What's new

Rimsha case: Imam masjid, Khalid Jadoon held

I dont know about you..but i have lived pakistan long enough,and never seen lynch mobs burning christians or muslims for blasphemy....
These so called 'coencerned world' is a meticulous plan to get rid of muslims by attacking their core .

Perhaps you had better have a word with Brigadier Simon Sharaf, before offering such confident opinions on this subject. He is a respected member of Imran Khan's party, and you will probably trust his word before mine. It is better that you consult him.

I dont know about you..but i have lived pakistan long enough,and never seen lynch mobs burning christians or muslims for blasphemy....
These so called 'coencerned world' is a meticulous plan to get rid of muslims by attacking their core .
Can you give me statistics about how many judges survived after acquitting a person accused of blasphemy of al charges and how many person who were accused of blasphemy survived after they were acquitted by the courts.

From your afghan high chair,you should be more concerned about law situation in Afghanustan,which has never been peaceful and never will be.

You know what, bigotry in your country directly affects my country, that is why i am concerned about what happens in that corner of the world. You guys are strange, you discus issues of Afghanistan endlessly, but whenever i put any comment about Pakistan, YOU GUYS jump and tell me not to bother with it. It is purely childish from your side.

I don't think thats true. What about Aasia Bibi? Isn't she serving jail term?

But then again, atleast the Blasphemy Law is fair, as in even Muslims have been sentenced under this law (not just minorities).

Apologies, i meant prosecuted and punished by law.

Its illegal in Pakistan to burn Quran,there is nothing rabid dog about it..
Although i agree that the girld should have been let off with a warning,instead of a full fledged arrest..
I was surprised at her arrest...

why is is illegal to burn Quran cause if i am not wrong one of the legals ways to dispose of Quran that is shaheed is to burn it !!!!!!!!!!

why is is illegal to burn Quran cause if i am not wrong one of the legals ways to dispose of Quran that is shaheed is to burn it !!!!!!!!!!

Legal only if a muslim burns it
IT its non muslim....he too has to burn

Madrases are sources of trouble, if they are run by troublemakers. You will be surprised at what happens in madrassas in our state. Very pleasantly surprised.

Israeli method is better than madrassas..

They have jew schools, arab achool and Xian school...where everything that is taught is same except ...the religion stuff and history...Arabs have their side too ..and Quran classes

Madrassass are dead horse...they arent comparable to present day schools which itself is evolving ....

Why there is no punishment if blasphemy is done against other religions?

You know what, bigotry in your country directly affects my country, that is why i am concerned about what happens in that corner of the world. You guys are strange, you discus issues of Afghanistan endlessly, but whenever i put any comment about Pakistan, YOU GUYS jump and tell me not to bother with it. It is purely childish from your side.

:lol: You got me there...
Ok i have to take my words back..Happens sometimes...

Pakistan 'Koran plot' imam remanded in blasphemy case

There was a heavy police presence as Khalid Chishti was lead into court
Continue reading the main story
Related Stories

Q&A: Pakistan's blasphemy laws
Rights activist on girl's 'trauma'
A Pakistani imam has been remanded in custody, accused of planting pages of the Koran among burnt pages in the bag of a Christian girl held for blasphemy.

The girl was detained two weeks ago near the capital Islamabad after an angry mob demanded she be punished.

Prosecutors say Imam Khalid Chishti will himself face charges of blasphemy.

The girl, named as Rimsha, is said to be about 14 and to have learning difficulties.

Imam Khalid Chishti allegedly told a witness, after tampering with the girl's bag, that this was a "way of getting rid of Christians", a prosecutor said.

The case has sparked international condemnation.

Earlier this week, a court extended Rimsha's detention at a maximum-security prison by a further two weeks.

Her father has said he fears for his daughter's life and for the safety of his family. He has called on Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari to pardon her.

Rimsha's parents have been taken into protective custody following threats, and many other Christian families have fled the neighbourhood.

Pakistan's strict blasphemy laws are often used to settle personal vendettas, correspondents say.

Last year two leading politicians were assassinated after speaking out against the legislation.

'Proven conspiracy'
Imam Chishti appeared in the Islamabad court with a white blindfold and shackled hands.

There was a large police presence as he was ushered into the building.

"The imam was arrested after his deputy Maulvi Zubair and two others told a magistrate he added pages from the Koran to the burnt pages brought to him by a witness," an investigator Munir Hussain Jaffri said.

He said Mr Zubair and some others had told the imam not to interfere, urging him to "give the evidence to the police as he got it".

According to Mr Jaffri, Imam Chishti had told them: "You know this is the only way to expel the Christians from this area."

The investigator said the cleric had been arrested at his home on Saturday under Pakistan's blasphemy law.

"By putting these pages in the ashes he also committed desecration of the Holy Koran and he is being charged with blasphemy," he said.

The girl's lawyer told AFP news agency that Rimsha "should be acquitted immediately", as it had been "fully proven that it was a conspiracy".

BBC News - Pakistan 'Koran plot' imam remanded in blasphemy case

How can call one self a servant of God when he does such inhuman, cunning and down right hypocritical acts?

I hope he is given a lengthy sentence to allow him the time to deliberate over his actions and hopefully find his humanity that has been lost in a thick fog of bigotry and fanaticism.

It also bring into question the claim that religious extremists are a tiny minority when the majority ganged up against the minority community knowing that mulla's evil plan well.

It also bring into question the claim that religious extremists are a tiny minority when the majority ganged up against the minority community knowing that mulla's evil plan well.

We are talking about a small rural community here, in the rural scene, Mullah and Chaudhary are the centres of power. People will follow the mullah because they aren't too well educated and trust his judgement, after all he is supposed to be the beacon of piety and goodness. It's another matter if the mullah himself is an a$$.

We are talking about a small rural community here, in the rural scene, Mullah and Chaudhary are the centres of power. People will follow the mullah because they aren't too well educated and trust his judgement, after all he is supposed to be the beacon of piety and goodness. It's another matter if the mullah himself is an a$$.

well at least this incident will bring about some change in them.

Back
Top Bottom