What's new

Remembering the 1979 seige of Holy Kaaba

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Sensual lips", "Emulating a piety first displayed by Prophet Mohammed himself"

Something is wrong with this writer...

Its a book written to sell..
The author has included description of the vilian in story mode...

When I first learned about the incident,i couldn't believe it .

I remember reading somewhere that these commandos had to convert to Islam before taking part in the operation:woot:

I read the French commandos were brought in and nominally converted to Islam before allowed into the holy city.

I read the French commandos were brought in and nominally converted to Islam before allowed into the holy city.

Please post proof of the I heards, or they are just that I heard. Its not just you but many claim the same I heard.

Please post proof of the I heards, or they are just that I heard. Its not just you but many claim the same I heard.

Read the book "The Siege of Mecca" by Yaroslav Trofimov - it details how the whole incident unfolded.

well, why non muslims can't enter mecca?? I have never seen any hadith related to it. So what is the reason?

I would rather trust my own people then going into deatils provided by some wall street dude, who again heard it from someone.

It is upto you who you believe or not. But this author is an award winner and this book was based on interviews with the actual participants in the action including the French commandos and certain Saudi soldiers. Read it some 3 years back - so can't recollect the players.

well, why non muslims can't enter mecca?? I have never seen any hadith related to it. So what is the reason?

This law was actually passed in the time of the Prophet (PBUH) after the conquest of Mekkah.

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 9 Surah Taubah verse 28:O you who have believed, the ‘mushriks’ (polytheists) are ‘unclean’; therefore, let them not come near the Sacred Mosque (of Mecca) after this year.

Why non-muslims cannot | Islamhelpline

On the topic:

I once read somewhere, written in a very romanticized manner, how the SSG boys bent down, untied their shoes, picked up their guns and went in. Reportedly, the Gate of the grand mosque was rammed open using a Saudi tank upon the Pakistani commander's request.

It was easier to find stuff to read on this incident a few years ago. Finding the SSG's involvement in the incident now is a tad more difficult than before.

I heard that these were the real rulers family that took Kabba as safe house, yet they were killed ??

if that is true then it means this was the first uprising of the arabs against the Al Saud Kingship ?

There are many versions of this story....some says it was attack to hold the keys of Kabbah and to remove the current ruling family from power who keeps the keys of Holy Kabbah. He is called the custodian of Kabbah who hold the keys...and it was the tribe family supported by many from Egypt, Kuwait and Pakistan to do this operation against this ruling family of Saudia....which is came in power due to US favorism.

forty-three-year-old Bedouin preacher with magnetic black eyes, sensual lips, and shoulder-length hair that seamlessly blended into a black curly beard
WTF :D

The reason they took hold of Masjid Alharam is because king Faisal allowed girls to study in schools, so these illiterate fanatics thought this was blasphemous and so the ruling family had no legitimacy. It didn't hurt that one of his companions claimed to be the coming Mahdi!.
French special forces advisors did nothing but advice.
The majority were executed not electrocuted.

WTF :D

The reason they took hold of Masjid Alharam is because king Faisal allowed girls to study in schools, so these illiterate fanatics thought this was blasphemous and so the ruling family had no legitimacy. It didn't hurt that one of his companions claimed to be the coming Mahdi!.
French special forces advisors did nothing but advice.
The majority were executed not electrocuted.

The majority were executed not electrocuted

This is where my problem lies, why not take them alive and make them talk. Why kill them why kill the facts. And its not related to this incident only but the problem all around. U see a bunck of fookers going around killing and then when they are to be caught they are just killed.

The majority were executed not electrocuted

This is where my problem lies, why not take them alive and make them talk. Why kill them why kill the facts. And its not related to this incident only but the problem all around. U see a bunck of fookers going around killing and then when they are to be caught they are just killed.
Because that's the law. If you kill, you get killed. And what do you mean make them talk? They weren't killed at the scene, they were jailed until a judge ordered their execution.

Because that's the law. If you kill, you get killed. And what do you mean make them talk? They weren't killed at the scene, they were jailed until a judge ordered their execution.

U didnt get my post, let me be more specific. By making them talk I mean make them tell the truth, and as for an eye for an eye, I say kill them all. But after they have given us the 2 cents. Not before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom