What's new

Redefining TCG ANADOLU as an Armed Drone Carrier

I saw this posted on a different forum:

Looks like 4 AH-1W supercobras, 4 Seahawks and 2 more regular blackhawks on top deck.

I'm not sure what use regular blackhawks are on a ship like this, I think it just shows that we don't have enough naval helicopters.

Hope the Turks can develop a Stealthy Loyal wingman drone like the one by Boeing, but build it with a lift fan and put it on this ship. It may not make up for not having the F-35Bs but would be a significant strike and air defense platform in denied environments. A platform that would surely find many interested buyers the world over.

Leading C4ISR, Autonomy Tech, Platform Management, Information and Communication Technologies company HAVELSAN introduced ÇAKA, kamikaze UUV/SSUV concept for drone motherships.

I think they need more dedicated platforms which can be used for the various different missions

Turkey needs to form Amphibious ready groups (ARG) around the following

drone optimised LHD and a rotary wing optimised LHD

and for fixed wing drones a 3rd unit would be useful

trying to combined all the different missions on single platform will comprise the capability and diminish what capability it does have

also Turkey needs to add 2 x more LST to help the growing LHD fleet

I would like to see

1 x LHD for rotary
1 x LHD for drones
1 x LHD for fixed wing drones

4 x LST enough to lift heavy equipment for land operations and cover from 4-8 x DDG with 112 x VLS layout for long range air cover for these ARGs

slip in a Reis Class SSK for sub-surface warfare and mix it with unmanned drones

Back
Top Bottom