What's new

Reliving 30 October 2011 -PTI Day; The recognition of the Revolutionaries !

Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Imran-Khan-PTI-Jalsa-in-Lahore.jpg

310279_10150351326949527_151626539526_8099192_562072329_n.jpg

@Asad_Umar

#30OctPTIday i sent a text to IK on 28th saying lahore is looking good & if u can pull off a good show on the 30th it will be a game changer

@ArsalanGhumman
Before #30OctPTIDay, they said @ImranKhanPTI cannot gather ppl on MinarePakistan. After 30th Oct, they said he can gather bt cant get votes.

@ArsalanGhumman

خاص طور پر عورتوں کی تعلیم پر ایمرجنسی ڈکلیر کرینگے کیوںکہ جب عورتوں کو تعلیم ملیگی وہ خود اپنے حقوق کے لیے کھڑی ہوجاینگی

goor say sun lo...
http://www.insaf.pk/Portals/0/NTForums_Attach/Imran Khan Spech - Dj Remix.mp3

@mahnoor199

#30OctPTIDay Whaatay day! The true spirit, passion & unity at the jalsa cannot be denied! And Imran khan gave the best speech ever!

@ArsalanGhumman

#30OctPTIDay جب قانون کی بالادستی ہوگی کوی طاقتور کمزور پرظلم نہیں کر سکیگا

"Allah hum Teri Ibadat karthe hain aor tere se madad mangthe hain. #30OctPTIday

#30OctPTIDay ہم نہیں تو کون؟ اب نہیں تو کب ؟؟

Awesome reliving the moment video !!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=477629878948142

^^ national anthem

#PTI is not for @ImranKhanPTI but for the youth who are increasing into millions.#30OctPTIDay

Rally that I led from Chishtian, Bahawalnagar to Minar-e-Pakistan, Lahore for #30OctPTIDay. https://m.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.217633811639273.55410.132054673530521&type=1&refid=13 … what a day that was!

1st they ignore you (1996-2008), then they ridicule you (2008 to #30OctPTIday), then they fight u (Oct2011-Elections2013), then you #PTI win

#30OctPTIDay Lahorion ne sabit kr dia k Lahore PTI ka hai

Imran Khan is going to loose the next election (even with fair elections). Sad but true! Prove me wrong?

#30OctPTIDay I had high fever so wrapped my head with sweater. friends & I began consoling each other that it was early, place wud fillup

#30OCtPTIDay Insafians everything is possible! just stand behind our leader and IA we'll sweep elections!! :)

I remember the road trip to #Lahore from Karachi for #30OctPTIDay. The city of Lahore was painted with #PTI colors. Can't forget ever

pti-30-oct-jalsa.jpg

PTI Celebrating 30th October 2011 Lahore Jalsa

I had my exam, the very next day!! But #30OctPTIDay ws more important!!

#30OctPTIDay was the Pak decided 4 a new beginning. The old generation failed & defeated, but the youngsters did show "never die" attitude!

Imran-Khan-PTI-Jalsa-in-Lahore.jpg

310279_10150351326949527_151626539526_8099192_562072329_n.jpg

@Asad_Umar

#30OctPTIday i sent a text to IK on 28th saying lahore is looking good & if u can pull off a good show on the 30th it will be a game changer

@ArsalanGhumman
Before #30OctPTIDay, they said @ImranKhanPTI cannot gather ppl on MinarePakistan. After 30th Oct, they said he can gather bt cant get votes.

@ArsalanGhumman

خاص طور پر عورتوں کی تعلیم پر ایمرجنسی ڈکلیر کرینگے کیوںکہ جب عورتوں کو تعلیم ملیگی وہ خود اپنے حقوق کے لیے کھڑی ہوجاینگی

goor say sun lo...
http://www.insaf.pk/Portals/0/NTForums_Attach/Imran Khan Spech - Dj Remix.mp3

@mahnoor199

#30OctPTIDay Whaatay day! The true spirit, passion & unity at the jalsa cannot be denied! And Imran khan gave the best speech ever!

@ArsalanGhumman

#30OctPTIDay جب قانون کی بالادستی ہوگی کوی طاقتور کمزور پرظلم نہیں کر سکیگا
Imran added rejected third class politicians into his party and violated his promise of working with transparancy , justified corrupt people . This defamed him and by all surveys the popularity graph is getting down and down . :what:

#30OctPTIDay Lahore made history!!

#30OctPTIDay Youm-e-Insaf

#30OctPTIDay When my friends in Lahore told me tht every single car, bike, rickshaw, bicycle is going towards Minar-e-Pakistan

#30OctPTIDay - Heart-racing, pulse-quickening, adrenalin-pumping, nerve-stimulating, blood-rushing, mind-blowing & historically-undying day.

A6b3GAPCcAAmf1n.jpg

#30OctPTIDay when patriotism was at its peak ! :)

#30OctPTIDay will b remembred for Imran Khan and #PTI and the Youth of Pakistan

My message to India on the presence of their army in Kashmir is that a military solution has never helped solve anything - IK #30OctPTIDay

#30OctPTIDay which history will remember as the "Dawn of New Pakistan"! #ImranKhan

#30OctPTIDay "That evening, Pakistan the concept, was right there in front of the whole world, living, breathing and screaming."

#30OctPTIDay "This was about being Pakistanis, pure and simple. I, Pakistani. Nothing else mattered."

#30OctPTIDay | Since the day I have pasted PTI flags on my room walls.

#30OctPTIDay When youth abandoned status-quo parties for good!!! #ImranKhan #PTI

#30OctPTIDay "This was beyond politics. This was nationalism not seen outside cricket stadiums."

#30OctPTIDay "But they also laughed, danced and screamed because they felt one, bound together by a failed past, and a hopeful future. "

I, Pakistan —Fahd Husain

For those few hours, I felt my ethnic, provincial, and even professional identity being subsumed by my national one. It felt good to be a Pakistani

You just had to be there. I was. And I stood there, on top of the 16 foot container, and looked at the sea of people shouting, clapping, laughing, dancing and waving flags.

It was mesmerising. It was electrifying.

They came in waves, and kept on coming. Men, women, teenagers, children, families, almost every demographic one can think of. They were all there. And they were pumped up. Seriously pumped up. A teeming multitude that blended into one massive, pulsating kilometre of synchronised humanity. As daylight morphed into twilight, then dissolved into brightly illuminated darkness, Minto Park ignited into a maelstrom of deafening roars, thunderous drumbeats and booming motivational music.

The air was infectious, the mood contagious. The atmosphere was surreal — and political. This was like no other jalsa. And it has shaken Pakistani politics, and politicians, to the core.

Today Imran Khan elicits sniggers no more. Those five hours on October 30th in the city of Lahore, under the shadow of the Minar-e-Pakistan, have transformed the struggling dreamer into a political rock star. He is the man to beat, because suddenly he is driving the national political narrative.

“But wait,” say traditional politicians, “this was a good jalsa, but it was just that, a jalsa. It is not like he has won the election.”

True. There is a long, snaky and tortuous road ahead for Khan and his Under-19 team. What he pulled off that night was remarkable. But sometimes remarkable is not good enough. Imran may rise and rise from here on, or he may crash and burn at the hustings, slain by the cruel sword of constituency power politics, rooted in kinship and patronage. Predicting outcomes would be a waste of space.

Which is why analysing the Lahore rally in terms of eventual political outcomes would be to misread what exactly happened there that evening. What I saw, and what I felt, went deeper than that. And it epitomised something that is bigger than Imran Khan, bigger than his party, and bigger than all the politicians and their agendas put together.

On that cool and balmy Lahore evening, standing atop that container, I imagined a future draped in colours of hope.

No, this hope was not borne of partisanship, or political loyalty, or even an after-effect of the right words spoken the right way. This hope, perhaps, was an amalgam of a kaleidoscope of emotions, visible in the form of a collective yearning. A yearning for a better life; for justice; for peace and for a society in which every man, woman and child enjoys equal opportunity. A yearning for equality before law and an end to exploitation. A yearning for dignity, for tolerance, and for the protection of the weak.

For those few hours, I felt my ethnic, provincial, and even professional identity being subsumed by my national one. All my internal conflicts, contradictions, acrimony, cynicism, sarcasm, antagonism, despondency, bitterness and rancour seemed to melt away, and I experienced a warm glow as happy emotions welled up.

It felt good to be a Pakistani.

Can you imagine this feeling? Every living moment, we Pakistanis are bombarded with negativity. Terrorism, nepotism, corruption, injustice, exploitation, bigotry, intolerance, topped off by the devastating effects of a collapsing economy. In Quaid’s country, life has been, and is, nasty. Wherever we go, the world pours scorn on us, and the green passport sparks off red alerts. We crib, we moan and we indulge in self-loathing. We envy India, we hate the US and we grovel in front of the Saudis. As a result, we are made to feel like we have no self-respect.

This hurts. It feels bad. We feel angry, bitter, vengeful, and generally negative.

But not that evening in Lahore. That day we felt good. I felt good. Tens of thousands of fellow Pakistanis, together under one huge green and white flag, dreaming of a better tomorrow, as Strings belted out emotional lyrics about a Pakistan where “roti hogi sasti, aur mehangi hogi jaan” (bread will be cheap, but not life). I saw Pakistanis crying as they waved flags, swayed to the tunes and yearned for a shore that glimmers on the horizon. They cried for the broken promises, for lives ruined and for a future that their kids deserve but may not get. But they also laughed, danced and screamed because they felt one, bound together by a failed past, and a hopeful future.

This was beyond politics. This was nationalism not seen outside cricket stadiums. This was about being Pakistanis, pure and simple. I, Pakistani. Nothing else mattered. This was a resounding message for all those who say Pakistan is a failed state. That evening, Pakistan the concept, was right there in front of the whole world, living, breathing and screaming.

Yes we are. Yes we can.

All Imran Khan can do is channelise this emotion. He did not create it. He did not even fan it. All he did was dust it off the shelf and assemble it. It does not belong to him. It certainly does not belong to the traditional political parties. This raw Pakistaniat, if it gains momentum, will drive politics, not be driven by it. Asif Zardari and Nawaz Sharif can only ignore it at their own peril.

The rally is over but its hangover hovers in the air. Soon it too will dissipate. Politics may soon flow back into its old biradari (clan), thaana/katchery (police station/courts) patronage grooves. Imran may become a victim of his own idealism as traditional power structures squeeze him like an enraged python.

But that flash of emotion I felt for a few hours that evening, standing atop a container in Lahore’s Minto Park, will keep burning a small but intense flame inside of me, a reminder that there is a dream called Pakistan.

And it is still very much alive.

The writer hosts a primetime show on a private TV channel. He can be reached at fahd.husain1@gmail.com

#30OctPTIDay For the first time, it felt good to be a #Pakistani. Fahad Husain

imran khan will save pakistan insha Alah whether we r interested in politics or nt we support him for PAKISTAN #30OctPTIDay

Congrats to Youth of Pakistan due to #30OctPTIDay. The importance they have now was never there before :) pic.twitter.com/rPscqGAs

#30OctPTIDay Which proved struggle and hardwork never go wasted @ImranKhanPTI

#30OctPTIDay Which proved struggle and hardwork never go wasted @ImranKhanPTI

#30OctPTIDay The day when youth of Pakistan decided who will be their next PM #PTI

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom