What's new

Right at the Edge - The Shifting Sands of the US-Pak WoT

For a top newspaper like the NY times, this is quite an article!!! Considerable research might have gone into this news subject, they dont publish things just like that!!!

The article is largely interesting, but it is important to note that it also includes the opinions of the author.

This isn't the gospel.

Also, the entire article is interesting, not just the excerpts apparently deliberately chosen by the thread starter for their inflammatory content, so I am reducing the first post to just a link.

What absolute crap this is. Pakistan lost all wars yeah right look whos saying it a country who has lost terribly in vietnam, terribly failed in both Afghanistan and Iraq and now could not find any scape goat other then to shift all blame on to Pakistan. By the way when did we lost all three wars other then 71 or did i miss something out:woot:

As for the article and its purpose of being posted here is nothing short of Bashing Pakistan. That is why only Indians could find such articles and post it here. I wonder what the mods are doing these days.:disagree:

What absolute crap this is. Pakistan lost all wars yeah right look whos saying it a country who has lost terribly in vietnam, terribly failed in both Afghanistan and Iraq and now could not find any scape goat other then to shift all blame on to Pakistan. By the way when did we lost all three wars other then 71 or did i miss something out:woot:

As for the article and its purpose of being posted here is nothing short of Bashing Pakistan. That is why only Indians could find such articles and post it here. I wonder what the mods are doing these days.:disagree:

Well normally we judge an article by its source and its author, so unless you consider NYT to be Zionist Propaganda, it is quite a respectable publication.

About the author (Frm Wikipedia)

Dexter Price Filkins (born c. 1961) is an American journalist who reports for The New York Times Magazine. He has been reporting from Iraq since 2004. His reporting from Afghanistan won him a Pulitzer Prize nomination in 2002.

Prior to joining The New York Times in October, 2000, Filkins was New Delhi bureau chief for the Los Angeles Times for three years.

Filkins received the 2004 George Polk Award for War Reporting given annually by Long Island University to honor contributions to journalistic integrity and investigative reporting.[1]

In 2006-07, Filkins was at Harvard University on a Nieman Fellowship.

Filkins' book, The Forever War, is about his experiences in Afghanistan and Iraq. It will be published September 16, 2008

Well normally we judge an article by its source and its author, so unless you consider NYT to be Zionist Propaganda, it is quite a respectable publication.

About the author (Frm Wikipedia)

Dexter Price Filkins (born c. 1961) is an American journalist who reports for The New York Times Magazine. He has been reporting from Iraq since 2004. His reporting from Afghanistan won him a Pulitzer Prize nomination in 2002.

Prior to joining The New York Times in October, 2000, Filkins was New Delhi bureau chief for the Los Angeles Times for three years.

Filkins received the 2004 George Polk Award for War Reporting given annually by Long Island University to honor contributions to journalistic integrity and investigative reporting.[1]

In 2006-07, Filkins was at Harvard University on a Nieman Fellowship.

Filkins' book, The Forever War, is about his experiences in Afghanistan and Iraq. It will be published September 16, 2008

Yeah yeah! like you judged the article about Pakistani nukes falling in the wrong hand. Right

What's up with you? Did you even read my posts?

The problem with me is your attitude which by the way sucks. I can expect this nonsense from members like Logic note but you are a senior member here and you know this is all nonsense still yet you are defending it.

Well whats new with NYtimes, Washington post, telegraph or even Economist, Wallstreet journal. All of these are carrying hate and biase stuff against Muslims.
In case of Pakistan well their propaganda BS is not new.

By now we should even not blink over such stuff from the above :)
we are so used to these BSs

Well whats new with NYtimes, Washington post, telegraph or even Economist, Wallstreet journal. All of these are carrying hate and biase stuff against Muslims.
In case of Pakistan well their propaganda BS is not new.

By now we should even not blink over such stuff from the above :)
we are so used to these BSs

Exactly but Indians like to keep coming up with such articles to back them up. Western media is full of it and wouldnt take long to search and there you go, articles over articles against Pakistan's nuclear programe.

The problem with me is your attitude which by the way sucks. I can expect this nonsense from members like Logic note but you are a senior member here and you know this is all nonsense still yet you are defending it.

Actually I agree with quite a lot of what is written in the article, and I have said those things myself on this forum from time to time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom