What's new

Reliance, Dassault planning facility to produce wings for Rafale

anup

Reaction score
Country
India
France’s Dassault Aviation and Reliance Industries are planning to set up a facility to produce wings of Rafale combat aircraft selected by IAF for meeting its requirement of 126 fighter planes.

The two firms are planning to set up a Rs 1,000-crore facility for producing the wings of the Rafale combat aircraft and it is most likely to come up in Bangalore, industry sources told PTI here.

Under the plan, Dassault Aviation would help Reliance to establish the factory similar to its production facilities in France where the aircraft is produced, they said.

The Defence Ministry and other agencies concerned have given a go ahead to the two companies for creating the unit, they said.

India had selected Dassault Aviation’s Rafale plane last year after a five-year-long process in which five other companies had participated.

Dassault and the Defence Ministry had been engaged in long contract negotiations after which the Ministry finalised the deal, which is expected to cost around Rs 60,000 crore.

Earlier, the French firm and the Defence Ministry were engaged in a tussle over the role of the defence arm of the Reliance Industries in the contract.

Dassault wanted Reliance to be the main partner in production of the aircraft in India but the Government made it clear that it was not possible as the tender for the procurement clearly stated that aerospace PSU Hindustan Aeronautics Limited would be the lead integrator for the project.

The differences over the issue have been resolved and Dassault and HAL have started readying their teams for implementing the project after it is signed.

Source:- idrw.org

With inflation increased, why Indian are optimist Deal would still stand at 10 Billion dollar?

With inflation increased, why Indian are optimist Deal would still stand at 10 Billion dollar?
the deal remains same in dollars i guess, amount changes in rupees due to changes in conversion rates..i guess

though indian.....these companies trade and work in dollars n not in rupees....hence inflation is not a concern for them....otherwise how would tata buy jaguar

lolzzz begani shadi me :azn:........:rofl::rofl:

anyway we still have those bilions od $s to spare for owr defence and dont worry we will not ask for monitarry aid or 'soft loans' from pakistan for that:enjoy:

Lanat hai Bhai app par... Sawal Channa jawab gandum

the deal remains same in dollars i guess, amount changes in rupees due to changes in conversion rates..i guess
though indian.....these companies trade and work in dollars n not in rupees....hence inflation is not a concern for them....otherwise how would tata buy jaguar

126 Rafael with AESA radar and Hi-TECH weaponary that would be bought with it, Do you honestly think it would cost 10 Billion dollar?

recent prices indicate, Some country i don't seem to recall was to purchase 70-75 Rafael for 10-11 billion dollar

126 Rafael with AESA radar and Hi-TECH weaponary that would be bought with it, Do you honestly think it would cost 10 Billion dollar?

recent prices indicate, Some country i don't seem to recall was to purchase 70-75 Rafael for 10-11 billion dollar

That country isn't going to manufacture rafale in house - my man - only 18 are to be ordered from France the rest of it are to be produced in house and you would know that there would be huge difference in manufacturing cost.

Also, the dollar number will remain the same - we will end up paying more cost because of the increased exchange.

Lanat hai Bhai app par... Sawal Channa jawab gandum

he he he he lnaat un pe jo khud ka ghar to sambaal nahi pa rahe aur apne parosi ko ghar sambahlne ke nuskhe de rahe hain :rofl::rofl:

any wayat least 126 Rafale are coming to IAF and now the deal will be signed so will be LCA MK1 & 2 + FGFA and super sukois and AURA UCAV all of which will have ASEA radars and latest mix of russain , french, indian & israeli wepons, EW suites and there is nothing pakistan aur china can do about to stop it just pray that they are not used against you since when fat lady sings china will nowhere will be seen in helping you or as many of you beleave will come and fight india to save you all they will do is give you free wepons :enjoy:

The two firms are planning to set up a Rs 1,000-crore facility for producing the wings of the Rafale combat aircraft and it is most likely to come up in Bangalore, industry sources told PTI here.
WTF, man? Bangalore again? Can't they find some other goddamn place? As it is we're getting screwed in bangalore, what with those enormous mind boggling traffic snarls and road rage due to the gazillions of IT and other companies that have opened shop there?

Takes me more than two bl00dy hours to reach my home in North Bangalore from the South whenever I go there for a visit! Jeeez! :pissed:

Last edited:
So Rafael deal formalities completed.Is it correct.?
Reliance-> Rich Thugs..........
you are right.Reliance is only concentrated in money.But we dont worry about it.Reliance cant do more about that.Still HAL is the integrator.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom