What's new

Rehman Malik thrown off PIA flight by passengers

Sure, until you take a trip to the country.. I cannot share your observation.

I was there not that long ago, and my point about the aam aadmi can be supported by simple statistics too.

So is the VIP culture dead, or is it alive and well?

PIA passengers face hardship - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

KARACHI: Over 300 passengers of Pakistan International Airlines faced hardship at the Karachi airport for over three hours on Friday evening when their flight was delayed because of VIP movement.

According to highly-placed sources, security agencies took over the Karachi airport and suspended all ground movements of the aircraft and vehicles because President Mamnoon Hussain was flying to Islamabad. As a result, at least one PIA flight for Islamabad was delayed for over three hours.

According to the sources, a C-130 of Pakistan Air Force was called in to take the president to Islamabad and all ground movements at the airport were suspended at around 4.30pm.

The president boarded the special aircraft parked at the Terminal I (old airport) and it took off at around 7.45pm.

The aircraft for the PIA flight PK-370 was parked at a distant parking bay and could not be towed to the bay at the Jinnah Terminal where its over 300 passengers were waiting, because of movement restrictions.

Published in Dawn, November 1st, 2014

Doesn't the Secret Service also place restrictions on ALL ground traffic when the Presidential plane is on the move?

But 3 hours in advance does seem excessive. Half a hour or so of a halt b/w the time the President is on board and take off should be sufficient, especially for an airport like Karachi.

As for the President himself, less said the better.

I was there not that long ago, and my point about the aam aadmi can be supported by simple statistics too.

Nope, the Aam Aadmi is not detached from flying in a plane. Your contention that somehow the middle class and the employed are exempt from the Aam Aadmi is inherently biased and flawed.

Nope, the Aam Aadmi is not detached from flying in a plane. Your contention that somehow the middle class and the employed are exempt from the Aam Aadmi is inherently biased and flawed.

If you call it the middle class, then I can agree with you. The middle class is a relative minority.

Doesn't the Secret Service also place restrictions on ALL ground traffic when the Presidential plane is on the move?

But 3 hours in advance does seem excessive. Half a hour or so of a halt b/w the time the President is on board and take off should be sufficient, especially for an airport like Karachi.

As for the President himself, less said the better.

3 hours for President Manoon? Perfectly okay, I suppose. :D

36% is a minority by proportion, correct?

Sure, as I said.. in your case huzoor the glass is always half empty and it shows to an extent where a person feels no longer interested to share anything positive with you. Good day.

Sure, as I said.. in your case huzoor the glass is always half empty and it shows to an extent where a person feels no longer interested to share anything positive with you. Good day.

Sir, the glass is always full. Only the ratio of air to water varies. :D

So 65 years or so is not long enough for Pakistanis to figure this out for themselves?

How long did it take your adopted country, to acknowledge blacks as human beings, not so long ago in the South, you could be lynched for winking at a white woman, (Emmett Till).

How long did it take your adopted country, to acknowledge blacks as human beings, not so long ago in the South, you could be lynched for winking at a white woman, (Emmett Till).

When did Emmett Till travel by PIA or throw out a VIP from a plane? Let's keep the thread on topic, shall we?

When did Emmett Till travel by PIA or throw out a VIP from a plane? Let's keep the thread on topic, shall we?

LoL - just pointing out, your still getting Ferguson type incidents - in your adopted country,

Back
Top Bottom