What's new

Relationship with China or America ? What is more important ?

Gandhi G in da house

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
I was always in favour of a closer relationship with Americans than Chinese but the recent diplomatic spat and the following revelation of the FB comments of the two American diplomats in India has made me wonder , if that is the correct line of thinking. Reading comments from Americans on the internet and the coverage of American media on this issue has made me feel that though Americans may wish to be closer to us , they don't really respect us the way we have been treating them. The only reason they decided to have a strategic partnership with India was probably because India has been growing relatively fast and so is China which Americans feel threatened by. So they wish to have India in its corner if shi* ever hits the fan with China. However, since Indian economy has slowed down in the last couple of years, you don't see the same warmth from America anymore as there was before when we were growing at 8-9 % p.a. YoY.

I realise Chinese have become arrogant as well , especially with their antics at the border , but should that mean that we should ally with USA against China ? or even be closer to the US than we are to the Chinese ?

China or America or balance ? What would you choose ? and Why ? Also, is it possible for India to maintain a balance in the current situation ?

I live in the West, I love the West.

But India needs to make up with China. It needs to do it yesterday. Let's not be getting hostile with the world's soon to be premier economic power.

Diplomatic spat was transient. China can never be friend. US is more important to India than ever China could be or was. It doesn't mean India should be subservient to US, but a relationship based on shared geo political and strategic interests. I guess Indo-US relations are going the right way.

Can't you just be your own man.

I never understood this Trust in political terms, it's an oxymoron. We are not friends, but also not enemies, we are two countries looking out for our interests.

If they conflict we fight, if they are the same, we work together, if it doesn't concern we ignore. Keep in mind all three things can happen and should happen at the same time.

We could do business while at war, and screw over each other in friendship. That's what politics is, no permanent eneimes or friends just ever lasting interests.

Diplomatic spat was transient. China can never be friend. US is more important to India than ever China could be or was. It doesn't mean India should be subservient to US, but a relationship based on shared geo political and strategic interests. I guess Indo-US relations are going the right way.

Correct, I agree with you but what if there a lack of respect from the other side as seen from this recent spat, from the comments of the American diplomats , from the American media coverage , from the detention of a famous Indian movie star at an American airport despite knowing who he was ? Without mutual respect do you think a meaningful relationship is possible ?

And why do you say China can never be a friend ? Is it only the border dispute or something else as well ?

Can't you just be your own man.

I never understood this Trust in political terms, it's an oxymoron. We are not friends, but also not enemies, we are two countries looking out for our interests.

If they conflict we fight, if they are the same, we work together, if it doesn't concern we ignore. Keep in mind all three things can happen and should happen at the same time.

We could do business while at war, and screw over each other in friendship. That's what politics is, no permanent eneimes or friends just ever lasting interests.

Well said. Still this makes for an interesting discussion, I believe.

I thought this thread was started by a pakistani .. since such retarded and naive line of thnking is typical of them .. why should our relation ship with US be exclusive to China ? We live in a globalized world and relationship with each country has its own status

I hope that Israel, China and India will abandon the US and make a joint pact so I can finally join the American military and bomb all you three back to Stone Age. :)

I hope that Israel, China and India will abandon the US and make a joint pact so I can finally join the American military and bomb all you three back to Stone Age.

Well since your first flag is Palestinian why don't you join the Palestinian army instead and then try it ? ;)

I thought this thread was started by a pakistani .. since such retarded and naive line of thnking is typical of them .. why should our relationship with US be exclusive to China ? We live in a globalized world and relationship with each country has its own status

I never stated the bold part. Be careful with your choice of words.

Well since your first flag is Palestinian why don't you join the Palestinian army instead and then try it ? ;)

I'm not actually Palestinian, I'm half Ukrainian half Lebanese. Even though I'm joking, if he United States Army began having a moral purpose in this world and withdrew support to Israel I would join the military tomorrow.

I'm just joking, I am Palestinian. :D

But, I'm serious about joining the military had it had a different purpose.

I never stated the bold part. Be careful with your choice of words.

More important ? what does it mean ?

Tell me something .. what is more important .. your relationship with your sister or your brother ? can that be even compared ?

A similar thing is what I am trying to tell you here !

I'm not actually Palestinian, I'm half Ukrainian half Lebanese. Even though I'm joking, if he United States Army began having a moral purpose in this world and withdrew support to Israel I would join the military tomorrow.

I'm just joking, I am Palestinian. :D

But, I'm serious about joining the military had it had a different purpose.

You drunk bro ? o_O

More important ? what does it mean ?

Tell me something .. what is more important .. your relationship with your sister or your brother ? can that be even compared ?

A similar thing is what I am trying to tell you here !

So you mean there should be balance ? Right . Thanks for answering. You could have said it without using those terms.It was a part of my question anyway. But can we maintain a balance in the relations ? I think up until now we have favoured US more. You see as China grows and catches up with the US economy it's obvious there is going to be tensions between US and China and it may become difficult for India to maintain an independent balance as you suggest. What do you think ?

Literally we can't trust our neighbors in any scenario,The way they speak about the peace talks is completely ridiculous with out taking actions on the root issues. US has a habit to use any nation for their needs and abandon them in the middle of any process.... we need to be cautious on national interests rather than personal interests.

I hope that Israel, China and India will abandon the US and make a joint pact so I can finally join the American military and bomb all you three back to Stone Age. :)

:blah::blah::blah:

Last edited:
You drunk bro ? o_O

So you mean there should be balance ? Right . Thanks for answering. You could have said it without using those terms.It was a part of my question anyway. But can we maintain a balance in the relations ? I think up until now we have favoured US more. You see as China grows and catches up with the US economy it's obvious there is going to be tensions between US and China and it may become difficult for India to maintain an independent balance as you suggest. What do you think ?

I don't drink brother. I'm Palestinian and always wanted to join a military but I can't do it with our military having unjust purposes. Neither do I agree with its regional policy, until it sees a change I won't have a reason to join it. I would like to see a change though. :)

I thought this thread was started by a pakistani .. since such retarded and naive line of thnking is typical of them .. why should our relation ship with US be exclusive to China ? We live in a globalized world and relationship with each country has its own status

Dude look at your posts and even this one... Your a certified retard.. Go see a shrink..

Back
Top Bottom