What's new

Reasons for terrorism in India

Pk_Thunder

Reaction score
Reasons for terrorism in India

By Mamoona Ali Kazmi

Voicing concern over the threats posed by indigenous terror groups recently, Home Minister P. Chidambaram has said: “They are no longer fledgling outfits, but are experts in assembling and transporting bombs. The threat from them is pretty high.”

India has long suffered violence from extremist attacks based on separatists and secessionist movements, as well as ideological disagreements. The precise number of groups orchestrating attacks in India is hard to ascertain because of the splintering movements, but the country faces violence perpetrated by dozen of extremist groups.
Over the past five decades, it has been up against three different types of militancy: Left-wing extremists, separatists and religious. The left-wing extremist groups that have engaged in terrorist activity include the People’s Guerrilla Army (PGA), People’s War Group (PWG), Maoist Communist Centre (MCC), Communist Party of India (Maoist) and Communist Party of India (Janashakti). The separatists groups are engaged in northeast India, Punjab and the Indian held Kashmir (IHK). In Assam, there are at least 35 known separatist groups. In Manipur, there is the People’s Liberation Army. In Meghalaya, there is the People’s Liberation Front of Meghalaya. Nagaland has at least three known insurgent entities; Punjab has 12; Tripura has 30; and Mizoram has 2. Then there is the Arunachal Dragon Force (ADF) in Arunachal Pradesh.
Apart from these, a new source of terrorism involving a radical Hindu fringe is also emerging in India; there is no doubt that hate against the Muslim minority in India has led to this type of terrorism. The Hindu extremist parties, including Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP) and Bajrang Dal, want the ‘majoritarian transformation’ of India, whereby the primacy of just one community (Hindu) can be asserted over all the others. In other words, it was this agenda of extremist Hindus, which allowed them to engage in violent activities. They want India to be a full-fledged Hindu state with the superiority of Hindus over other communities. For this purpose, they usually employ three techniques: Banish all minorities out of India; or force them to convert into Hinduism; and if they do not accept these two conditions, then kill them to purge Bharat of the people other than the Hindus. Thus, all the dedicated Hindus are following these lines. In Assam, there is an ongoing campaign to label all the Bengali speaking people as ‘foreigners’ in order to throw them out of India. Similarly, the movement of forced conversion to Hinduism is going on in different states such as Gujarat, Orissa and Karnataka. For instance, recently Hindus forced the people of Orissa and Karnataka to either convert to Hinduism or leave the Indian States. The third tactic of killing the minorities in case of dissent to the two other techniques is going on. Hindus from time to time had arranged the massacre of Muslims and Christians in different states. Since 1993, the Bajrang Dal cadre has been involved in bomb making; they were arrested in Madhya Pradesh in the same year and now there are cases from as far as Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra. Bal Thackeray, in the group’s weekly magazine named Prabodhan, wrote: “The Hindus should defend themselves from Islamist attacks by forming their own squads of suicide bombers.”

In addition, the Naxal violence is escalating with each passing day. More than 5,000 people have died in Maoist-related violence since 2005. The Naxal/Maoist challenge has become so serious that Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh described the menace as “the single most serious internal security threat to the unity of the country.” Of the 600-odd administrative districts, nearly one-third were in the grip of Maoists. West Bengal, Orissa, Karnataka, Bihar, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh and even Maharashtra together constitute what is known as the Red Corridor. The writ of the armed guerrillas runs in large parts of these states, especially in the remote forests and very poor rural areas. Therefore, the rise in the Naxal violence is a clear indication of the growing sense of alienation and oppression that has left a large section of the rural population systematically marginalised. Poverty, lack of land reforms, caste discrimination and oppression, and injustice have led the poor tribals to go berserk against the powers that be.

In the same vein, there are Muslims’ groups fighting against the discrimination faced by their community. The Indian mujahideen is described by the global intelligence firm called Stratfor as “a relatively amateurish group that has been able to carry out low to medium intensity attacks.” The members are mostly local Muslims. The group first emerged during a wave of bombings in north India in 2007; it has since then claimed the responsibility for bomb attacks in Jaipur, Bangalore, Ahmadabad and New Delhi. The last attack they claimed was in 2010 in the western city of Pune, where a bomb blast at a tourist spot killed nine people. The demands of the Indian mujahideen, like some other groups in the country, have tended to be domestic. The group has declared an “open war against India” accusing the army of killing thousands of Muslims in Kashmir and also directing its ire at the Mumbai Police Anti-Terrorist Squad charging it of harassing the Muslims minority.
India is in a big mess; its internal decay is advancing at an alarming pace. The government's authority is being challenged by the extremist forces, which have become more assertive and are able to impose their will on the State. Truly, these problems and threats are of absolutely indigenous nature. The country’s security agencies have failed to evolve a clear and comprehensive strategy to combat homegrown terrorism. So, instead of blaming Pakistan for every ill that takes place in India, New Delhi should take steps to tackle terrorism in an efficient manner. Also, it is foolish to think that a country, with diverse cultures, many separatist movements and extremist Hindus, has terror threats only from Pakistan and not from within.

Hindu word came 14 times in this whole rant!!!!!!!!!

Every time hindus were evil.

Typical.

It only makes Pakistani hate for Hindus (and by extension Buddhists and Sikhs) more and more evident. Why bother? Religious obsession is what made you and now it is tearing you apart. :coffee:.

A very good article for Pakistanis.Must read i say! The problem you are going through you need to read these types of articles in the morning with a cup of tea to make your day.

Sir,
with due regards and respect i would like to tell you that your article was "full of BUGS" and to be true "VAGUE" and "disguising" and hence more or less FALSE..
Some of them which I find a little bit too contradicting are as follows:
1.First of all, there is something you have written about like PWG or PGA (whatever) now to your kind knowledge i would like to tell you that these groups are far from being active, and you have used the word "are" which should and must be changed to "were".PWG & PGA has merged with CPI in 2004.
Belive me, I have been living in your so called "NAXALISM" affected area and by your standards and guesses(of how hyped you show India's problems) I should have been dead by now...Interestingly,i am very much alive..
2. I think it is still not clear to you that its NOT "India Held Kashmir(IHK)" its officially known as "Indian Administered Kashmir".
- "by most neutral sources".
3.Did you use the word minority muslims.... Well let me tell you one thing we here, do not consider any religion minority(I dont know about your standards).How about this: we have in total 160.9 million Muslim people here (thats very close to your total population)... and still if you consider them Minority then that's not my fault...
4.Fourthly, whatever Bal Thackray dungs from his ****** mouth is not a matter of concern to almost all the considerate and sensible people of India(every Indian is considerate and sensible excluding the few).
5.Naxalism is OUR internal problem. Now, being an independent nation I do not see why you are giving us a lecture on it...
and I dont care reading the latter part because something which is "FALSE" is next to "WASTING TIME" and i have had enough of wasting my time....
LOVE

Pakistani source, by a Pakistani talking about terrorism in India. Irony much?

We Indians dont feel he is in a position to talk about terrorism in India and the article is rubbish.

Nice article, true picture of terrorism.

Pakistani source, by a Pakistani talking about terrorism in India. Irony much?

We Indians dont feel he is in a position to talk about terrorism in India and the article is rubbish.

i am sorry i disagree . after all who knows their children best ? Parents. know what i mean?

I started reading after few lines only i realised it's Pakistan Source. Hence, Stopped reading and as usual useless crap article. Give a Break!!

^^ You people are interested in 'sources' rather than truth or reality? Come out from denial....

Oooh i understand that why do you accept each and every thing of Uncle sam. Good for you..

^^ You people are interested in 'sources' rather than truth or reality? Come out from denial....

Oooh i understand that why do you accept each and every thing of Uncle sam. Good for you..[/QUOTE]

We dont accept each and evrything of uncle sam ! Hell, we even said no to thier F35 !

Would you believe a Indian source on Pakistani terrorism ??

Back
Top Bottom