What's new

Real war Between Pakistan and India

No sorry I am out of such Scenarios,my time is over here, last time I was insulted to smoke canabis in germany ! But some good news for you, I will join next year the german panzergrenadier reserve force, will conduct every 3 month 5-10 exercises ! I am back in the game ! Enough sitting at home and becoming fat and old !
I also get a lot of criticism, so does every poster who speaks his mind, its upto you Mate. Good to know that you will get military training and exposure, keep it up.

I also get a lot of criticism, so does every poster who speaks his mind, its upto you Mate. Good to know that you will get military training and exposure, keep it up.

At Weekend I will reply to such topics, keep on tagging me , at the moment a I have every day nightshift, thx for your support ! Take care !

Pakistan's strategy must be to somehow drag China into the war.The establisment should leave Chinese-funded infrastructure with minimum security so as to invite India to bomb it,and hope for Chinese to come to their rescue.
Or just provide China with a naval base at Gwadar,that will definitely do the job but will permanently piss off the Americans

Chill us Subcontinent Folks are all pump and show with "56 Inch ki chaati" and "Mard e Momin" Rants.
They ain't fighting a war any time soon trust me. Best they can manage is insurgencies in each other countries or worse short skirmishes. Neither country holds sizable advantage to completely neutralize other like India had in east Pakistan. So until that happen when success is 101% Guaranteed these people wont go to war. :yay:

How about "Real Peace" talks?.... benefits of Peace to the people of India, Pakistan and Beyond in the region. Less killings, less military expenditures, trade, sports, people to people interactions, cheap vegetables, less outer interference, more budget for health and education...

How about "Real Peace" talks?.... benefits of Peace to the people of India, Pakistan and Beyond in the region. Less killings, less military expenditures, trade, sports, people to people interactions, cheap vegetables, less outer interference, more budget for health and education...
Accept status quo and move on. Wait.. Politicians have to work and people will start asking them for being accountable... AAAhhhh no no.. lets us continue to sell hatred:police:

Accept status quo and move on. Wait.. Politicians have to work and people will start asking them for being accountable... AAAhhhh no no.. lets us continue to sell hatred:police:

Yes! before someone accuse you of being "on payroll" status quo is merely peace of mind.. less questions, uniform... and yes "hatred" the fastest selling commodity particularly in south Asia... yes.. let us carry on and see on page 500 people will lose interest after nuking each other Pakistan will be destroyed and India will still be having 20% land :lol::lol:

For any next conflict, Pakistan doesnt need to expand Army.
PAF is 50/50 capable of doing that at the moment, at the cost of compromising PAF activity in other sectors of war. Secondly, there is no air borne/ air assault formation that can land on air ports and capture them. There is a shortage of helicopters, which are a must to move quickly to capture peaks and strategic points in Mountains and valleys and cross roads and air ports.
An aircraft is more powerful than an MBT or even a regiment of MBT's. The amount of damage in a minimal time that an aircraft can do over and over again, a ground formation can never do that. Mastan Khan (i wont tag him otherwise he will start abusing PAF, lol) keeps pointing towards heavier aircraft, yes they are needed, but not necessarily for deep strikes as he envisions. I have rarely seen F-16 or JF-17 without a fuel tank. These light and medium aircrafts have limitations. Heavier aircrafts give lots of flexibility. Heavy payload for multiple roles in a single sortie is something that F-16 even cannot give. They maybe costly to operate but their presence is a game changer.

Mandatory conscription in areas adversely effected by terrorism can have social impact too and help tackle radicalization and bring a sense of nationalism,This besides education in waziristan could help bring a period of enlightenment without which tribalism cannot be defeated.

PAF doesn't need to do anything fancy ,We've built a world class airforce with all our limitations, The people in PAF are some of the most capable people , I wouldn't mistrust their leadership over ---------------- Car mechanic turned amateur pilot----------- :enjoy:
That's Good enough for PAF ,PA is looking into mobility for a reason across various platforms, Helicopters are being procured ,Turkish is a liability but Z-10's would be good option in my opinion.

Peace talks by Who? Leaders caught in corruption or those blindly obsessing about the chair?

Last edited by a moderator:
Taking war on enemy land is PA's best bet. Most Garrisons are close to the border.

War can be taken to Indian territory when there is a clear initiative in mind and a thorough follow up plan. For example, its not just about capturing a piece of land. The factors to be considered are if its just a cross road, a town, a strategic bridge or peak etc. Most importantly what is the next plan in place after capturing that point, is it to defended till the end of the conflict or is it a jumping point to continue an offensive towards a certain direction. The closer the captured point is to Pakistan border, the shorter will be supply route and ease in defending that point through timely reinforcements.

Previously, if one regiment has captured a certain area, that regiment was expected to hold the point indefinitely. This caused mass useless casualties. Imagine a point held by FF regiment 700 troops and enemy attacks that point with a brigade sized 2500-3500 troops, it will have following impacts:
1. The FF regiment may get surrounded from at least 3 sides.
2. The casualty rate will be high as its a 1:4 scenario approx.
3. Enemy can keep harassing the regiment wit h a brigade sized strength.
4. The regiment will need to retreat after it loses around 33% of troops, which doesn't usually happen because they fight to last man, still it depends. This is why we hear the whole posts were wiped out.
5. After retreat the regiment will become useless for the rest of the war unless reinforced.

Now a brigade vs brigade scenario will be very different. To counter a brigade, enemy may need to bring in 2 brigades or a whole division.

IMO, maneuvering an armoured division is not the core strength of any sub-continent general be it India or Pakistan. Imagine maneuvering a Strike Corps of armoured and mechanised divisions. Last time IA tried it in 2001/2 and we saw the result. Then the CSD was born, which is actually multiple brigade-sized groups attacking at various points till the IA Strike Corps gets into motion. The armour in sub continent is not used the way it should be.

PA strength is the 1st Armoured division with T-80 UD. This MBT has good armour, gun and range. The 6th Armoured is equipped with AZ. It packs a good punch and can take on any IA MBT with its main gun, but its a smaller tank no matter how much its modified. Its engine power and range will remain less. AK is deployed in armoured brigades in V-Corps. To make an impact, it should be fully inducted in an armoured division.

Next issue, PA armoured division is smaller than IA armoured Division. Why? many reasons. Ease of logistics for a 5-regiment division instead of a 7 or 9 regiment division, which means division requires less artillery, less air defence, less Supply and Transport assets. That's almost 220 MBT, 54 SP Artillery guns, 54 SP Air defence systems. The infantry is provided through sister Mechanised division, which has 50 APC in at least 6 of its 9 regiments, giving minimum support of 300 APC's. Rest of regiments can be completely motorised if not mechanised.

Now dont think that PA will send 220 MBT, 300 APC and rest of entourage in battle. PA and IA both will save these assets (armoured divisions) for god knows what last level skirmish they expect. usually the war will end before these are even used !!! They will both use Brigade level armoured troops for initial thrusts. Lets look at PA IABG's

The IABG (independent armoured brigade group) has 2 armoured regiments, 1 mechanised regiment plus 1 artillery and AD regiment either permanently attached or from its parent Corps HQ. Thats 88 MBT, 50 APC, 18 Arty and 18 AD. In some cases, there are more armoured regiments also. PA V-Corps armoured brigades are a mystery, it can have even 3-4 armoured regiments.

This is why we saw the acquisition figure of 320 T-80 and talk of 300 MBT's of T-99 and even Ak at one stage. 220 MBT equip a division and further 88 equip another independent brigade, totalling a little above 300 MBT.

So how will PA IABG's and IA CSD BG's will be used ?
Initial thrusts into enemy territory or countering each other. Wherever IA is poised to use a CSD BG, PA has already put an IABG. So PA IABG leads the attack, followed by an infantry division. IABG dislodges the enemy from a location, the infantry division following IABG, then captures and defends the area.
Secondly, to offset and harass enemy armoured division or any other enemy infantry division. Once the brigade gets mauled through continuous operations, PA or IA will induct it in any armoured division to support the divisions operations later in the conflict and the brigades usefulness as an independent formation will be ceased.
e.g. 8th IABG operates closely with 6th Armoured Division.

Punjab yes, even northern punjab, but not in kashmir.

For blitzkrieg style, Pakistan needs a very strong AF, which PAF isnt. Its strong enough to defend own skies but its not strong enough to send jets across border in all theatres for PA support. As soon as PAF starts to lose aircrafts, it will put even strike aircraft on AD duty in own skies and supporting PA troops will end abruptly.

For any next conflict, Pakistan doesnt need to expand Army. An aircraft is more powerful than an MBT or even a regiment of MBT's. The amount of damage in a minimal time that an aircraft can do over and over again, a ground formation can never do that. Mastan Khan (i wont tag him otherwise he will start abusing PAF, lol) keeps pointing towards heavier aircraft, yes they are needed, but not necessarily for deep strikes as he envisions. I have rarely seen F-16 or JF-17 without a fuel tank. These light and medium aircrafts have limitations. Heavier aircrafts give lots of flexibility. Heavy payload for multiple roles in a single sortie is something that F-16 even cannot give. They maybe costly to operate but their presence is a game changer.

PAF has 76 F-16, 84 JF-17, 33 Mirage ROSE for AD and 34 Mirage ROSE for strike. These are all the capable aircrafts that PAF has at the moment. Will PAF sacrifice own AD ops and strike ops for PA support roles? i doubt it. To cater numbers even the trainer FT-5 (Mig-17 copy) is fitted with Aim-9 for AD role. MFI-17 and K-8 are armed for A2A and A2G role also, but they wont survive in a fast paced Air battle.

PAF needs another two types of aircrafts currently atleast to lift the burden from F-16 and Mirage for strike role. One type or aircraft for Air superiority role like J-10C or J-11 and another for dedicated strike role like J-16 or SU34. Even if strike role aircraft number is kept 50, the air superiority role aircraft has to reach 80-100 numbers.

Its a very risky business for PA. IA has lots of reinforcement in the form of BSF as well as IA forces at China border can be shifted here plus IA can air lift troops from southern and eastern IA formations and land at airports in J&K. There is no way that IA will let go of Kashmir easily.

PA can spearhead a thrust from sialkot towards Kathua or Pathankot to protect the flanks of any PA formation which is moving towards Jammu or Akhnur. Even if Jammu or Akhnur is captured, what will be next? a move north towards Udhampur/Anantnag/Srinagar, by that time war will be over.

The PA troops are all infantry formations, which makes sense but the conflict of J&K requires quick movement of troops and assets in mountain warfare. PA doesnt have an airborne/air assault infantry formation, just SF. What PA needs to do is to capture air ports and then start unloading troops from C-130's on these air ports for a quick capture of main J&K cities and deny IA from these airports. This will even resistance for PA troops advancing on foot or single lane roads leading up towards J&K. These mountain trails and single roads will never let PA make gains in J&K. They can only help capture some points like Kargil and constantly harass IA but wont help in capturing J&K. For all this Pakistan will need air superiority for atleast 12 hours over J&K skies and PAF is 50/50 capable of doing that at the moment, at the cost of compromising PAF activity in other sectors of war. Secondly, there is no air borne/ air assault formation that can land on air ports and capture them. There is a shortage of helicopters, which are a must to move quickly to capture peaks and strategic points in Mountains and valleys and cross roads and air ports.

A brigade sized AIr assault force would require 140 Mi-17 atleast for a Brigade sized operation, otherwise PA will lift one battalion at a time with a hand ful of helicopters which means that PAF will get the burden to maintain air superiority over that sector for maybe 24-36 hours for the brigade sized operation to complete. Expect a lot of casualties in men and material. If the air ports are captured and the advancing ground force cannot connect with air assault force in next 12-24 hours, the ammunition may deplete and force may need to surrender or fight to last man. the advancing ground force will need to bring supplies and ammunition for the air assault force so the supply lines will be needed to kept intact at all times. Air superiority will be required so enemy doednt air drop troops to cut supply lines or encircle advancing force. Flanks will need to be protected so enemy ground force doesnt cause damage as the air ports are located well inside J&K like Srinagar. Its doable but its very risky and requires a lot of men and material, especially expansion of PAF.

@Ulla
A great read sir, thanks for your time and thoughts . I am not a fan boy so I will not criticize ,lol. I fully agree we need better and more eqm , in short we are in need of massive up gradations. And PAF is in very bad position , I once said the same that PAF will not be able to support our Army in any way (defensive or offensive) and fan-boys attacked me lol.

I will only add few points here,
For PAF,
We need to replace our Mirages ASAP, for that we can have Medium J-10 or even a heavy like J-11 , 100 of the will do great (we have time to build numbers , 10 birds a year will bring numbers to 100 in 10 years) .
For air superiority we can go for EFT or SU-35 , both are expensive but EFT will bring extra advantages, again we can take time to build numbers.
JF-17 all blocks are here to bring down number gap and to counter IAF's migs , jags , m2ks at max they are not here for SU-30s or RAFs,,, I don't know why people forget JF-17 spouse to replace F-6s and F-7s. Fan-boys turned it into something that it was not.
For Army,
Up to my knowledge PA wants or need (at least they are thinking for conventional way of war) 2000+ tanks and other Armour eqm like IFVs , AFVs and APCs.
My wish list is , We need one more new CORP for mountain warfare (in Kashmir) , with full modern eqm that they need strength 100,000 minimum.
Then we have to upgrade our Lahore and Gujranwala Corprs , more and better tanks , ifvs , afvs , logistics , we have to make them proper attacking force then use them in defence .
And about our 2 strike corps ,again we need heavy up gradation , better tanks (T-80uds are great for one but we need heavy tank in range of 55+t for other), IFVs , AFVs, APCs, SPGs, MLRS, AirDefence Units, logistics , helis(attack and transport) etc.
Sir as you mention Indians par forces , I will also like to add ,we have to upgrade our Rangers , more numbers , better training , advance eqm , helis , logistics etc. Just like our FC , that will provide great help in holding any land that PA take from enemy, few units from Army with Rangers or FC units can hold that land. Means less pressure on Army.

perhaps this will be a start

Subs in Pakistan Navy are looked as some obsolete junk, ready to be sunk.
That is entirely false,1971 war proved that only 1 sub can buy you enough time to sit out a naval blockade,Furthermore in 1971 Pakistan's entire navy was incapacitated first and foremost before a blockade took place.
We also have to understand our Navy in 1971 was nothing more than comprising of 2-3 submarines and some surface vessels.

Similarly if war breaks out today ,Pakistan's navy is fully capable of defending not just our shores but taking the fight to the enemy.
PN will not sit out defending our shores ,Sub's provide offensive naval capability hence when war breaks out today.
The first thing will be to deny the formation of a CBG in Indian ocean ,This would be a likely strategy by PN in my opinion.
Who knows the same sub's that are being written off can sink a whole battle group,Electronics on-board ships might or might not detect the submarines at which point many other variables also come into play.
Any analysis is entirely fictitious no matter how much minuscule details are added to it, In the end human error can never be taken into effect.
Anyways ,We need a completely offensive strategy against India,That is the best defense.

I suggest to go to other simulations as well before jumping to conclusions , PN and PAF is in a bad shape (other than patriotism) the rational suggests other wise on the other hand its an eye opener as well and we need to develop capabilities ,frankly as Pakistani i find the simulation little upset but in terms of millitary point of view many points are correct .
Subs in Pakistan Navy are looked as some obsolete junk, ready to be sunk.
That is entirely false,1971 war proved that only 1 sub can buy you enough time to sit out a naval blockade,Furthermore in 1971 Pakistan's entire navy was incapacitated first and foremost before a blockade took place.
We also have to understand our Navy in 1971 was nothing more than comprising of 2-3 submarines and some surface vessels.

Similarly if war breaks out today ,Pakistan's navy is fully capable of defending not just our shores but taking the fight to the enemy.
PN will not sit out defending our shores ,Sub's provide offensive naval capability hence when war breaks out today.
The first thing will be to deny the formation of a CBG in Indian ocean ,This would be a likely strategy by PN in my opinion.
Who knows the same sub's that are being written off can sink a whole battle group,Electronics on-board ships might or might not detect the submarines at which point many other variables also come into play.
Any analysis is entirely fictitious no matter how much minuscule details are added to it, In the end human error can never be taken into effect.
Anyways ,We need a completely offensive strategy against India,That is the best defense.

S-
Taking war on enemy land is PA's best bet. Most Garrisons are close to the border.

War can be taken to Indian territory when there is a clear initiative in mind and a thorough follow up plan. For example, its not just about capturing a piece of land. The factors to be considered are if its just a cross road, a town, a strategic bridge or peak etc. Most importantly what is the next plan in place after capturing that point, is it to defended till the end of the conflict or is it a jumping point to continue an offensive towards a certain direction. The closer the captured point is to Pakistan border, the shorter will be supply route and ease in defending that point through timely reinforcements.

Previously, if one regiment has captured a certain area, that regiment was expected to hold the point indefinitely. This caused mass useless casualties. Imagine a point held by FF regiment 700 troops and enemy attacks that point with a brigade sized 2500-3500 troops, it will have following impacts:
1. The FF regiment may get surrounded from at least 3 sides.
2. The casualty rate will be high as its a 1:4 scenario approx.
3. Enemy can keep harassing the regiment wit h a brigade sized strength.
4. The regiment will need to retreat after it loses around 33% of troops, which doesn't usually happen because they fight to last man, still it depends. This is why we hear the whole posts were wiped out.
5. After retreat the regiment will become useless for the rest of the war unless reinforced.

Now a brigade vs brigade scenario will be very different. To counter a brigade, enemy may need to bring in 2 brigades or a whole division.

IMO, maneuvering an armoured division is not the core strength of any sub-continent general be it India or Pakistan. Imagine maneuvering a Strike Corps of armoured and mechanised divisions. Last time IA tried it in 2001/2 and we saw the result. Then the CSD was born, which is actually multiple brigade-sized groups attacking at various points till the IA Strike Corps gets into motion. The armour in sub continent is not used the way it should be.

PA strength is the 1st Armoured division with T-80 UD. This MBT has good armour, gun and range. The 6th Armoured is equipped with AZ. It packs a good punch and can take on any IA MBT with its main gun, but its a smaller tank no matter how much its modified. Its engine power and range will remain less. AK is deployed in armoured brigades in V-Corps. To make an impact, it should be fully inducted in an armoured division.

Next issue, PA armoured division is smaller than IA armoured Division. Why? many reasons. Ease of logistics for a 5-regiment division instead of a 7 or 9 regiment division, which means division requires less artillery, less air defence, less Supply and Transport assets. That's almost 220 MBT, 54 SP Artillery guns, 54 SP Air defence systems. The infantry is provided through sister Mechanised division, which has 50 APC in at least 6 of its 9 regiments, giving minimum support of 300 APC's. Rest of regiments can be completely motorised if not mechanised.

Now dont think that PA will send 220 MBT, 300 APC and rest of entourage in battle. PA and IA both will save these assets (armoured divisions) for god knows what last level skirmish they expect. usually the war will end before these are even used !!! They will both use Brigade level armoured troops for initial thrusts. Lets look at PA IABG's

The IABG (independent armoured brigade group) has 2 armoured regiments, 1 mechanised regiment plus 1 artillery and AD regiment either permanently attached or from its parent Corps HQ. Thats 88 MBT, 50 APC, 18 Arty and 18 AD. In some cases, there are more armoured regiments also. PA V-Corps armoured brigades are a mystery, it can have even 3-4 armoured regiments.

This is why we saw the acquisition figure of 320 T-80 and talk of 300 MBT's of T-99 and even Ak at one stage. 220 MBT equip a division and further 88 equip another independent brigade, totalling a little above 300 MBT.

So how will PA IABG's and IA CSD BG's will be used ?
Initial thrusts into enemy territory or countering each other. Wherever IA is poised to use a CSD BG, PA has already put an IABG. So PA IABG leads the attack, followed by an infantry division. IABG dislodges the enemy from a location, the infantry division following IABG, then captures and defends the area.
Secondly, to offset and harass enemy armoured division or any other enemy infantry division. Once the brigade gets mauled through continuous operations, PA or IA will induct it in any armoured division to support the divisions operations later in the conflict and the brigades usefulness as an independent formation will be ceased.
e.g. 8th IABG operates closely with 6th Armoured Division.

Punjab yes, even northern punjab, but not in kashmir.

For blitzkrieg style, Pakistan needs a very strong AF, which PAF isnt. Its strong enough to defend own skies but its not strong enough to send jets across border in all theatres for PA support. As soon as PAF starts to lose aircrafts, it will put even strike aircraft on AD duty in own skies and supporting PA troops will end abruptly.

For any next conflict, Pakistan doesnt need to expand Army. An aircraft is more powerful than an MBT or even a regiment of MBT's. The amount of damage in a minimal time that an aircraft can do over and over again, a ground formation can never do that. Mastan Khan (i wont tag him otherwise he will start abusing PAF, lol) keeps pointing towards heavier aircraft, yes they are needed, but not necessarily for deep strikes as he envisions. I have rarely seen F-16 or JF-17 without a fuel tank. These light and medium aircrafts have limitations. Heavier aircrafts give lots of flexibility. Heavy payload for multiple roles in a single sortie is something that F-16 even cannot give. They maybe costly to operate but their presence is a game changer.

PAF has 76 F-16, 84 JF-17, 33 Mirage ROSE for AD and 34 Mirage ROSE for strike. These are all the capable aircrafts that PAF has at the moment. Will PAF sacrifice own AD ops and strike ops for PA support roles? i doubt it. To cater numbers even the trainer FT-5 (Mig-17 copy) is fitted with Aim-9 for AD role. MFI-17 and K-8 are armed for A2A and A2G role also, but they wont survive in a fast paced Air battle.

PAF needs another two types of aircrafts currently atleast to lift the burden from F-16 and Mirage for strike role. One type or aircraft for Air superiority role like J-10C or J-11 and another for dedicated strike role like J-16 or SU34. Even if strike role aircraft number is kept 50, the air superiority role aircraft has to reach 80-100 numbers.

Its a very risky business for PA. IA has lots of reinforcement in the form of BSF as well as IA forces at China border can be shifted here plus IA can air lift troops from southern and eastern IA formations and land at airports in J&K. There is no way that IA will let go of Kashmir easily.

PA can spearhead a thrust from sialkot towards Kathua or Pathankot to protect the flanks of any PA formation which is moving towards Jammu or Akhnur. Even if Jammu or Akhnur is captured, what will be next? a move north towards Udhampur/Anantnag/Srinagar, by that time war will be over.

The PA troops are all infantry formations, which makes sense but the conflict of J&K requires quick movement of troops and assets in mountain warfare. PA doesnt have an airborne/air assault infantry formation, just SF. What PA needs to do is to capture air ports and then start unloading troops from C-130's on these air ports for a quick capture of main J&K cities and deny IA from these airports. This will even resistance for PA troops advancing on foot or single lane roads leading up towards J&K. These mountain trails and single roads will never let PA make gains in J&K. They can only help capture some points like Kargil and constantly harass IA but wont help in capturing J&K. For all this Pakistan will need air superiority for atleast 12 hours over J&K skies and PAF is 50/50 capable of doing that at the moment, at the cost of compromising PAF activity in other sectors of war. Secondly, there is no air borne/ air assault formation that can land on air ports and capture them. There is a shortage of helicopters, which are a must to move quickly to capture peaks and strategic points in Mountains and valleys and cross roads and air ports.

A brigade sized AIr assault force would require 140 Mi-17 atleast for a Brigade sized operation, otherwise PA will lift one battalion at a time with a hand ful of helicopters which means that PAF will get the burden to maintain air superiority over that sector for maybe 24-36 hours for the brigade sized operation to complete. Expect a lot of casualties in men and material. If the air ports are captured and the advancing ground force cannot connect with air assault force in next 12-24 hours, the ammunition may deplete and force may need to surrender or fight to last man. the advancing ground force will need to bring supplies and ammunition for the air assault force so the supply lines will be needed to kept intact at all times. Air superiority will be required so enemy doednt air drop troops to cut supply lines or encircle advancing force. Flanks will need to be protected so enemy ground force does not cause damage as the air ports are located well inside J&K like Srinagar. It's doable but its very risky and requires a lot of men and material, especially expansion of PAF.

@Ulla

Bleed out the bulk of Indian Army on the ground
For any large-scale successful offensive operation on Indian territory, Pakistan needs the offensive equipment and Military Size, which is not actually the case for our Army, Navy and Air Force. That does not mean that we are weak or not capable to conduct any offensive operation on Indian territory, it is possible but under specific conditions. When you study the past history from WW2 to US-Vietnam war you will notice that little defending armies were capable to gain politically and military victory over an overwhelming Force how is that possible?

Both Pakistan-Indian major wars 1965 and 1971 have shown Indias object is and was to capture large cities in Punjab:"the Indian Army’s (IA) expected shallow-depth land offensives that could be launched from southern J & K and northern Punjab through the Chicken’s Neck and Shakargarh Bulge area"

Pakistan could use that on the other hand to:"transform Pakistan’s semi-urban and rural areas bordering India’s Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab and Rajasthan states into impregnable fortresses for the sake of blunting the Indian Army’s (IA)" Big Cities can provide excellent coverage to Pakistani Anti-Tank Brigades, Air Defences Brigades (equipped with Manpads) and heavy Infantry Brigades (equipped with light Mortars 60mm-120mm, 12.7mm Dshk Guns, RPG-7, etc). Such Cities are not a terrain where Indian General would like to send in the mass of the BMPs and T-90s, its wise to let do the job from the Infantry (of course in combination with Artillery, Tanks, and Airpower). To conquer such Cities in Punjab will take a lot of time and resources to the Indian Army, on the other hand, they can just ignore such fortress full of Pakistani Infantry Brigades and drive them out, the Pakistani Infantry Brigades would cut their supply routes or attack the Indian offensive formations from behind. In such a Stalingrad warfare the Pakistan Army would clearly have the upper hand.

Conventional Rocket warfare like Hizbollah or Hitlers V-1-2 rain over London:

Pakistan Must use his older rocket arsenal to target Indian Airforce and Military Bases:

This arsenal could be the Ghauri series, Ghazvani series and the Abdali series, fired at the same time and in big numbers it will create havoc in the Indian Military.

This is only a short and general scenario, way to show how the bulk of Indian Forces must be bundled before we can think or start any offensive on Indian territory, offensive and defensive must be conducted at the same time, while in the offensive operation Pakistan Military must try to bleed out the Indian Army on the ground, the Navan air warfare is another Chapter.

Last edited:

The most vulnerable area for Indian CSD assault is South Punjab and this area will receive most attention. This includes raising independent Al-Khalid 1 brigades, with appropriate support of artillery, mechanized infantry, anti-tank regiments, army air defence and army aviation.

Both Pakistan-Indian major wars 1965 and 1971 have shown Indias object is and was to capture large cities in Punjab:"the Indian Army’s (IA) expected shallow-depth land offensives that could be launched from southern J & K and northern Punjab through the Chicken’s Neck and Shakargarh Bulge area"

Pakistan could use that on the other hand to:"transform Pakistan’s semi-urban and rural areas bordering India’s Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab and Rajasthan states into impregnable fortresses for the sake of blunting the Indian Army’s (IA)"

Sir, haven't defenses here been beefed up? Given the strength of PA formations deployed, I believe PA can mount an offensive in this area now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom