What's new

Reconnaissance and Surveillance helicopters for the Army Aviation Corps (AAC) and the Indian Air For

Desi_Dalek

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
India
India puts out RfI for recce, surveillance helo
Rahul Bedi, New Delhi - IHS Jane's Defence Industry
05 October 2014
http://www.janes.com/article/44115/india-puts-out-rfi-for-recce-surveillance-helo
India's Ministry of Defence (MoD) dispatched a request for information (RfI) on 29 September to local vendors for reconnaissance and surveillance helicopters for the Army Aviation Corps (AAC) and the Indian Air Force (IAF).

The Reconnaissance and Surveillance Helicopter (RSH) RfI, which requires the vendors to respond by 11 November, follows the MoD's 29 August termination of the long-pending Light Utility Helicopter (LUH) tender for 197 imported platforms.

Instead, the MoD opted to locally source around 440 single-engines, 2-2.5 ton platforms under the 'Make and Buy (Indian)' category of its Defence Procurement Procedures (DPP). This approach is in line with the BJP government's policy of indigenously developing and building weapon systems, in order to reduce dependency on imported materiel.

India puts out RfI for recce, surveillance helo - IHS Jane's 360

Which local vendor in India manufactures helicopters?
Is it a JV implication?

Something in the lines of this.

7714e2abf298525638da55f417167780.jpg

I seriously hope HAL delivers on HAL LUH on time, then all our miseries would come to an end:angel::big_boss:

f6c36ca9eff57ce7af308cec14b7a6d5.jpg

I think Indian LUH will be the less in price comparatively, as Dhruv ALH is costly due to its electronics and others simple LUH will be more cheap. Is that true?

I think Indian LUH will be the less in price comparatively, as Dhruv ALH is costly due to its electronics and others simple LUH will be more cheap. Is that true?
HAL Dhruv isn't costly,its costs millions less than its counterparts. HAL LUH will also be cheap,but since Dhruv and LUH are of different catagories,theres no comparison b/w them.

HAL Dhruv isn't costly,its costs millions less than its counterparts. HAL LUH will also be cheap,but since Dhruv and LUH are of different catagories,theres no comparison b/w them.
WHETHER the LUH will have the Electronics and other costly system on Board?
and what would be price?

WHETHER the LUH will have the Electronics and other costly system on Board?
and what would be price?
I don't have an exact cost mate,but for sure It won't be having anything special ,only the usual bunch,like the glass cockpit. Its supposed to replace the Cheetah,so you can guess. Unless for any special variants (something like HAL Cheetah to HAL Lancer),it will be the standard stuff. However,there were reports of Turbomecca asking for more money in the shakti engine. The commonality with Dhruv will bring down the cost anyway.

Back
Top Bottom