What's new

Real story of Kargil war

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I thought I was going to read the true story, but all I see is fighting as we all do here. Would anyone volunteer himself to tell the true story or at least provide a link that he trusts?

I have a report which sees the conflict from a military perspective , its by a neutral American military college.

Its a 103 page thesis.

HIGH ALTITUDE WARFARE: THE KARGIL CONFLICT AND THE FUTURE

Also a smaller report from Cambridge

Introduction: the importance of the Kargil conflict

Why mate ran out of arguements and those soldiers are ducking for cover.

running forcover, justified

trembling withfear, laughable

I have a report which sees the conflict from a military perspective , its by a neutral American military college.

Its a 103 page thesis.

HIGH ALTITUDE WARFARE: THE KARGIL CONFLICT AND THE FUTURE

Also a smaller report from Cambridge

Introduction: the importance of the Kargil conflict

huh?? americans are neutral, last time i heard an american talking about how unprofessional and idiotic indian pilots are and was laughing his arse out

You can kill us as much as you want. Will that effect anything? The answer is a big NO. The funny thing is you will in fact bring Pakistanis together and you will raise our patriotic standard.
what a stupid logic. you become patriot ONLY IF there is a war with India? lol
learn from us dude. we are patriotic 24/7!

You are forgetting the fact that we are the same as Afghans, we have the same ethnics. Even if the whole world has to declare war on us,i doubt anyone could take over us.
i know its very hard for you guys to accept your Indian ethnicity. so i leave it there.
Keep living in dream world Indian. You certainly will not understand us. LOL what happened when you saw surprise attacks in 65 War, Khalistan movement, 98 Nuke Tests and 2008 Mumbai attacks?
i appreciate your honesty. at least you are accepting that the Mumbai bucks were done by pakistan.
about khalistan- you thought that it would cut India into some pieces but lol on your luck that they started demanding Lahore! :rofl:
and hey- that is long dead my friend. are you still in 90s?lol

about 65 war- we're still waitin for you in other thread about your explanations and concept of winning it. but i believe in giving the second chances. so I'll wait for you again to explain your victory in 65.
haha your so called 'best commandos' spent days to find just 1 guy hiding in an obvious corner of a building.:rofl:
off topic again. well- i can answer that but i need NOC from the mods for talking about it. because of my flag- i don't have immunity like you buddy. so get me the NOC and we'll talk about it. i promises!

running forcover, justified

trembling withfear, laughable

huh?? americans are neutral, last time i heard an american talking about how unprofessional and idiotic indian pilots are and was laughing his arse out

When did that happen?

Kargil was certainly a miscalculation on part of Musharraf. Pakistani armed forces were not properly prepared for war during that time and Kargil was a very bold adventure.

However, Indians exaggerate their accomplishment during Kargil conflict. With only a few thousand troops, we gave India a serious headache.

Kargil was certainly a miscalculation on part of Musharraf. Pakistani armed forces were not properly prepared for war during that time and Kargil was a very bold adventure.

However, Indians exaggerate their accomplishment during Kargil conflict. With only a few thousand troops, we gave India a serious headache.

Bro,exaggerate in what way?

The question is even if those few thousand troops continued to hold their positions, what purpose would it serve?

It would be a repeat of 1965 like situation and probably the same end: stalemate.

Bold Adventure?? An idiotic misadventure born out of a half-baked plan, drawn up by a cabal, led by a fame hungry "commando"!
Sadly it was'nt even the first misadventure for the PA.

In the end the pakistani army and the nation were left wandering "commando" in the world's eyes.

While I have some (informed) opinions on this matter, I shall refrain from comment.

Oscar the last para is redundant, Its simply not worth (Nukes or no Nukes) an exercise for India to break Pakistan into pieces. Hurt Pakistan yes, maybe even by those much vaunted "thousand cuts" and all that jazz. Because Pakistan can do enough damage to itself (Post-Zia) as has been amply demonstrated. India might seek an ailing neighbor not a terminal one. Because that will affect India majorly. And right now India and her populace seeks economic power much more than military power.

Let me add that those "fancy-dancy" Nukes are as much a Bane as they are a Boon for Pakistan. But everybody can have an opinion on that fact.

Would be interested to hear them via PM.. discussion is always healthy..

Id reserve my view on why the nukes are important for Pakistan.. yet the cause of targeted dissection as well.
But there is no denying the fact that the monstrous hydra left by Zia is enough to destroy Pakistan.
And the establishments misadventures since then have not helped either.

Bro,exaggerate in what way?
Accomplishments during the battle.

I am not saying that Indian military was incompetent. According to decent assessments, Indian forces managed to recapture at least 2 peaks with their own effort. However, many peaks were handed on silver plate to Indian forces afterwards due to abrupt withdrawal orders on Pakistani front. I have personally seen heavy equipment used in Kargil conflict on the front lines. These include the famous big guns that were used to defend Lahore during 1965 clash. The equipment is in perfect shape and I have also met with troops who have manned this equipment during Kargil conflict.

Point is that Indians exaggerate a lot and Indian propaganda is very effective.

It is common knowlege in military field that the side which is on higher ground; will have advantage in clash against the side which is on lower ground. This is why Indian Airforce was called in for support. However, some Jets were shot down by Pakistani troops.

In the end, Indians forces were better prepared because both the Airforce and Naval wings were active. The picture of Pakistan was different.

However, the greatest blunder committed by Musharraf was abrupt withdrawal during the phase of clashes. Proper approach should have been to seek ceasefire first.

NOW - Pakistan military is fully prepared for war. This is after a long long time.

The question is even if those few thousand troops continued to hold their positions, what purpose would it serve?

It would be a repeat of 1965 like situation and probably the same end: stalemate.
I agree.

One of the reasons that Kargil offensive was called off.

Syama, you forget one major thing! There was no parallel, between 1965 and Kargil. Esp. in terms of world politics or India's position on the world stage. Compare the US and Russian stance in Kargil to the US/Soviet stance in 1965. Most of all compare India's postion in 1965 when India accepted the super-power stance and even accepted mediation. In Kargil, India just upped the ante and the "big-guns" played along. A sea change there. Which is why China also remained 'hands-off' in Kargil and actually counselled Pakistan to go back. Because, they simply did not want to bail out the PA.

No chance of any stalemate there, my friend. Kargil changed all the regional power equations for ever.

Accomplishments during the battle.

I am not saying that Indian military was incompetent. According to decent assessments, Indian forces managed to recapture at least 2 peaks with their own effort. However, many peaks were handed on silver plate to Indian forces afterwards due to abrupt withdrawal orders on Pakistani front. I have personally seen heavy equipment used in Kargil conflict on the front lines. These include the famous big guns that were used to defend Lahore during 1965 clash. The equipment is in perfect shape and I have also met with troops who have manned this equipment during Kargil conflict.

Point is that Indians exaggerate a lot and Indian propaganda is very effective.

It is common knowlege in military field that the side which is on higher ground; will have advantage in clash against the side which is on lower ground. This is why Indian Airforce was called in for support. However, some Jets were shot down by Pakistani troops.

In the end, Indians forces were better prepared because both the Airforce and Naval wings were active. The picture of Pakistan was different.

However, the greatest blunder committed by Musharraf was abrupt withdrawal. Proper approach should have been to seek cease-fire first.

NOW - Pakistan military is fully prepared for war. This is after a long long time.
Brother,
Thank you for the nice reply,and i am cannot agree with you and i believe you are wrong

Brother,
Thank you for the nice reply,and i am cannot agree with you and i believe you are wrong
I don't blame you. Indian indoctrination is very effective. However, my response is based on ground realities.

If you think that Pakistani troops are very incompetent then you are only fooling yourself. Even western analysts will disagree with you when talking about quality of Pakistani troops.

Syama, you forget one major thing! There was no parallel, between 1965 and Kargil. Esp. in terms of world politics or India's position on the world stage. Compare the US and Russian stance in Kargil to the US/Soviet stance in 1965. Most of all compare India's postion in 1965 when India accepted the super-power stance and even accepted mediation. In Kargil, India just upped the ante and the "big-guns" played along. A sea change there. Which is why China also remained 'hands-off' in Kargil and actually counselled Pakistan to go back. Because, they simply did not want to bail out the PA.

No chance of any stalemate there, my friend. Kargil changed all the regional power equations for ever.

There was nothing Pakistan could offer to the permanent members of the security council in return for a stalemate.
It was a rogue nuclear power,under sanctions, military outgunned and was the aggressor in this conflict.

There was nothing Pakistan could offer to the permanent members of the security council in return for a stalemate.
It was a rogue nuclear power,under sanctions, military outgunned and was the aggressor in this conflict.

Has anything substantive changed in that description since then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom