What's new

Report: Egypt's army planning to attack targets in Gaza

Falcon29

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Report: Egypt's army planning to attack targets in Gaza | JPost | Israel News

The Egyptian army has planned military attacks on specific targets in the Gaza Strip in the event that the security situation in the northern Sinai peninsula deteriorates, a senior Egyptian security official told the Ma'an news agency.

The source said that Egyptian reconnaissance planes had photographed the potential targets.

The plan to attack targets in Gaza is based on the Egyptian assessment that some of the attacks in the northern Sinai, especially in El Arish and in Rafah were carried out by armed Palestinians based in Gaza.

The security source said that the Egyptian Army is specifically targeting the extremist groups in Gaza who are regarded as hostile and it does not view the entire population there in this way.

The recent attack on the intelligence center in Rafah was carried out by the extremist Gaza groups, the source told Ma'an.

Last week Egypt opened the Rafah crossing, its main border with the Gaza Strip after it was closed for a week and-a-half

The terminal had been closed most of the time since the ouster of former Egyptian president Mohamed Morsi on July 3 due to the Egyptian accusation leveled against Hamas of its involvement in terrorist attacks against Egyptian soldiers in Sinai – an allegation the Islamist movement has vehemently denied.

Egypt recently warned of a military response if Hamas or other Palestinian groups try to violate Egyptian security in Sinai.

:no::rofl::disagree:

Hamas should Stop messing with Egypt . I don't understand why hamas wants to make another enemy in the region ??

Any ideas ??

Hamas should Stop messing with Egypt . I don't understand why hamas wants to make another enemy in the region ??

Any ideas ??

Hamas isn't messing with Egypt, you've been misinformed by this propaganda campaign lately. The Sinai is a mixture of tribal and armed groups who are upset with the government because they have been largely ignored as citizens for a while now.

Egypt got surprised those groups would attack Egyptian military installations after they came to crackdown on those groups, so they try to divert the situation in the media by claiming it isn't Egyptian military on Egyptian violence and want to put all eyes on Gaza.

It's a cheap and sick tactic, if they go ahead with attacking an enclave that they blockade and siege along with Israel they will regret it.

Gaza health ministry: One third of basic medicines no longer available

Spokesperson of the Palestinian health ministry in Gaza Ashraf Al-Qedra has said that the health sector is facing a crisis as basic medicines are starting to run out.

"The severe Israeli blockade on the Gaza Strip, which has been imposed for seven years, targets human medical services," he said.

"The closure of the Rafah Crossing has multiplied the deterioration of our situation."
Al-Qedra said that the Rafah Crossing is the minor, or what "could be called alternative", passage because delegations that bring medicines and food usually pass through it.

According to Al-Qedra, the closure of the Rafah Crossing has raised many problems, including gradual decreases in the ministry's stockpile of medicines. He explained that previous shortages of medicines due to the blockade were compensated via the Rafah Crossing.

Egypt and Israel's leadership is composed of monsters who whenever they feel like they need to divert attention or gain during elections time decide to attack an little strip of land that they both siege resulting in humanitarian crisis's.

This could Sisi's attempt to make a final move and try entering the political arena. It could mean many things. It certainly is not related to Egypt's national security as the government is at fault for giving the tribal groups no other option other than to rebel and facilitate their own economy to meet their financial needs.

But, as usual, these pathetic countries even when facing a militant group always lose in their pathetic attempts. No matter how many nations from the west are standing behind them. God gives them victory. We saw how Hamas humiliated Israel in the last massive operation Netanyahu ordered to divert from the protests in Tel aviv and to secure an election victory. Egypt would be stupid do try such a thing.

The Palestinians should have never betrayed Syria..............Syria was their one true friend in the middle east.........now they are left alone......and Egypt and Israel will have their way with them..........Its sad really.........those innocent people need better leaders.........

The Palestinians should have never betrayed Syria..............Syria was their one true friend in the middle east.........now they are left alone......and Egypt and Israel will have their way with them..........Its sad really.........those innocent people need better leaders.........

Palestinians didn't betray Syria, no one really knows what Syria is these days...I mean really, who's in control of what? You really believe there will be a similar Syria? It's gone now.

Palestinians were always left alone and learned to be self dependent. They are the only people's who go up against the top military power in the region consistently.

This has nothing to do with Syria though.

Good, When is action starting?? Every terrorist around globe should be bombed to death.

Yes.......unfortunately they did.......and yesmI do know.....Syria is winning the war against the wahabi mercenaries........it wont be long now......and to say Syria and Hezballah have left the Palestinians alone.......this means you dont know what you are speaking about..............

Before Palestine had Hezballah and Syria and Iran........for rockets......missiles......money.......training........and safe haven.........now they have their new friends qatar, sowdi, israel and egypt.......let me know in a year or two how that has worked out for you...........

I truly feel bad for the inocents......they deserve better leaders...........good day sir........

Palestinians didn't betray Syria, no one really knows what Syria is these days...I mean really, who's in control of what? You really believe there will be a similar Syria? It's gone now.

Palestinians were always left alone and learned to be self dependent. They are the only people's who go up against the top military power in the region consistently.

This has nothing to do with Syria though.

Then kill even more, are we short of ammos ?? Just blow them up before they blow up themselves.

As a Muslim i would go for peace talks first. It is your problem if you do operation against them.
Don't you see how much money America has spent on Afghanistan war. Have their army achieved what they desired?

As a Muslim i would go for peace talks first. It is your problem if you do operation against them.
Don't you see how much money America has spent on Afghanistan war. Have their army achieved what they desired?

As a Indian, I won't like to hold any talks with armed outfits.I think your government has tried your line with Taliban 9 times and at all occasions they followed the talks with more explosions.

As far as objective achieved by US is concerned , I think they achieved it during Abootabad raid.That was their sole objective, but while doing so they decimated Taliban to such an extent that taliban turned on their own handlers.

Since you are Pakistani muslim, I can understand your sympathies for your ummah bretherns.

Yes.......unfortunately they did.......and yesmI do know.....Syria is winning the war against the wahabi mercenaries........it wont be long now......and to say Syria and Hezballah have left the Palestinians alone.......this means you dont know what you are speaking about..............

Before Palestine had Hezballah and Syria and Iran........for rockets......missiles......money.......training........and safe haven.........now they have their new friends qatar, sowdi, israel and egypt.......let me know in a year or two how that has worked out for you...........

I truly feel bad for the inocents......they deserve better leaders...........good day sir........

Hezbollah, Iran and Hamas are still allied and increased cooperation. Syria can't be involved anymore since it isn't in a situation to involve itself.

Btw, are you anti-israel?

Peace talks with what? Egypt isn't justified in bombing Gaza of the domestic violence going on their country. Don't actually believe anything they say. When you see the Sinai for yourself you'd know what I mean.

As a Indian, I won't like to hold any talks with armed outfits.I think your government has tried your line with Taliban 9 times and at all occasions they followed the talks with more explosions.

As far as objective achieved by US is concerned , I think they achieved it during Abootabad raid.That was their sole objective, but while doing so they decimated Taliban to such an extent that taliban turned on their own handlers.

Since you are Pakistani muslim, I can understand your sympathies for your ummah bretherns.

What brought up the Taliban? You seem very misinformed on this topic. Take a hike.

Then kill even more, are we short of ammos ?? Just blow them up before they blow up themselves.

This would lead to either genocide, or a never ending war. Violence is not always the answer.

This comment defies all logic. It is so bad, I don't know where to begin dissecting it.

There are still ties.......but not like before.......some economic and logistic ties.......nothing else........hamas betrayed its brothers and fled to qatar.......they only came crying back when qatar told them to pound sand.............dont fool yourself imto thinking things will ever be the same.....Iran and Hezballah feel it is their duty to help the Palestinian people until Al Quds is free.........but they know hamas are traitors..........Hezballah learned first hand when they fought briefly in Syria............the same tactics they taught to hamas to fight Israel..........hamas taught to the wahabi rats to fight Hezballah and the SAA.............that will never be forgotten friend..........and Hezballah and the IRGC wont make the same mistakes twice.........

As i said......the Palestinians deserve better leaders.........

Hezbollah, Iran and Hamas are still allied and increased cooperation. Syria can't be involved anymore since it isn't in a situation to involve itself.

Btw, are you anti-israel?

Peace talks with what? Egypt isn't justified in bombing Gaza of the domestic violence going on their country. Don't actually believe anything they say. When you see the Sinai for yourself you'd know what I mean.

What brought up the Taliban? You seem very misinformed on this topic. Take a hike.

Back
Top Bottom