What's new

Revealed: Which NATO members are falling short on military spending?

We're spending 1.54% of our GDP on defense, aided by an extra 526 million USD which is a 9.8% increase over the 2015 budget.

Our defense budget is 6 billion USD.

There was no mention in Norway’s new budget of the outlooks for defense spending in the short or long terms. In the 2016 budget, however, $1.5 billion would be destined for equipment purchases, while more than $390 million would be earmarked for infrastructure projects. Key aspects of the budget centered on the deployment of submarines, the purchase of F-35 aircraft and the strengthening of intelligence capabilities.

View attachment 300847

http://www.ibtimes.com/amid-russia-fears-norway-increase-military-budget-6b-2016-2135763

That's OK little Norwegian clay. Just let your big Nordic brothers help you.

IMG_7612.jpg

_Z0A1357.JPG

IMG_8447.JPG

IMG_7723.jpg

IAM2014_0767_formation.jpg

Which type of submarines is in service with Norwagian navy?

By the way I can understand iceland, they are too small to have a real army or defence budget, good to leave other Scandinavian countries protect them.
Sometimes being so small/weak helps, since iceland did win their.island dispute with Britain.:D

The 40years cod wars indeed.:partay:

Too small and insignificant. :p:

Italy and spain and to a lesser extent Portugal are not really that small/insignificant. :D:P

Europoors :rofl: u make these yourself right?

I didn't make It, no:(. But I think @Technogaianist made it. She's were I got it from.

Which type of submarines is in service with Norwagian navy?

Ula Klasse. The six are to be replaced by 2025 by an as of yet unknown type. We're explore options from ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems of Germany and DCNS of France.

20110308th_098.jpg

Foto_Cedric_Artigues_UTSRIA.jpg

20120921th_%204896.jpg

20151210OST_6348.jpg

20151210OST_6335.jpg

First nation to allow women on submarines:D.
20151210OST_6343.jpg

Ula replaced the Kobben Class.

arkiv_1998__320_document.jpg

arkiv_1998__2369_document.jpg

This isn't a surprise considering the pathetic economic state of many NATO "members", or should I say hanger ons....

I didn't make It, no:(. But I think @Technogaianist made it. She's were I got it from.

Ula Klasse. The six are to be replaced by 2025 by an as of yet unknown type. We're explore options from ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems of Germany and DCNS of France.

20110308th_098.jpg

Foto_Cedric_Artigues_UTSRIA.jpg

20120921th_%204896.jpg

20151210OST_6348.jpg

20151210OST_6335.jpg

First nation to allow women on submarines:D.
20151210OST_6343.jpg

Ula replaced the Kobben Class.

arkiv_1998__320_document.jpg

arkiv_1998__2369_document.jpg

Norway. :smitten:

Maybe they are planning to take Constantinople back. :D
Never understood that. Greece is obviously on the side of Cyprus but they don't have any direct territorial disputes with Turkey.

Maybe they are planning to take Constantinople back. :D
Nah, i remember reading something like that Greece needs the high military spending to counter a Turkish offensive when there was a debate how Greece could spend so much on military while getting loan from EU.

Never understood that. Greece is obviously on the side of Cyprus but they don't have any direct territorial disputes with Turkey.
Aegean dispute, Greece wants Turkey to accept 12 nmi territory while Turkey only accepts 6 nmi because otherwise Greece would be able to cut off Turkish Black sea from Mediterranian.

432px-Aegean_6_nm.svg.png

432px-Aegean_12_nm.svg.png

We have many disputes with them in the Aegean.

The Breadth of Territorial Waters
The Delimitation of the Aegean Continental Shelf
Militarization of Eastern Aegean Islands Contrary tp the Provisions of International Agreements
Air Space Related Related Problems
Islands, Islets And Rocks in the Aegean Which Were Not Ceded To Greece By International Treaties
The Kardak Dispute
Search and Rescue Regions in the Aegean

Nah, i remember reading something like that Greece needs the high military spending to counter a Turkish offensive when there was a debate how Greece could spend so much on military while getting loan from EU.
Yeah, i know but they keep dreaming on. :)

That's the reason why we call them Gayreeks....they always want some more. :lol:

Huh....but we are not an eastern European country, yet we still Meet our defence obligations.

Defence sham: Britain’s commitment to spend 2% on defence is an ‘accountancy trick’

THE UK will be able to keep to its commitment to spend two per cent of its national income on defence only because of accountancy tricks, it was claimed today.

Chancellor George Osborne has made "significant changes" to the way Britain calculates its military budget to reach the NATO target, according to a Royal United Services Institute (RUSI) report.

For the first time the budget now will take into account war pensions, contributions to the UN peacekeeping missions, payouts to retired civil servants and Ministry of Defence income.

But Professor Malcolm Chalmers, director of UK defence policy at the defence and security think thank RUSI, said the new spending definition could undermine the credibility of Nato's target.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/59...ing-Nato-2-per-cent-Chancellor-George-Obsorne

:lol:

British-military-defence-spending-322950.jpg

Last edited:

Have you ever visited Glorious West-Sweden, Waz? It's real nice in the Summer, only about 10 c average, and all the Norwegies shed their winter coats for something more, um, natural:D.

Summer-in-Norway.jpg

If you've been, where'd you go?

Have you ever visited Glorious West-Sweden, Waz? It's real nice in the Summer, only about 10 c average, and all the Norwegies shed their winter coats for something more, um, natural:D.

Summer-in-Norway.jpg

If you've been, where'd you go?

Waah, looks spectacular hun. I have only been to Oslo, and I was told over and over again to visit the Forde by my Norwegian colleagues. Sadly I was with the British Council so i had to attend to educational matters.
As for shedding the winter coats oh huh, you mean you go there and just get swamped by millions of Norwegian women in bikinis!

Defence sham: Britain’s commitment to spend 2% on defence is an ‘accountancy trick’

THE UK will be able to keep to its commitment to spend two per cent of its national income on defence only because of accountancy tricks, it was claimed today.

Chancellor George Osborne has made "significant changes" to the way Britain calculates its military budget to reach the NATO target, according to a Royal United Services Institute (RUSI) report.

For the first time the budget now will take into account war pensions, contributions to the UN peacekeeping missions, payouts to retired civil servants and Ministry of Defence income.

But Professor Malcolm Chalmers, director of UK defence policy at the defence and security think thank RUSI, said the new spending definition could undermine the credibility of Nato's target.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/59...ing-Nato-2-per-cent-Chancellor-George-Obsorne

:lol:

British-military-defence-spending-322950.jpg

It's Gideon the moron.

Back
Top Bottom