What's new

Replacement of Pakistan Army's G-3 Rifles.

which?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar switch is also available of other standard issue assault rifles like INSAS.... I have fired 3-round burst while the camp I had with Army it allows you the recovery time and 3 rounds of 5.56x45mm is enough to kill a well built person even if he is high on some Opium....... It depends on the doctrine which the army follows while the Russians prefer automatic modes the Americans prefer 3 round burst on their assault rifles..... depending on logistics, troops, environment, geography, climate etc....

The future rifles would have every thing on the plate.... semi-auto, 3 round burst, full auto.... aswell as multicalliber firing capabilities... and most of the future plans for the armies world wide have some or the other multicalliber rifle programs for their future troops.

Rifles have S for safety, E for semi automatic, and F for fully automatic. Most soldiers prefer the E position. Allows for better accuracy, less bullet wastage , and gets the target killed easily.

Hell /-) even the AK is better than crap G3 . That’s why most personnel prefer it instead of G3.
It’s better suited for mountainous terrain. Unless Turkey can help with NATO equipment
M4 , M16 don’t think we can afford or Americanos will allow selling it in large numbers.

My cuz frequently complains of G3 constant jamming and inter-locks and some soldiers in his unit even use captured weapons from the terrorists because they better in range and modifications.

Rifles have S for safety, E for semi automatic, and F for fully automatic. Most soldiers prefer the E position. Allows for better accuracy, less bullet wastage , and gets the target killed easily.

The S-is for safety
The R-is for semiautomatic
The B-is for 3 round burst
In some rifles A is also there for Automatic in place of B.

DSC05559.jpg

The S-is for safety
The R-is for semiautomatic
The B-is for 3 round burst
In some rifles A is also there for Automatic in place of B.

DSC05559.jpg

It may vary rifle to rifle. What is saw on the G-3 was the one i told.

very sorry to say,its very hard to hire experts from abroad as you have to pay them second they will not make their cut of million of RS in their back pocket so they scrap the idea,

Dear Guys just look this above video..they used different caliber rods in same gun casing .In my point of view it is help full .

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ True, the original AR-15 platform has been refined to allow for a huge number of calibers, including shotgun... much like the AK system.

^^ True, the original AR-15 platform has been refined to allow for a huge number of calibers, including shotgun... much like the AK system.

The key reason of high popularity of the G3 is that it is much simpler and cheaper to manufacture,than its major contemporary rivals - Belgian FN FAL and US M14. In general, the HK G3 rifle can be described as one of the best7.62mm NATO battle / assault rifles - reliable, versatile, controllable,non-expensive and, finally, very popular.
Modern Firearms - HK G3
:wave:

OK guys, Im new to the game....

1. I think if possible the G3 needs to be replaced and if not... then for gods sake shorten the damn thing at least. It is one of the heaviest and rifles in any professional army. Most armies do what is possible to make it easier on there troops... since, you know. THERE FIGHTING INTENSE BATTLES!!!!!!!!! Shorter means less cost of production, more efficient in battle, and most importantly more lighty.. all the pros of the rifle are still intact but you greatly decrease the cons

2. MP5 is now outdated... it uses 9mm bullets... thats not even going to pierce 18th century body armour.... these ones must be replaced to modified greatly.

3. From what i understand the POF PK-7 is the answer to these two problems above.... But what I want to know now is WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE POF-PK 7/8/10 project... WHY HAS IT STALLED.. there is a war going on that isnt fading out any time soon I think the army needs to be a little more vocal in this regard.

4. Why oh why have we returned to the Type-56.... i hate this... whether its a good gun or not... most professional armies do not use it anymore.... either have it upgraded (and painted all black cause the wood finish makes my blood boil) atleast check out the new vairants of the AK.... those are slick looking guns that makes the army look professional... AND YES, i realise that pakistan is the best army in the world as of 2010 (Cambrian patrol) congrats to that, you are the best of the best... now you just need to LOOK like it in my book....

your thoughts guys...

OHH AND MOST IMPORTANT... ARE POF GUNS ACTUALLY COMING OR IS JUST TALK... LIKE THE END OF LOAD SHEDDING IN PAKISTAN?

OK guys, Im new to the game....

1. I think if possible the G3 needs to be replaced and if not... then for gods sake shorten the damn thing at least. It is one of the heaviest and rifles in any professional army. Most armies do what is possible to make it easier on there troops... since, you know. THERE FIGHTING INTENSE BATTLES!!!!!!!!! Shorter means less cost of production, more efficient in battle, and most importantly more lighty.. all the pros of the rifle are still intact but you greatly decrease the cons

2. MP5 is now outdated... it uses 9mm bullets... thats not even going to pierce 18th century body armour.... these ones must be replaced to modified greatly.

3. From what i understand the POF PK-7 is the answer to these two problems above.... But what I want to know now is WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE POF-PK 7/8/10 project... WHY HAS IT STALLED.. there is a war going on that isnt fading out any time soon I think the army needs to be a little more vocal in this regard.

4. Why oh why have we returned to the Type-56.... i hate this... whether its a good gun or not... most professional armies do not use it anymore.... either have it upgraded (and painted all black cause the wood finish makes my blood boil) atleast check out the new vairants of the AK.... those are slick looking guns that makes the army look professional... AND YES, i realise that pakistan is the best army in the world as of 2010 (Cambrian patrol) congrats to that, you are the best of the best... now you just need to LOOK like it in my book....

your thoughts guys...
Ans1 first shortning the thing up in no solution you can add a folding stock which costs more but you cant shorten the barral because 1 accuracy goes down 2 this is a battle rifel not a short cqb or assault rifel.
Ans2 MP5s r being replaced with POF type 56 in the field and 9mm is replaced with 7.62x39 so happy? but for the record MP5 is a dam gud weapon and with the lack of Bullet ristant vests the SMG did wonders in its ful auto mode.
Ans3 AFAIK PK series RIFLES will not go in production rather than that HK417 or a turkish MEMATIC may come in to service.
Ans4 Type 56 is not what tu think of as a chinese copy of AK47 but its modified in POF and there is a further upgrade planned for next year wich involves polymer insted of wood and a major modification in the barral (i need to confirm first befor i talk abt the barrel.)if you remember the orignal designe of g3 had wood that came with TOT but then POF took the new designe of plastic grip stock etc same is planned for t56

still.. i rather see smaller rifles. for the soldiers, i ithnk it would be better.

i would like some more info on type 56 please sir G... what are your sources?? they really need to get rid of that ugly wood finsih...

still.. i rather see smaller rifles. for the soldiers, i ithnk it would be better.
yes smaller rifals r gud in BF but remember if ur bullet cant reach the enemy first or kill him in first hit than the prows of a short weapon r over shadowed by cons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom