What's new

Revisiting India’s nuclear doctrine

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this issue. For far too long have we tried to 'act' responsible even though it hasn't been in our best interests. No harm in showing a bit of balls in our policy formulation and reviews at least.

What purpose would it serve? - other than needlessly raising a number of eyeballs.

We have the nukes - we have the delivery systems - no one questions us about our nukes or about our intentions - no one questions us about our endeavour in increasing our nuke delivery capability. We get to buy uranium from anywhere around the world. We have no restrictions on the number of nuclear facilities or nuclear plants we put up.

So why upset the apple cart at all?

The harm is more indirect than direct. Nukes are a touchy subject that draws out extreme reactions from various quarters, countries, media, think tanks and policy makers. We have managed and kept it under wraps since it began, no one knows how many we have or what is its capabilities other than what our policy dictates - that any nuke attack will provoke a massive retaliation.

Lets keep our nukes in the background rather than throwing it on the table everytime - as one country in our neighbourhood always does.

I support the review of nfu policy.. Tell me what is the use of such policies.. Neighborhood countries threaten us time to time that they will nuke us .. This is our tactical wepon and so on.. They never considered anything or any responsibilities .. They see Hindus as enemies.. They don't have any respect or value of Indian lives .. Then why should we keep such policies in our war doctrine.. We should be aggressive enough to save our country.

The harm is more indirect than direct. Nukes are a touchy subject that draws out extreme reactions from various quarters, countries, media, think tanks and policy makers. We have managed and kept it under wraps since it began, no one knows how many we have or what is its capabilities other than what our policy dictates - that any nuke attack will provoke a massive retaliation.

Lets keep our nukes in the background rather than throwing it on the table everytime - as one country in our neighbourhood always does.

What purpose would it serve? - other than needlessly raising a number of eyeballs.

We have the nukes - we have the delivery systems - no one questions us about our nukes or about our intentions - no one questions us about our endeavour in increasing our nuke delivery capability. We get to buy uranium from anywhere around the world. We have no restrictions on the number of nuclear facilities or nuclear plants we put up.

So why upset the apple cart at all?
Refer to post # 4 for my reasoning.

I support the review of nfu policy.. Tell me what is the use of such policies.. Neighborhood countries threaten us time to time that they will nuke us .. This is our tactical wepon and so on.. They never considered anything or any responsibilities .. They see Hindus as enemies.. They don't have any or value of Indian lives .. Then why should we keep such policies in our war doctrine.. We should be aggressive enough to save our country.

Threatening someone with nukes is a good thing?

No wonder no one takes them seriously anymore.

So why upset the apple cart at all?[/quot

In other words you are telling to our country fellows not to count Indian lives.. Just because we are having free hands on uranium..?? I think the other way around.. We should devolope ourselves be a strong nation that nobody can oppose our decisions.. We have to think first to create a good and powerfulfull nation. Not by acting like fools.

In other words you are telling to our country fellows not to count Indian lives.. Just because we are having free hands on uranium..?? I think the other way around.. We should devolope ourselves be a strong nation that nobody can oppose our decisions.. We have to think first to create a good and powerfulfull nation. Not by acting like fools.

Threatening someone with nukes is a good thing?

No wonder no one takes them seriously anymore.
io

I never said that we should threaten any body with our nukes.. But our policies must make it clear that any fantacies with the security of India won't be tolerated.

io

I never said that we should threaten any body with our nukes.. But our policies must make it clear that any fantacies with the security of India won't be tolerated.

Policies are not watertight or bound by any strict code, during war a number of policies get changed. Our NFU is more pointed towards non nuclear countries. We do have a NFU in place but that does not mean that if we find a threat of being under nuclear attack we wouldn't launch first.

My point is why emphasise on a change in policy now when it does not bring any benefits...of course it's my personal opinion.

@Indischer

Policies are not watertight or bound by any strict code, during war a number of policies get changed. Our NFU is more pointed towards non nuclear countries. We do have a NFU in place but that does not mean that if we find a threat of being under nuclear attack we wouldn't launch first.

My point is why emphasise on a change in policy now when it does not bring any benefits...of course it's my personal opinion.

@Indischer

I can support your views but in normal conditions.. India's don't have great relationships with neighbors.... And I personally think that we should be absolutely clear about India's security and the lives of our countrymen. Such policies create unnecessary discussions and thoughts.. Even US don't have no first use policy.. Even though they have the most capable military.. I repeat its not for threatening anybody but for our own protection protection and making it clear that we will not tolerate any fantasies.

Back
Top Bottom