What's new

"Resistance 2.0." - Battle for Panjshir begins - Taliban claims victory

Beyond Afghanistan, Pakistani interests don’t conflict with US interests. Ultimately, had the US started inter-Afghan negotiations in 2001/2002, Pakistan would probably had been the greatest supporter, as the impetus was there, as was Pakistan’s efforts to reconcile the Mujahideen factions after the Soviet withdrawal, before there was a Taliban. As PM Khan said, the US messed things up, especially in allowing Indians to send forces against Pakistan from Afghan soil.

Right here is what I am saying too. There needs to be a diplomatic effort to the US through some polished and credentialized diplomats outlining similarities in interests to the USG, so to preemtp any further rift in relations......

They have these since they seized plenty of stuff around the country.. I don't see anything significiant a helicopter could drop will change Panjshir's situation nor do I believe any helicopter will attempt to enter here
Air drop via C-17s or C-130s or IL-76s, out of Tajikistan.

So what's the latest, are the new NA putting on a good fight ? What kind of support do they have from Tajikistan, do they have air support ?

Page#28 i m also looking for the same info. Would have been nice if there were embedded journos that would televise it live

Right here is what I am saying too. There needs to be a diplomatic effort to the US through some polished and credentialized diplomats outlining similarities in interests to the USG, so to preemtp any further rift in relations......
Maybe Joann Herring could bring the older Republicans down memory lane once again. She was Pakistan’s Ambassador at large in the 80s. :-)

but seriously, Lindsey Graham is probably the best Republican to reach out to. He seems like he gets Pakistan’s predicament, to some degree.

Also, I agree a Pakistani diplomatic team needs to be assembled to explain our case.

Air drop via C-17s or C-130s or IL-76s, out of Tajikistan.
Not viable.. It is narrow valley and once IEA begin offensive you are just gonna end up throwing them the airdrop plus I don't think Tajikistan wants this it could invite attacks on herself. It will clearly stay out of this and even denied all reports of helicopter landing

Not viable.. It is narrow valley and once IEA begin offensive you are just gonna end up throwing them the airdrop plus I don't think Tajikistan wants this it could invite attacks on herself. It will clearly stay out of this and even denied all reports of helicopter landing

Panjshir is not that small, its defiantly a narrow valley, but it’s possible, don’t underestimate the risk, account for it.

Mountain warfare is probably the only realistic way to take it by force. Over the peaks on all sides, and with large numbers. But leaves mountain troops vulnerable if there is an air attack, hence the needs for the Talibs to have an Air Force and air superiority over the battlefield before a major assault. An Air Force and unrestricted air control would only come once foreigners leave.

Last edited:
Panjshir is not that small, it’s possible, don’t underestimate the risk, account for it.

Once they are storm from 4 directions IEA will be inside the valley everywhere and throwing anything is just not viable at that point logistically unless you have a helicopter but than again you will be brought down with a helicopter even sending anything down is fruitless in this context once they are stormed but on a serious note we won't be seeing that at all..

Last edited:
Once they are storm from 4 directions IEA will be inside the valley everywhere and throwing anything is just not viable at that point logistically unless you have a helicopter but than again you will be brought down with a helicopter even sending anything down is fruitless in this context once they are stormed but on a serious note we won't be seeing that at all..

This is the video of the Kurds shooting down a Turkish cobra in northern Syria or Iraq right?

Lol there is already happening alot of deserting in Panjshir.. All these guys have realized the music and know where it is heading they left with their lives while they can

They were both there in Panjshir but mysteriously disappeared when the pressure mounted on the valley

Last edited:
Taliban should also send ManPads to their troops on hills surrounding Panjshir to bring down supply helicopters coming from Tajikistan.
No other country is involved and no one in their right mind wants to get involved unless they want Taliban to carry out suicide attacks in their capitals.

So, let's stay away from this as much as possible hence Pakistan has increased completing the construction of the border fence.

All of Afghanistan's neighbours hope for Afghan political stability and increase in economic activity.

I've found this channel on YouTube that posts mostly pro Taliban videos. It's a bit slow so would appreciate if anyone can guide me to a better reporter. Wrt panjshir

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom