What's new

Recent Urban development in Bangladesh

New luxury condo development in Bangladesh - I must say, I'm getting a "Jetsons" vibe with this new design. Our local architects take a back seat to no one !
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paragon By Rancon Developments

Welcome home to Paragon apartments, Dhaka. Our prime location near Gulshan Lake park, enshrouded by luscious flora makes it one of the most exquisite and exciting areas to live in.

Great apartment home living extends beyond your front door. That’s why we’ve crafted our charming community for all lifestyles and include such great features as 24-hour courtesy patrol, opulent lounges, covered parking, gated access, and two high speed elevators for your convenience. We are also proud to offer a generously spacious picnic area with barbecue, state-of-the-art fitness center, concierge and laundry facilities.
  • Project: Residential
  • Number of apartments : 10 nos.
  • Size of apartments: 5000 sft (approximately)
  • Number of basements : 2 nos.
  • Number of car parking spaces: 30 nos.

1652467052635.png

1652467077862.png

1652467095879.png

Clean and Classy- Icon Tower – My Interior Life​

concord-1024x424.png

Located in the epicenter of the Capital’s near Gulshan Lake, the residential complex Icon Tower merges the harmony of luxury and affordability; while promising an iconic lifestyle with the sumptuous interiors which have been meticulously planned with versatile layouts, wide dimensions and finest materials.

1652468075173.png

1652468095804.png

1652468115290.png

1652468149135.png

Last edited:
More from Concord's interior design work portfolio from their recent project "Kabir Tower".

1652487584288.png

1652487804361.png

1652487839430.png

Incorporating a Lightweight Structure – Beximco Learning and Development Center
Abesh Mehjabeen

The Beximco Learning and Development Center, as an extension speaks volumes through its structure and design. The learning and development center is a core part of the Beximco as a company. Hence, for a coherent and organic learning process, the structure has been designed to stimulate higher efficiency, contributing positively to mental and physical well-being; while being aesthetically pleasing to the eyes.
09-Ed-min.jpg

Beximco Pharmaceuticals Limited is one of the most eminent pharmaceutical companies in Bangladesh. Their contribution to the pharmacy sector is immense. Being a thriving company, they have extended their expertise to build a learning and development center. The Beximco Learning and Development Center is an extension project to the existing Beximco Pharmaceuticals Limited Production building. The robust yet light structured establishment was designed by Dehsar Works, by the lead architect, Rashed H. Chowdhury, and his team.

While extending the learning and development center, the design team could not obtain some information on the Beximco Pharmaceuticals Limited production building. As the existing building was an old building, it was difficult to trace the structural members out and after quite a lot of studies, the design team decided to come up with a lightweight structural solution which will rest on the peripheral end of the existing building.

27-min-683x1024.jpg

23-min-683x1024.jpg

Keeping the structure ultra light, as it appears after the completion of the project, has been a driving factor since the inception of the concept.

It gives off an airy feel from the very look of it.
02-3-min-1024x683.jpg

22-min-1024x683.jpg

01-min-1024x683.jpg

The concept of the building has been very strategically executed, keeping several factors in mind. One of the primary concerns of the design team was to incorporate the idea of IEQ, as in, “Indoor Environment Quality”. It deals with the factors of air quality, but also access to daylight and views, pleasant acoustic conditions and occupant control along with lighting and thermal comfort. Just like keeping it light in structure was crucial, so was maintaining these aspects. A competent architectural establishment takes into account more than just the beautified outlook. How a design might affect the mind and body plays a vital role as well. As the site is east-west facing, the amount of heat gain after building the extension may affect the environment of the building. Therefore, in terms of Beximco Learning and Development Center, the team had put an effort to use the daylight in the most benefitting way. To ensure an ambient lighting condition, a light aperture has been incorporated in the roof structure.
The basic function of the project was accommodating the training office, lecture theater, library and archive. The interior is kept minimal to complement the airy architecture. The colour palette is kept neutral, leaning towards white, off-white, black and grey, with pop of reds here and there. The long meeting and office desks, office chairs are off-whites paired with white pendant lights. The lounge area has a combination of white sofas, and mid-century modern lounge chairs, all arranged in sections. Furthermore, the lecture theater consists of rows of desks and chairs, where each desk is set with two chairs.
26-min-1024x683.jpg

35-min-1024x713.jpg

40-min-1024x683.jpg

Since we tend to spend most part of our day at our workplaces, it is very important to ensure a healthy environment.

Ample natural lighting provision has been created to keep our body clock aligned with the environment.

The diurnal light color temperature also helps to improve the health condition of the occupant. Keeping all these factors in mind, the space came into being. The design elements itself helped form the visual language of the project. The structural solution is truly a part of the design expression.

Sanmar Properties in Chittagong is a major RE developer and their newest twin tower condo project is called "Orchard Garden".

Clean and Classy- Icon Tower – My Interior Life​

concord-1024x424.png

Located in the epicenter of the Capital’s near Gulshan Lake, the residential complex Icon Tower merges the harmony of luxury and affordability; while promising an iconic lifestyle with the sumptuous interiors which have been meticulously planned with versatile layouts, wide dimensions and finest materials.

View attachment 843745

View attachment 843746

View attachment 843747

View attachment 843750

Nice interior design. Love the wainscoting panels.

Nice interior design. Love the wainscoting panels.

At 12 crores per condo, those wainscoting features should be gold-plated. Some of my friends are buying these.

Last edited:
Ramna Park (Dhaka's Central Park equivalent) has seen some renovations. Sorry Bengali only.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

নতুন সাজে রাজধানীর ‘ফুসফুস’ রমনা পার্ক
দেলোয়ার হোসেন বাদল, সিনিয়র ফটো করেসপন্ডেন্ট | বাংলানিউজটোয়েন্টিফোর.কম
আপডেট: ১০৫২ ঘণ্টা, এপ্রিল ১০, ২০২২

নতুন সাজে রাজধানীর ‘ফুসফুস’ রমনা পার্ক

ছবি: দেলোয়ার হোসেন বাদল
রাজধানীর ঢাকার ফুসফুস হিসেবে পরিচিত রমনা পার্ক। সতেজ বাতাস ও মনোরম পরিবেশের স্বাদ নিতে সকাল থেকে সন্ধ্যা পর্যন্ত বিশ্রাম নিতে ও ঘুরাঘুরি করতে আসেন দর্শনার্থীরা।

এই রমনা পার্ককে সৌন্দর্যবর্ধনের অংশ হিসেবে নতুন রূপে সাজানো হচ্ছে বিভিন্ন আঙ্গিকে।

রমনা পার্কের মৎস্য ভবনের সামনে ৪ নম্বর গেইট দিয়ে ভেতরে ঢুকতেই চোখে নজর কাড়বে সিরামিক ইটে তৈরি ওয়াকওয়ে। আর বিভিন্ন স্থানে লাগানো হয়েছে বাহারি রঙের ফুলগাছ।
Ramna-photo-story-2563.jpg

আরেকটু ভেতরে গেলেই সুবিস্তীর্ণ লেক। লেকের দুই পাশে হাঁটার জন্য তৈরি করা হয়েছে নতুন রাস্তা। যা রমনাতে এই প্রথম নতুনভাবে সংস্কার করা হলো।

Ramna-photo-story-2573.jpg

লেক খনন করায় পানিতেও ফিরেছে স্বচ্ছতা। বেশি নজর কাড়ে লেকের দুই পারে তৈরি ডেক, যেখানে কাঠের পাটাতনে করা হয়েছে হাঁটার ব্যবস্থা।
Ramna-photo-story-2558.jpg

সিরামিক ইট দিয়ে পার্কের সব ওয়াকওয়ে নির্মাণ ও সংস্কার করা হয়েছে। ময়লা-আবর্জনা ফেলার জন্য পার্কজুড়ে ২২০টি ডাস্টবিন বসানো হয়েছে।
Ramna-photo-story-2566.jpg

এছাড়া বসানো হয়েছে আধুনিক ৯০০টি ল্যাম্পপোস্ট, রমনা পার্কের আধুনিকায়ন কাজে সিমেন্টের বেঞ্চ, চারটি আধুনিক শৌচাগার নির্মাণ ও সংস্কার করা হয়েছে।
Ramna-photo-story-2568.jpg

এছাড়া নানা ধরনের আলোকসজ্জা করা হচ্ছে। লেকের পানিতে পর্যাপ্ত অক্সিজেনের মাত্রা ঠিক রাখতে বসানো হচ্ছে মেশিন। লেকের ময়লা পরিষ্কারের জন্যও বিশেষ ব্যবস্থা রয়েছে।
জানা যায় পার্কের উন্নয়নকাজ প্রায় শেষের দিকে। মে মাসের মধ্যেই পুরো কাজ শেষ হবে। আগামী জুনে প্রকল্পের মেয়াদ শেষে ওয়াকওয়ে উদ্বোধন করা হবে।
Ramna-photo-story-2562.jpg

সরেজমিন দেখা যায়, স্বাস্থ্য সচেতন অনেকে সকাল থেকেই রমনা পার্কে চলে এসেছেন। নির্মল হাওয়ায় ব্যায়াম করছেন, কেউ হাঁটছেন, কেউ দৌড়াচ্ছেন। কেউ একা, কেউ স্বজনদের নিয়ে, কেউ আবার বিভিন্ন সংঘের হয়ে দলবদ্ধভাবে ব্যায়ামে ব্যস্ত।
Ramna-photo-story-2567.jpg

কাজের মধ্যে শিশু কর্নার সংস্কারের কাজটি শুধু বাকি রয়েছ। কিছুদিনের মধ্যেই চীন থেকে শিশু কর্নারে খেলাধুলা ও বিনোদনের নানা সামগ্রী আনা হবে। পার্কের ভেতরে নার্সারিগুলোকেও সংস্কার করা হয়েছে।
Ramna-photo-story-2564.jpg

পার্কে আসা লোকজনের সঙ্গে কথা বলে জানা যায়, আগের মতো পার্কের ভেতর বখাটেদের উৎপাত নেই, ভিক্ষুকদেরও প্রবেশ করতে দেওয়া হয় না। তবে ফাঁকি দিয়ে দেয়াল টপকে কিছু কিছু ভবঘুরে ভেতরে চলে আসে। যা দর্শনার্থীদের ভয়ের কারণ হয়ে দাঁড়ায়।
Ramna-photo-story-2571.jpg

এ বিষয়ে দায়িত্বরত আনসার সদস্যরা বলেন, আমরা সবসময় নিরাপত্তার জন্য সজাগ আছি। কোনো রকম অনাকাঙ্ক্ষিত ঘটনা যাতে না ঘটে সেজন্য সচেষ্ট থাকবো।

Attachments

• 1652946587329.png
    1652946587329.png
    559.2 KB · Views: 30
At 12 crores per condo, those wainscoting features should be gold-plated. Some of my friends are buying these.

12 Koti? They have gone nuts :crazy:

I wonder if the walls are concrete as it's normal in BD or Gyprock type plaster walls as it's common in US and Aus; I have got it done in my house here in Aus. If it's concrete then I wonder how they fixed those wainscoting panels and the skirting boards.

Last edited:
12 Koti? They have gone nuts :crazy:

I wonder if the walls are concrete as it's normal in BD or Gyprock type plaster walls as it's common in US and Aus; I have got it done in my house here in Aus. If it's concrete then I wonder how they fixed those wainscoting panels and the skirting boards.

GypRock (called Drywall in the US) is now used in internal walls in Bangladesh. The interior designer companies use it all the time.

You can use construction adhesive to fix things to concrete walls. They come in tubes, which is available in Bangladesh.

Some ceramic/porcelainware outlets in Dhaka. Always a good bet to get when overseas people visit Dhaka a the price/quality ratio is hard to beat.

Back
Top Bottom