What's new

Rivals at home: Sister-in-law to contest polls against Nawaz Sharif

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan's upcoming elections are full of surprises for many. Even two times former prime minister and arguably the top political leader of the country, Nawaz Sharif, is no exception.

In an unprecedented move, Saira Bano, sister-in-law of Pakistan Muslim League-N's (PML-N) chief Sharif, has recently announced to contest polls slated for May 11 against him.

Shock for Sharif

nawaz-sharif-3_275_041613113216.jpg

What comes as a shock is that she is contesting from the platform of All Pakistan Muslim League (APML), party of Sharif's rival Pervez Musharraf.

Bano might be unknown for majority of countrymen, however, she belongs to one of the prominent families of Pakistani wrestlers.

Lahore-based Bano is the daughter of renowned wrestler (pehalwan), Goga Pehalwan, and the widow of Jhara Pehalwan. She is also the first cousin of Sharif's wife, Begum Kalsoom Nawaz.

Both Bano and Kalsoom are granddaughters of the all-time greatest wrestler, Gama Pehalwan, also known as The Great Gama.

Bano recently announced that she would contest elections against the PML-N's chief from NA-120 seat after she was awarded a ticket by Musharraf's party.

Confident

Talking to Mail Today, Bano confirmed that she was contesting against Sharif and was confident to defeat him.

"I know he is an influential and a popular politician. But I have followers of my grandfather and husband who are campaigning for me. I am confident to give tough time to Sharif,"Saira said.

When asked what made her to contest elections, Bano said she was contesting polls to become member of Pakistan's lower house to represent the poor people of Pakistan in the Parliament.

"I am a close relative of Sharif. He was supposed to help my family following death of my husband, who won a large number of titles for Pakistan. However, both Sharif and my sister Kalsoom never ever helped me. If they can't help one of their close relatives, how can they feel pain of the millions of poor? This is what encouraged me," said Bano, mother of an unemployed son and three daughters.

Bano said she has been repeatedly threatened and is asked not to use the name of Jhara Pehalwan.

Many believe in Pakistan that Saira, despite drawing massive public support, is simply no match to Sharif. "She cannot defeat Sharif, however, she would surely break his vote bank,"said Asim Qadeer Rana, political analyst and veteran Pakistani journalist.

Rivals at home: Sister-in-law to contest polls against Nawaz Sharif in Pakistan polls : Pakistan, News - India Today

Isn't the Goga Phelwan one who opened the famous shop of Naan Chanay waali in Model town "Goga Naqeebiya" ? right beside the Nawaz sharif park

Why u think this comments is related to family politic ? Its about his own dont trust him

First you people talk about family politics and now you come up with another excuse. :rolleyes:

First you people talk about family politics and now you come up with another excuse. :rolleyes:

This is about Family politics, all of Nawaz's family gets a free ride even though they have no qualifications.
Tell me, what qualifications does Maryam nawaz have outside of being the daughter of Nawaz?
What makes her so special that she is so heavily into politics?
But now, even though Nawa's family members can get a free ride with him, they don't even trust him anymore and are defecting to other parties.
Even Nawaz's family does not think Nawaz is the leader for Pakistan. :omghaha:

This is about Family politics, all of Nawaz's family gets a free ride even though they have no qualifications.
Tell me, what qualifications does Maryam nawaz have outside of being the daughter of Nawaz?
What makes her so special that she is so heavily into politics?
But now, even though Nawa's family members can get a free ride with him, they don't even trust him anymore and are defecting to other parties.
Even Nawaz's family does not think Nawaz is the leader for Pakistan. :omghaha:

What do you say about Justin Trudeau ? :azn:

Maryam Nawaz:

Is currently pursuing a PhD degree at Cambridge University. She has worked vital role in the establishment of higher education in Punjab

Included in the list of Young Global World Economic Forum

;)

Maryam Nawaz:

Is currently pursuing a PhD degree at Cambridge University. She has worked vital role in the establishment of higher education in Punjab

;)

PHD in Cambridge University and then come to do politics while our youth and teenagers in Pakistan don't have good education and universities!
What a vision!!

Maryam Nawaz:

;)

PDH in saudi arabia with the saudi royal family am i right ?

Maryam Nawaz:

;)

Justin Trudeau won 80% of the vote in an election, how many votes did Maryam nawaz get?
Comparing Pakistani politics to Candian politics will only result in you looking like a bigger fool than you already look like.

And there are half a million other people who HAVE PHDs, forget about "persuing"
If "persuing" a PHD made you qualified than millions of other people who already have PHDs and Post Docs are even more qualified.
And if she is working on higher education, why isn't she using that same education? It's like a sales man trying to sell you a Honda while he himself drives a BMW.

Again, I ask you, what qualifications does she have outside of being the daughter of a failed leader?
What vote did she win? What vision did she bring?

The end of Kind Nawaz is near, inshallah soon Pakistan will be run by Pakistanis, not political mafia families.

This proves that people with brains see kuta Nawaz as a threat to Pakistan.

Justin Trudeau won 80% of the vote in an election, how many votes did Maryam nawaz get?
Comparing Pakistani politics to Candian politics will only result in you looking like a bigger fool than you already look like.

And there are half a million other people who HAVE PHDs, forget about "persuing"
If "persuing" a PHD made you qualified than millions of other people who already have PHDs and Post Docs are even more qualified.
And if she is working on higher education, why isn't she using that same education? It's like a sales man trying to sell you a Honda while he himself drives a BMW.

Again, I ask you, what qualifications does she have outside of being the daughter of a failed leader?
What vote did she win? What vision did she bring?

The end of Kind Nawaz is near, inshallah soon Pakistan will be run by Pakistanis, not political mafia families.

Maryam Nawaz is only active in promoting PML-N's vision. She is NOT participating in the Elections so you cannot judge her popularity and the number of votes she would get. Call it process or not, getting into Cambridge is itself an accomplishment. It takes a lot of brains in also being part of young global economic forum.

For Imran Khan: Kasuris, Makhdooms, Tareens, Zafars, Niazis, Nawabs and elites like Generals are qualities in PTI. We will see in the elections but it should be clear that the addition of dozen ready made families is many times worse than just 1 becoming a 'potential'

Someone like Shahbaz Sharif as CM use to go to work at 4.00 A.M in the morning, visited rural villages, traveled in public transportation systems, rode on motorbikes. I bet there is not a single person in PTI with such quality. Pakistan needs someone who understands majority of population, people who wear shalwar kameez. NOT some party who is stuck in urban areas like Lahore and Karachi claiming to be winners.

Maryam Nawaz is only active in promoting PML-N's vision. She is NOT participating in the Elections so you cannot judge her popularity and the number of votes she would get. Call it process or not, getting into Cambridge is itself an accomplishment. It takes a lot of brains in also being part of young global economic forum.

For Imran Khan: Kasuris, Makhdooms, Tareens, Zafars, Niazis, Nawabs and elites like Generals are qualities in PTI. We will see in the elections but it should be clear that the addition of dozen ready made families is many times worse than just 1 becoming a 'potential'

Someone like Shahbaz Sharif as CM use to go to work at 4.00 A.M in the morning, visited rural villages, traveled in public transportation systems, rode on motorbikes. I bet there is not a single person in PTI with such quality. Pakistan needs someone who understands majority of population, people who wear shalwar kameez. NOT some party who is stuck in urban areas like Lahore and Karachi claiming to be winners.

WHY is she active in "promoting" PML-N's vision?
Actually a better question is, WHAT is their vision? We already know their actions are to fill their bank accounts and keep Zardari in power, but what is the actual vision?
Actually anyone can get into cambrige or oxford, all you have to do is give them money. George Bush also went to Yale even thought he was a C student, because his daddy had alot of money.
We all know that the Sharifs have swiss accounts that are full so no problem with it comes to money.

As for Imran Khan, 80% of the people who got tickets have never been in elections/parliment. So you "argument" fails right there. But if you had any inteligence you would never have said such stupid things to begin with, including bringing up Justin Trudeau, which you seems to have forgetn about after I spanked you ;)

Even a Janitor gets up at 4 am and goes to work, doesn't mean we should vote for a jantior just for that.
And yes, you are correct, not a single person is in PTI who is an inept, short sighted, and corrupt as Shabaz. No one in PTI would spend all of Punjab's budget on a metro bus project, no one in PTI would give away laptops as a gimic, and no one in PTI would have allowed fake medicine! Only Shabaz Sharif is incompetent enough to allow those things :omghaha:

At the end of the day even Sharif's own family has no confidence in the clown brothers so why should we? :rolleyes:

lol first off all who will be PM Shahbaz Sharif or Nawaz Sharif ? decide first

That as media stunt ONCE a traveled in METRO Buss totaly fake which was exposed later by pictures released by PMLN media cell. And once he went on MC somewere. Show these public stunds more once and If i belive u than which sharifs are more 60% eliteforce are protecting ?? which coast nation 40corer each year.

Marryam Nawaz and cambridge is fraud ask her to show evidence. She has never been there.

About party who is stuck in urban areas i guess u mean PTI so thx u are admiting PTI is bigger than NON there and reason is in urban cities most ppl has acces to information and they know now what kind of crooks they are and poor ppl by force are kept as slaves. A good exmpale is PPP in Sindh also PMLn/PPP in south punjab.

Btw PML.N with alliance of PPP won 62 seat in last election. They had 92 seat in parliment with azad umeedwars and reserv seats. Were did those most seats come from ? along GT road were PTI is giving PML.N tough time. So PTI will win most of seats in KP and will dent PMLN big time along GT Road. PTI has good candidates in south punjab. PTI need to do better job in Sindh and Baluchistan but still will get more seats than PML.N according to polls. So were will PML.N gets seats from ??

Back
Top Bottom