What's new

Rejoice! Amazon, eBay, PayPal may Soon Enter Pakistan

Another thread infested by Indiots.

Move on people.

OMG

i love to do shoping in Amazon/ebay/flipkart/snapdeal/ and whenever my phone need rechargei do it with PAYTM..with the help of 4G network inside underground metro in new delhi...

just saw this thread..i am sad:(:(:(:( they dont hv these things....:(:(
Retarded comment of the day goes to..

OMG

i love to do shoping in Amazon/ebay/flipkart/snapdeal/ and whenever my phone need rechargei do it with PAYTM..with the help of 4G network inside underground metro in new delhi...

just saw this thread..i am sad:(:(:(:( they dont hv these things....:(:(

We have local Amazon equivalents here - Daraz.pk/Kaymu/homeshopping/ishopping/vmart/galaxy.pk/czone.pk/mega.pk/shophive

For mobile payments, we have: easypaisa(easypay), mobicash, Timepey, etc and then almost all banks offer e-payment services for utilities, broadband and mobile recharge.

We have 2 4G networks operating in most cities and 3G networks in many others in addition.

We don't have a metro train yet, but its being constructed in Lahore and the others will come eventually.

What world are you Indians living in?

Great news if paypal is available in Pakistan. many people are using payoneer. i did use skrill and it was going ok but for a few months they have become headache.
just today western union reversed my payment for no reason :)

Anusha’s Promise of Paypal, Amazon & Ebay in Pakistan Still A Distant Dream

At the end of last year, we reported that Pakistan was getting ready to invite tech giants like Amazon, PayPal and Ebay to the country. Anusha Rehman, Minister of State for IT and Telecom had said then that all regulatory arrangements had been made and the companies would be invited to start operations in the country.

7 months on, there’s been zero progress. Pakistan is already in Financial Action Task Force’s (FATF) white list, which basically means we have internationally accepted anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing standards. This was previously one of the major hurdles towards a major company starting operations in Pakistan.

Also read: Govt Soon to Invite PayPal, Amazon and Ebay for Operations in Pakistan: Anusha

That’s not all. Despite a significant freelancing population and increasing internet penetration, there is still no solution for a payment gateway in Pakistan. The State Bank of Pakistan has set a prohibitive Rs. 200 million entry barrier for entrepreneurswilling to build a solution themselves and now, they’re sitting on idle hands.

Ecommerce is exploding in Pakistan. By 2020, it’s expected to be a $1 billion industry. As we’ve said before though, the only way we get there is if the consumers can trust online stores.

Despite horror stories and instances of flagrant violations of consumer rights, there’s no ecommerce framework to address consumers rights, dispute resolutions and all sorts of procedural and mechanical challenges of eommerce industry.

Also Read: Pakistani Ecommerce Industry has One Key Flaw That we Must Fix Right Away!

From the Ministry of Commerce, Ministry of IT and State Bank of Pakistan, we ask: when can we expect an update on anything? The given timeline was for a few weeks and it’s literally been months with zero communication and updates.

To Miss Rehman, we put forth a simple question: what’s taking so long? It seems like our elected representatives have myopia or the attention spans of gold fishes. As soon as there is a political scandal, like Panama Leaks these days, they obsess over it and forget everything else.

Are we going to resign ourselves to the fact that nothing will get done until the flavor of the month political scandal gets resolved? It’s time we got answers to empty promises and announcements that seem like they were only for the press coverage.

more comments:
http://propakistani.pk/2016/05/03/a...mazon-ebay-in-pakistan-still-a-distant-dream/

Anusha’s Promise of Paypal, Amazon & Ebay in Pakistan Still A Distant Dream

I told you nicely on that other thread to not post negative propaganda which has no realistic comparison to the reality. But you and your friends doing propaganda on here don't listen. So I am posting the same answer I posted to that other article.

PayPal has some regulations to work through, they are ready to go. Ebay has been putting together a proposal for Pakisan and Amazon is working on a feasibility study in terms of their market penetration strategy.

Some fools here would give you the impression that these guys were READY to come to Pakistan and somehow current government effed it up (like they say with everything that's been wrong for the past 70 years). Ignore the blame drama by IK and continue watching what people are delivering for Pakistan.

Volvo, GM, VolsWagon, Renault are ALSO entering Pakistan but Audi will beat them all, as they are READY to go and are working on details on establishing a manufacturing plant in Pakistan. Haier is moving their home appliance manufacturing to Pakistan, Huwaei has already started a Desktop and Tablet building plant in Pakistan with two more on the way for Cell phones and TV's!!

You don't have to bring out your home's internal political laundry on here to air. Try to maintain a positive, mature and presentable outlook for Pakistan so that others get a warm and nice feeling when they come to this forum. IK's favorites have turned this into a bit*chy contest where readers just think Pakistan is the worst place to look for stability and IK obviously doesn't care about Pakistan!!

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/govt-to-...tions-in-pakistan.410300/page-2#ixzz48hK15rgY

Good for Pakistan! I wonder if Amazon will also offer its prime service there?

Good for Pakistan! I wonder if Amazon will also offer its prime service there?

Still a distant dream.
Even the indian Amazon only took license of using their website UI/Title rights to sell its things.
its still not a Warehouse based store like it is in the EU and US.

Still a distant dream.
Even the indian Amazon only took license of using their website UI/Title rights to sell its things.
its still not a Warehouse based store like it is in the EU and US.

Oh, I see. Well I hope Pakistan gets the full Amazon experience sometime in the near future.

A little off topic, but I was curious to know if the Spotify music streaming service is available in Pakistan?

Last edited:
Oh, I see. Well I hope Pakistan gets the full Amazon experience sometime in the near future.

A little off topic, but I was curious to know if the Spotify music streaming service is available in Pakistan?

Nope, we use it through a european or US proxy.

Not confirmed...
But I'm sure paypal might consider, since we've a fairly big range of freelancers.

However, for ebay and amazon, its heading to be hard and its own just not worthwhile, on their behalf and us.

Any news bhai logon? waiting seriously about paypal and others..
Actually was about to start a thread specifically for paypal.

pakistanis have an irritating habit (just like the rest of south asians) of jumping up n down before the egg has hatched.
result: almost one year and the egg is still to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom