What's new

Rio Olympics 2016: Team China News and Images

Congrats!
China got a silver on synchronised swimming team
Our girls have made huge congress in recent years
Synchronised team and dual two silver medals!!!

Gold to Russia and Bronze to Japan
View attachment 327268 View attachment 327269 View attachment 327270 View attachment 327271

View attachment 327273 View attachment 327274

I take no stance between Li and Chen!
I support all ethnic Chinese players!

Congrats! Good to see progress in such a short time!

P.S. Bro I know women synchronized swimming is your favourite, mine too!

R u retarded or just misunderstood my post?

Maintain civilized language.

I said, they have made huge progress.

I don't know what you mean by this. But usually it would be taken as progress from the last time in Olympics.

synswim.jpg

This is the medal table from London.

The only "progress" as I understand the word "progress" has been that instead of 1 silver, and 1 bronze; China won 2 silvers. For me that is not huge.

Again, I don't know what you mean by progress, but that is the way most people will understand it.

Congrats! Good to see progress in such a short time!

P.S. Bro I know women synchronized swimming is your favourite, mine too!

O yeah, this sport reflects not only their skills but also their pursuit of aesthetics!
I wouldn't miss any of their performances, both dual and team.

屏幕快照 2016-08-20 02.51.11.jpg
屏幕快照 2016-08-20 02.53.56.png

@Bussard Ramjet If you have no intention to contribute to this thread, pls leave it and go to your indian rio thread.

The liberal media in the west as well as in China has been paddling now for some time that Gold Medals don't mean much etc etc. etc.

I hope you don't fall into their propaganda, and lose total sight of Olympics.

They have been propagating against Chinese sports for some time. There are horrible images doing rounds on the Internet that show young kids crying and being beaten during training in gymnastics.

West propagating against China, come on, of course they do, is that even news? It would be if otherwise. It's their media, never mind.

I would have thought we could get 1,2,3 gold silver and bronze during the last few km
But Gonzales of Mexico was also very strong She was leading the "peloton" about half the way until Liu Hong accelerated in the last 30 meters or so from the finishing line to overtake Gonzales
Yeah what a race High drama until the end

Our athlete from Tibet Qiyang Shijie came 5th in the race walk She will have a great chance of winning a medal 4 years later together with our silver medalist, Lu Xiuzhi and also for Liu to retain her title at 33 years old. Qiyang is 25 and Lu is 22 now

Congratulations to our Men and Women race walk teams:china:
scoring 2 Golds, 1 Silver and 1 Bronze for China

And

Congratulations to our Men's Double Badminton, Fu and Zhang came from behind beating the Malaysian pair 2-1 for the Gold :china:

and:

A silver and a bronze in Women's Boxing

Congrats

A reasonable harvest of medals today despite the heartbreaking loss of SuperDan to arch-rilval Lee Chongwei
Lin Dan played poorly in the second set which let Lee recover and rebuild his poise
Congrats Lee Chongwei for this match BUT definitely
Chen Long for GOLD in the Men's Single Final tomorrow

Go China :china:

In the women's single semi-final yesterday, Li Xuerui suffered a bad injury Later reports said she is giving up the bronze medal match She needs a surgery for the ruptured cruciate ligament
Wish Xuerui a speedy recovery

A big congrats to our women's volleyball team What a marvellous display of guts perseverance courage excellent coaching and ball skills Now all up for the Gold girls The whole nation and all Chinese are behind you

When the m 4*100 m relay race? We may be on top 5, or medal, heaven bless.

If we have a bit of luck I hope we can get a bronze

IMG-20160819-WA0007_zpsrvn4smfc.jpg

Photo credit: @Nan Yang

Let us see if we can get a photo in which the two Badminton Greats exchanged their shirts after the match

china-getty-875.jpg

Fu (L) and Zhang Gold Medalists in Badminton Men's Double

This heroic moment happened in 2012

r

Lee Chong Wei (L) of Malaysia shakes exchanges shirts with Lin Dan of China after retiring injured during the men's singles final match at the All England Badminton Championships in Birmingham, central England March 11, 2012.REUTERS/Darren Staples

Last edited:
China team 2nd in synchronized swimming technical routine
(chinadaily.com.cn) Updated: 2016-08-19

b083fe9fe7851920ebfd15.jpg

Team China competes in the teams technical routine final during the synchronized swimming event at the Maria Lenk Aquatics at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro on August 18, 2016. [Photo/IC]

Russia led with 97.0106 during the synchronized swimming technical routine in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil on August 19. China came in second with 95.6174 points and Japan third with 93.7723. Team medals will be awarded after today's free routine competition.

eca86bd9d5431920fd901d.jpg

b083fe9fe7851920eca216.jpg

d4bed9d53455118fd14602.jpg

131777600_31n.jpg

Mossely takes women's lightweight gold for France; China's Yin wins silver
(Agencies)Updated: 2016-08-20 03:56
CommentsPrintMailLargeMediumSmall

180373daf1a91921aa3118.jpg

Yin Junhua of China and Estelle Mossely of France compete in the women's Olympic lightweight boxing final on Friday. [Photo/Agencies]

RIO DE JANEIRO - France's Estelle Mossely celebrated her 24th birthday on Friday by winning the women's Olympic lightweight boxing gold medal after boyfriend Tony Yoka had reached the super-heavyweight final.

China's Yin Junhua, beaten 2-1 on a split decision, took silver for China's first medal of the boxing competition.

Losing semi-finalists Mira Potkonen of Finland and Anastasia Belyakova of Russia took bronze medals.

Congrat Lee Choong Wei. Let take the gold medal for Malaysia.

We are 4th best ahead of Britian.and Brazil in the Men's 4 x 100m race
USA and Trindad n Tobago = DISQUALIFIED
YOU ARE CAUGHT and DISQUALIFIED again!No appeal this time!

Liu-Hong.jpg

Women's 20 km race walk Liu Hong (L) gold medalist and compatriot Lu Xiuzhi took a bronze

China's Liu Hong won women's 20km walk final on Friday, fending off Mexico’s Maria Guadalupe Gonzalez in a thrilling final kilometer dash to the finish line to snatch gold.

World champion Liu was touted as the hot favorite heading into the Rio Games and she lived up to the billing, powering away from Gonzalez as the finish line came into sight to win in 1:28:35.

Gonzalez entered the final kilometer in the lead but she was powerless to stop Liu's late onslaught on a hot and humid day, crossing the line 0.02 seconds behind the 29-year-old world record holder.

"It was hard because the weather wasn't that good. The only thing I could do was keep going, do my best and try to make it perfect," Liu told reporters.

"(Winning gold) means a lot to me. I have been doing this sport for more than 10 years now."

Gonzalez's victory made her only the second woman ever to win a medal in athletics for Mexico and brought the Latin American nation its first medal at the Rio Games.

China's Lu Xiuzhi, who won silver at last year's world championships, had to settle for bronze.

Russia's London Games Olympic champion Elena Lashmanova, who was handed a two-year doping ban in 2014, did not defend her crown in Rio, where the entire Russian team athletics was prevented from competing due to doping concerns.

(Reporting by Drazen Jorgic; Editing by Meredith Mazzilli)

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-olympics-rio-athletics-w-walk-idUSKCN10U1ZF

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom