What's new

Replacement of Pakistan Army's G-3 Rifles.

which?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Darra Maal is unreliable, inaccurate and has a tendency of blowing up in your face. Not my favourite attributes when looking for a rifle.

not necessarily sir- that happens when the parts are made in darra too, however the case I have mentioned is original barrel was used and so did the trigger action and other parts.
nowadays factories in Peshawer are converting orginal AK47s to 5.56 by putting in the barrel from m4 / m249. and its pretty reliable.

other than these you are right, i would not be standing closer to anyone firing that 7mm, 8mm converted ak

Dara has the skill, i have a dara pistol copy of italian weapon, but you cannot make it out until you see "Made in Pakistan" written on it. It is made of an alloy and does't erode. It is with me since last 20 years and even if i forget oiling, it does not get rusty. It is designed in such a way that while firing there is no recoil. So I would say that we have the talent, refinement should not be a problem. It will also help in controlling illegal arms, as weapon production will come under scrutiny and regulation.
Development of an Industry

Few years ago the clone was being sold at 20k... as for developing an industry i wonder what happened to the legally registered Dara arms factory,Siddiqsons Limited,Khyber arms company etc etc?

Legally registered guns from Darra Arms Factory, on display at IDEAS 2012:
2012-12-14171613.jpg

Note the Pakistani M92 and AR14 Clones.

Sir any info on it?

Here is an AGL by DSA:

348k8yg.jpg

Given a chance n govt support local arms companies can do wonders!
@Icarus @balixd @Aeronaut

Last edited by a moderator:
Few years ago the clone was being sold at 20k... as for developing an industry i wonder what happened to the legally registered Dara arms factory,Siddiqsons Limited,Khyber arms company etc etc?

Sir any info on it?

Here is an AGL by DSA:

348k8yg.jpg

Given a chance n govt support local arms companies can do wonders!
@Icarus @balixd @Aeronaut

there has been a drop in quality of KAC products, they used to give 5 years warranty on their items but know they don't, there items are prone to blowing up on shooters face or Racking the pump of shotgun might break something....however there are some new companies on the horizon and have been doing very well....Badar & brothers - are exporting their pistols to US, Zafar Alam - given that its original produces high quality clones, Peshawar Arms Company has made a name in Shotguns category.....
and than its my all time favourite Daudsons Armoury - (DSA) they supply some of their products to Military.

Talking about that AR in the picture than that is a clone of Turkish m1919 12g shotgun, i was there at the exhibition......

here is the pic i took
156123_10151205605123892_2026653236_n.jpg

148608_10151205605158892_69390973_n.jpg

let me show you an interesting thing which i like at the exhibition
18688_10151205606803892_324038542_n.jpg

this target actually moves on the rails, and it can be programmed to put muliple targets to move on the same rail in different direction at different speed......

A whole hearted effort to develop this industry can be very beneficial for Pakistan. Convenient laws can help in better tractability, for security and improvement of industry.

here is the pic i took
156123_10151205605123892_2026653236_n.jpg

148608_10151205605158892_69390973_n.jpg

let me show you an interesting thing which i like at the exhibition
18688_10151205606803892_324038542_n.jpg

this target actually moves on the rails, and it can be programmed to put muliple targets to move on the same rail in different direction at different speed......

Such thing have been in used with the armed forces for decades.. although its strange u saw it for the first time...

Such thing have been in used with the armed forces for decades.. although its strange u saw it for the first time...

pta nahin - this was the first time i saw such setup in pakistan-wasnt aware that military was using this.....
this could be good for civilian sports shooting too

Dara has the skill, i have a dara pistol copy of italian weapon, but you cannot make it out until you see "Made in Pakistan" written on it. It is made of an alloy and does't erode. It is with me since last 20 years and even if i forget oiling, it does not get rusty. It is designed in such a way that while firing there is no recoil. So I would say that we have the talent, refinement should not be a problem. It will also help in controlling illegal arms, as weapon production will come under scrutiny and regulation.
Development of an Industry

There's no uniformity in the quality of materials used, many workshops have smelting stations where scrap metal is moulded into firearm parts. The scrap metal lacks the structural integrity to hold out against sustained pressure. If regularized, the industry has a lot of potential but at present, there are only a few well known Dara Gunsmiths that I would trust.

@DESERT FIGHTER those industries still exists in UAE when weapons are showed they also show their weapons and often the prove to be better @Icarus

Darra Maal is unreliable, inaccurate and has a tendency of blowing up in your face. Not my favourite attributes when looking for a rifle.

Sir those weapons are being used by militants in whole world they are pretty successful not like what you are saying here sir

@DESERT FIGHTER those industries still exists in UAE when weapons are showed they also show their weapons and often the prove to be better @Icarus
Sir those weapons are being used by militants in whole world they are pretty successful not like what you are saying here sir

Zarvan brother, tell you what - most of the weapons seized from TTP / militants are russian origin, ranging from ak47 to akm47, ak74 to pkm.
however militants in the lower cadre might be using local made weapons, we are not saying local are not reliable - its just that they dont last that long.
there are some good pieces out their in market

Zarvan brother, tell you what - most of the weapons seized from TTP / militants are russian origin, ranging from ak47 to akm47, ak74 to pkm.
however militants in the lower cadre might be using local made weapons, we are not saying local are not reliable - its just that they dont last that long.
there are some good pieces out their in market
Sir all kind of weapons are being made in Dara they are even making some Russian Snipers and and also American weapons and in many cases they have proved to be more reliable than weapons produced by our Army

Sir all kind of weapons are being made in Dara they are even making some Russian Snipers and and also American weapons and in many cases they have proved to be more reliable than weapons produced by our Army

Parts are hand made, not reliable as machine made ones, also doubt on materials, you don't want a round exploding out and taking your fingers off, there is a chance with the Darra stuff.

It will also help in controlling illegal arms, as weapon production will come under scrutiny and regulation.

This is where regulating the industry comes in.

The militants use mostly Soviet Era Russian arms.......The notion that they use Darra maal is misleading.

you should check the above comment by icarus. militants are using original russian origin weapons.....darra weapons are good no doubt about that, but not all of them, there are quality in weapons produced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom