What's new

RED DOT SIGHTS for Pakistan Army G3A3 and Chinese SMG

XYON

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
GHQ has shortlisted the following RED DOT SIGHTS for procurement within this Financial Year after field firing and laboratory test and trials.

1. Aimpoint CompM3 and CompM4S (Product singleview) - The CompM3 is already in use on the G3 A3 rifles

2. MIRA from Romania (Untitled Document)

3. A Chinese Red Dot Sight Model LY0001

Chances are high that GHQ will continue to procure the Aimpoint CompM3 or M4S as the same is already being used by the SSG. Total quantity required this year is around 2500 units. These sights are for both G3A3 and Chines SMG aka AK-47 rifles

why not indiginus one that was used before mad in pakistan.

So is it just for special ops or whole army.
I think Pak should have them long ago G3 has a nice range and these sights will help your soldiers in making use of that capability.
And if I am not wrong pak already made a shorter version of G3 how did that go??

I think Pak should have them long ago G3 has a nice range and these sights will help your soldiers in making use of that capability.
And if I am not wrong pak already made a shorter version of G3 how did that go??
i believe u r talking abt the 5.56 an 7.62*39 versions pof made i think they r still prototypes.abt the scopes i agree with u

The inducted Red Dot Sight will be for the whole Army. Unlike Indian Army that is currently only using a built-in Israeli Red Dot Sight on the 7.62x51mm NATO Tavor Assault Rifle used by BSF and Special Forces. I have not seen a Red Dot Sight being used by regular Indian Army infantry soldiers on the FN Rifle.

The inducted Red Dot Sight will be for the whole Army. Unlike Indian Army that is currently only using a built-in Israeli Red Dot Sight on the 7.62x51mm NATO Tavor Assault Rifle used by BSF and Special Forces. I have not seen a Red Dot Sight being used by regular Indian Army infantry soldiers on the FN Rifle.

Mate first of all Tavor is 5.56 not 7.62 and our standard rifle is INSAS not FN FAL ...

Secondly we do manufacture our own sights (holographics and infra) but how many regular soldiers uses them is what I don't know. And any way our Army has planes to procure rifle scopes under FINSAS .

Mate first of all Tavor is 5.56 not 7.62 and our standard rifle is INSAS not FN FAL ...

Secondly we do manufacture our own sights (holographics and infra) but how many regular soldiers uses them is what I don't know. And any way our Army has planes to procure rifle scopes under FINSAS .
most of the armys r going throughthis upgrade now it not somthing to brag about cuz both india and pakistan r very late entering this upgrade mate

also i have seen a pakistani made hollographic site on type56 SMGs with captains onward ranks and that site is mounted on the upperreciever without a rail not above the for grip.

Sorry! my base knowledge these days seems to be getting rusty with advancing age! Thanks for the corrections. But, please do put some pictures of the red dot sight that India is manufacturing and/ or installing on the Insas Rifle

Actually these days almost all troops deployed in J&K have red-dot sights for their AKs (this is 30/40,000+ a year) additionally quite few red-dot sights are now being fitted to INSAS but not in huge numbers as F-INSAS is intended to replace these weapons and the rifle of F-INSAS will all have red-dot/NOD/thermal sights.

Additonally all SOF weapons have red-dots/optical sights-, M4, AK, TAR-2-, MP-5, micro-UZI and INSAS.

Pic of COAS checking out new red-dot sight being widely distributed throughout IA while on a

Pic of COAS checking out new red dot sights now being widely distributed to IA INSAS rifles throughout the army while on a visit to Siachin Glacier:

Red Dots have seen wide use in COIN Ops across FATA and SWAT.
The SSG have M4s and T-56Cs with Red Dots and almost all officers have them mounted on their private ARs.
A procurement of only 2500 units suggests to me that these are only for the SSG.
Doesn't make sense arming every soldier with Red Dots though they may be issued for priority Ops that demand the accuracy allowed by the Red Dot sights.

Red Dots have seen wide use in COIN Ops across FATA and SWAT.
The SSG have M4s and T-56Cs with Red Dots and almost all officers have them mounted on their private ARs.
A procurement of only 2500 units suggests to me that these are only for the SSG.
Doesn't make sense arming every soldier with Red Dots though they may be issued for priority Ops that demand the accuracy allowed by the Red Dot sights.

SSG is already equipped with the Aimpoint Comp M3 Red Dot Sights.

The 2500 units is the first phase of induction for the G3A3 and SMG rifles in use with regular infantry unit. Most certainly Army will but equivalent number of units every year depending on the availability of funds

Sorry! my base knowledge these days seems to be getting rusty with advancing age! Thanks for the corrections. But, please do put some pictures of the red dot sight that India is manufacturing and/ or installing on the Insas Rifle
IA do use some INSAS with red dots but there are not many pics here is one (Carl zewis may be)

army_20111105.jpg

and here our own DRDO made holographic sight

drdosight.png

distracting_ar15_red_dot_front_iron_sight.jpg

and here our insas with infra sights

300px-INSAS_rifle_(Browngirl06).jpg

(this sight was supposed to be the primary sight of INSAS on its induction but this plan was later dropped bcoz of weight issues)

I would like to correct myself here Red dots does'nt give us any serious advantage in long range firing(bcoz of their small magnification of 1x and 1.5x) they just help the soldiers in taking out targets quickly .

I think ACOG should have been a better option for G3A3s.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom