What's new

Rio Olympics 2016: Team China News and Images

Chinese coaches are too stubborn. Get with the time. These coaches must go. If you need to bring in foreign coaches, go ahead.

China sucks

in this olympic. Beijing was a fluke. The male athletes are not strong enough to win the best spectator events.

I think China became too complacent. I don't think they anticipated that other countries will try their best to topple China.

You have to constantly keep improving.

I think China became too complacent. I don't think they anticipated that other countries will try their best to topple China.

You have to constantly keep improving.
No I don't think so. I think other countries are using more advanced illegal substances that cannot be detected and Chinese athletes are not using.

Plus in Beijing, host countries tend to do better so I don't think China will repeat the medal standings this time.

Also why is China not using younger athletes? We have young athletes competing in swimming like Penny Oleksiak. She is only 16 years old and doing very well for team Canada!

No I don't think so. I think other countries are using more advanced illegal substances that cannot be detected and Chinese athletes are not using.

Plus in Beijing, host countries tend to do better so I don't think China will repeat the medal standings this time.

Yes, 2008 was due to host country advantage.

China still got 38 gold in 2012 vs 46 for the US.

China should aim for 40-45 golds at every Olympics.

Overall medals aim for 100-110.

China needs to improve in swimming. Can get a ton of medals in swimming. Athletics is tougher as more countries are competing with a lot of depth in each event.

The day China and US are equal in swimming is when America can be beaten on a consistent basis.

That's why the US is so afraid of China in swimming. Every medal China wins in swimming is a medal denied to the US. It's a zero sum scenario.

Last edited:
Yes, 2008 was due to host country advantage.

China still got 38 gold in 2012 vs 46 for the US.

China should aim for 40-45 golds at every Olympics.

Overall medals aim for 100-110.

China needs to improve in swimming. Can get a ton of medals in swimming. Athletics is tougher as more countries are competing with a lot of depth in each event.

The day China and US are equal in swimming is when America can be beaten on a consistent basis.

That's why the US is so afraid of China in swimming. Every medal China wins in swimming is a medal denied to the US. It's a double effect.

Many of our gold medals were blacked out during the London Olympics.

Since then I realized that the Olympic Games were heavily politicized by the US. Due China's overwhelming advantage in 2008, many rules were changed to specifically prevent the Chinese athletes to obtain the gold medals.

Many of our gold medals were blacked out during the London Olympics.

Since then I realized that the Olympic Games were heavily politicized by the US. Due China's overwhelming advantage in 2008, many rules were changed to specifically prevented the Chinese athletes to obtain the gold medals.

Rules are set up to advantage the West.

If the others catchup and start beating the West under those rules, the West changes the rules again.

China must increase its presence in all these sporting bodies to block discriminatory rule changes.

Olympics are basically a political event. All this 'it's about the athletes' are nice pretty words.

It's about showing superiority. Chinese government realises this. That's why they invested heavily in Olympic sports.

Rules are set up to advantage the West.

If the others catchup and start beating the West under those rules, the West changes the rules again.

China must increase its presence in all these sporting bodies to block discriminatory rule changes.

Olympics are basically a political event. All this 'it's about the athletes' are nice pretty words.

It's about showing superiority. Chinese government realises this. That's why they invested heavily in Olympic sports.

The Olympic Games were originated the West, and the US is now the King of the West, so it can rig the rules as much as it wants.

They keep pissing off China and Russia in this kind of discriminatory manner, it will be the right time to start a new sport event just like the AIIB.

China's third gold and a new world record in Men's weight-lifting

Long Qingquan for China now on top with 3 gold and 8 medals in total

:china:

yeah that was incredible lifting from babyfaced Long, made a new total WR to take the gold away from the heavily favorite DPRK Om Yun Chol. This makes Long Qingquan a 2x Olympic Gold medalist!

What does that mean?

in the 2008 Beijing Olympics, China absolutely dominated in Weightlifting and Table Tennis, they practically took all the gold medals. After that, the Olympic committee changed the rules to place a limit to the number of athletes that can compete in events. Instead of having top Chinese weightlifters in all the different weight classes, China can only field a certain number.

Our gold medals were denied by the judges for all sort of excuses.

Especially the Men's Gymnastics rings.

That had to be one of the biggest screw jobs in Olympic history.

The Brazilian gold medal winner fell but got higher points. Chen Yibing gave a near perfect performance without falling and got lower points than the Brazilian that fell. Chen Yibing got only silver. He is considered one of the greats on the rings.

Even some China haters said how did the Brazilian get more points after falling than Chen Yibing.

Judging events are where the screw usually happens.

Olympics is a political event.

in the 2008 Beijing Olympics, China absolutely dominated in Weightlifting and Table Tennis, they practically took all the gold medals. After that, the Olympic committee changed the rules to place a limit to the number of athletes that can compete in events. Instead of having top Chinese weightlifters in all the different weight classes, China can only field a certain number.
Cant you send two weightlifters for every class and the same for table tennis,which would mean gold anyway?

Back
Top Bottom