What's new

Reiterating rules regarding tweets and videos or breaking news

Dubious

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Dear members,

You are most welcome to post anything as per forum rules. Since there is a new "trend" to use twitter posts, these are welcomed ONLY IF there is some sort of summary provided or if there is a msg that wishes to be conveyed to the other members of the forum! A summary or a take home msg!

Kindly do not just post tweeted msgs/ videos without any summary...such posts will be deleted.

I know another mod has announced this before but this is a kind reminder to those who have missed that!

SUMMARY:

1. Dont post tweets without a summary of what the tweet was about and what you wish to highlight!
  2. Tweets without a summary or without addressing the members will be closed!

Thank you!

Last edited:
Dear members,

You are most welcome to post anything as per forum rules. Since there is a new "trend" to use twitter posts, these are welcomed ONLY IF there is some sort of summary provided or if there is a msg that wishes to be conveyed to the other members of the forum! A summary or a take home msg!

Kindly do not just post tweeted msgs/ videos without any summary...such posts will be deleted.

I know another mod has announced this before but this is a kind reminder to those who have missed that!

SUMMARY:

1. Dont post tweets without a summary of what the tweet was about and what you wish to highlight!

Thank you!

I believe even 2-3 sentences are enough.

Dear members,

SUMMARY:

Thank you!

I am sorry I didnt know this but I will adhere to these rules in the future.

I believe even 2-3 sentences are enough.
I have been reporting such threads but actions are delayed and threads already become a battle ground for trolls. May I suggest if you do something programmatically i.e. the code checks if the content is only tweet or video ..if so, it does not let the member post it. i.e. the Submit button remains inactive. It is a very simple script.

Dear members,

SUMMARY:

Thank you!
great announcement
I would make it my signature.

the purpose of such threads should be to invite a for or against Point of view with a little summary why OP deeps it important and worthy of a new thread.
it should be of good quality and authority as well. and also it shouldn't be vague and a click bait

I have seen thread names like "is that true...? and also seen video and tweet choices that are very poorly constructed and lack facts and quality. sometimes even in a wrong section as well

Why am I constantly being blocked from threads...even threads that I don't really contribute to. I have access and then all of a sudden I don't. Do admins have a grudge with me??

Why am I constantly being blocked from threads...even threads that I don't really contribute to. I have access and then all of a sudden I don't. Do admins have a grudge with me??
What message do you get? Create a thread in GHQ, don't hijack this thread. You shouldn't be getting blocked, unless threads are getting closed.

What message do you get? Create a thread in GHQ, don't hijack this thread. You shouldn't be getting blocked, unless threads are getting closed.
Sorry about that, I did leave a message there but received no response and since this thread is about rules ...I thought I'll share my experience here. Where should we continue this conversation?

Why are PTI trolls not abiding by forum rules when creating threads about their political goals?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom