What's new

Renaming the Hindu Kush?

Are you in favor of renaming the Hindu Kush Mountains in Pakistan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hindu kush should stay its historical..

Hindu kush and Himalayas is one of the reasons Hinduism could never expand outside of the sub continent

When i read the thread title, I thought you wanted to chafe the name coz it sounds brutal. If you don't want up be reminded by the savagery that your ancestors suffered, you should change the name to Arab victory or something like that. . It I'd consistent with pakistan's philosophy.

Please do not spread 3rd grade Mutala-e-Pakistan (or its Indian equivalent) history mystery unless you want to refuse that you have become an adult.

See my previous post.

Thank you

Hindu kush should stay its historical..

Hindu kush and Himalayas is one of the reasons Hinduism could never expand outside of the sub continent

Please learn a bit about Hinduism.

it never spread to Indus river (in a dominant way) let alone Hindu-Kash mountains.

the closest the Hindus dominated were in Gujarat state even back in 1050 AD (almost 1000 years ago) in the form of somnath temple.

There was no major temple on River chnab, Ravi, Jehlum, satluj, Sindh even back then.

Small ones yes. But no major temple.

Reason.

Indus river basin was not inhabited by Hindu majority. Modern day Pakistan was the place of Bhuddists and pagan tribes.

In Ganga valley Bhuddism got replaced by Hinduism

In Sindh valley Bhuddism got replaced by Islam.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

it never spread to Indus river (in a dominant way) let alone Hindu-Kash mountains.

the closest the Hindus dominated were in Gujarat state even back in 1050 AD (almost 1000 years ago) in the form of somnath temple.

There was no major temple on River chnab, Ravi, Jehlum, satluj, Sindh even back then.

Reason.

Indus river basin was not inhabited by Hindu majority. Modern day Pakistan was the place of Bhuddists and pagan tribes.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

How come Budhism is replaced by Hinduism when Hinduism in ancient than Budhism...No hard feeling, I think Budhism may have replaced many places of Hinduism....

How come Budhism is replaced by Hinduism when Hinduism in ancient than Budhism...No hard feeling, I think Budhism may have replaced many places of Hinduism....

In Ganga valley, they perhaps jockeyed for influence until Bhuddism fell out of public favor.

So whatever Bhuddist population was in Ganga valley, converted to Hinduism (my guess).

However in the Sindh valley, Hinduism could never flourish like it did in Ganga valley.

peace

There was no major temple on River Punjab, Ravi, Jehlum, Sindh even back then.

Reason.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

How could you go from making such a factually sound explanation in post #60, and back to some new version of mutala e Pakistan that you condemned in that very post? Please get out of this confusion.

Hinduism was predominant even in Khyber and Balochistan for many centuries before the Pashtun and Iranic tribes (who were historically Zoroastrian) migrated to the land. some of those settlers adopted hinduism (and later Buddhism) whilst others stayed Zoroastrians. Hence, in the newfound home of these migrants, there was a healthy mix of both and difficult to ascertain clear majority. the further you went east from those lands up to borders of punjab (indus river), the more people practiced hinduism. and the further away towards khorasan you went, more people practiced zoroastrianism. But the present day Punjab and Sindh (or the banks of Indus and all to its east) were entirely Hindu and later Buddhist. The times were completely different and there were no borders to speak of, just a fluid interaction of cultures and religion between subcontinent & persia.

Also, this division of 'Ganga valley' and 'Indus valley' is there in every post of yours discussing this part of history. Your ancestors from Ganga valley actually weren't different from those settled near the Indus (native Punjabi/Sindhis). People moved back and forth between the two ever since these northern parts were populated from further south, more than ten thousand years before Indus valley civilization began. also, most of the Vedic scriptures and the kings/wars they mention were of kshatriya tribes settled around Indus river plains, that dominated up to Hindu Kush range. This is well over a thousand years before common area. you can see the proof in historical pilgrimage sites of hindus in balochistan, thatre dedicated to some lords (or warriors) they believe in, as well as the genealogical anthropology that discusses movement and peopling of South Asia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom