't include those 58 scumbags with innocents who lost their lifes coz of these ultras.

Seriously, is this good or bad?

God bless our Indian roads

Exactly- whilst it is good deaths in JK caused by militancy are down ~1000 lives for state of ~12,000,000 is just appalling. Road safety in India needs to be dramatically improved immediately.

Exactly- whilst it is good deaths in JK caused by militancy are down ~1000 lives for state of ~12,000,000 is just appalling. Road safety in India needs to be dramatically improved immediately.

buddy.. you have to consider the terrain also..

buddy.. you have to consider the terrain also..

Yes, this was at the back of my mind but even taking into account the terrain the numbers are just too high. And we have plenty of supporting evidence- just look at nation-wide figures for India, per capita road death in India is sickening.

The last time I was up north in India, I nearly **** myself going up those roads, seriously hasn't whoever in charge of public roads ever heard of safety railings. I noticed the same on the way to Munnar in Kerala. Might be different now though, I haven't been up north in more than a decade.

i went last year to munnar and in 2010 to j&k and then i realised why india was featured on the show "deadliest roads"

Good to see peace in J&K.

Hope J&K will gain its status once again "Heaven on Earth".

Heaven on earth , my foot... Have you ever been to Goa????

Troll thread, I don't know what the thread meant for???

i went last year to munnar and in 2010 to j&k and then i realised why india was featured on the show "deadliest roads"

haha atleast in munnar the bus drivers are ok..go on the calicut - wayanad route and see the ksrtc drivers...the guys are awesome..

Back
Top Bottom