What's new

Ready to cement military ties with Thailand: Antony

I go to a university, one much more prestigious than anything you go to.
prestigious my a**!nowadays every Tom,Dick and Harry goes to a University,so whats the big deal kiddo:azn:.btw my university is the oldest one in the entire Asian continent!

prestigious my a**!nowadays every Tom,Dick and Harry goes to a University,so whats the big deal kiddo:azn:.btw my university is the oldest one in the entire Asian continent!

My university is the hardest to get into Canada and is ranked 22 in the world. Maybe everyone in India can get into school cause of no standards (ex.Lovely Professional University) but that isn't the case in Canada. So what if your school is the oldest that means absolutely nothing.

University of San Carlos (USC) in Cebu City in the Philippines is the oldest in Asia

My university is the hardest to get into Canada and is ranked 22 in the world. Maybe everyone in India can get into school cause of no standards (ex.Lovely Professional University) but that isn't the case in Canada. So what if your school is the oldest that means absolutely nothing.

Mcgill?? ..........

come on we all know about the canadian education system.if someone can pay the fee he/she can get admitted in any top level canadian university irrespective of his/her I.Q.but in India you will be admitted in any top level university based on your merit.got it kiddo!

University of San Carlos (USC) in Cebu City in the Philippines is the oldest in Asia

Mcgill?? ..........
sorry for the wrong info,actualyy its the second oldest university in Asia
Asia[edit]
Afghanistan:
Kabul Medical University, 1946[34]
Kabul University, founded in 1931, formally opened 1932
Armenia: Yerevan State University, 1919
Azerbaijan: Baku State University, 1919
Bahrain: University of Bahrain. Founded in 1986.
Bangladesh: University of Dhaka, 1921[35]
Cambodia:
Royal University of Fine Arts, 1918
Royal University of Law and Economics, 1948
Royal University of Phnom Penh, 1960
China:[36]
Peking University, founded in 1898 as Imperial University of Peking
Tianjin University, established in 1895 as Peiyang Western Study School
Jiaotong University, founded in 1896 as Nanyang Public School
Nanjing University (National Central University), established as Sanjiang Normal College in 1902, the first Chinese university providing doctoral degree (in 1927)
Saint John's University, Shanghai, founded in 1879 as "St. John's College", the first school granting bachelor's degree in China (in 1907). But it was not chartered by China government until 1947
Hong Kong: The University of Hong Kong, 1912
India:
Serampore College, 1818, first institution with university status (although not a university) to grant degrees in theology.
University of Calcutta, 1857, first full fledged multi-disciplinary university in South Asia in terms of foundation date although the University of Bombay and the University of Madras were subsequently established in the same year.
Indonesia:
University of Indonesia, 1947, founded as the School of Javanese Doctor in 1851.
Bandung Institute of Technology, 1959, founded as Technische Hogeschool in 1920.
Iraq: University of Baghdad, 1956 - Although the Iraqi Royal College of Medicine was established in 1928.
Iran: University of Tehran, 1934, founded by Reza Shah
Israel:
Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 1918
Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, founded in 1912, but formal teaching began in 1924
Japan:
University of Tokyo, Its origins include a private college of Confucian studies founded by Hayashi Razan in 1630,[37][38] Tenmonkata (The Observatory, 1684)[39] and Shutōsho (Smallpox Vaccination Centre, 1849).[40] It was later organised in 1867 as the Imperial University.
Keio University, 1858 as the oldest modern institute of higher education in Japan (To be noted, Japan's oldest academic institution is Ashikaga Gakko)
Kazakhstan:
Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, 1933
Lebanon:
American University of Beirut, 1866
Lebanese American University, 1924
Macau: University of Macau, established as University of East Asia in 1981, renamed 1991.
Malaysia: University of Malaya, as Straits and Federated Malay States Government Medical School in 1905 in Singapore
Mongolia:
Mongolian Academy of Sciences, 1921, as part of the Institute of Literature and Script
Institute of finance and economics of Mongolia, 1924 as the School of Custom's Officers in Ulaanbaatar.
National University of Mongolia, 1942
Myanmar: Rangoon University, 1878[41]
Nepal: Tribhuvan University, 1959[42]
Pakistan:
King Edward Medical University Lahore, 1860
Forman Christian College, now Forman Christian College University, Lahore, 1864
Government College, Lahore, now Government College University, Lahore, 1864
University of the Punjab, 1882 (Pakistan)[43]
Edwardes College, Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, 1900
The Nadirshaw Eduljee Dinshaw University of Engineering and Technology,1922 Karachi
Philippines:
University of Santo Tomas (1611)
See also: List of the oldest schools in the Philippines
Saudi Arabia: King Saud University, 1957.
Singapore: National University of Singapore, as Straits and Federated Malay States Government Medical School in 1905
South Korea:
Ewha Womans University, 1886
Sungkyunkwan University, 1895, developed from Sungkyunkwan 1398
Korea University, 1905
Yonsei University, 1915 - College founded in 1915, hospital established in 1885
Sri Lanka:
University College Colombo, 1920 - Although the Ceylon Medical College was established in 1870
University of Ceylon, 1942 - First full fledged multi disciplinary university in Sri Lanka
Syria: University of Damascus was founded in 1923 through the merger of the School of Medicine (established 1903) and the Institute of Law (established 1913).
Taiwan:
National Taiwan University, 1928, as Taihoku (Taipei) Imperial University.
National Taipei University of Technology, 1912, as School of Industrial Instruction
Thailand:
Chulalongkorn University, 1917
Thammasat University, 1939
Kasetsart University, 1943
Vietnam:
Hanoi Medical University 1902
Vietnam National University, Hanoi 1904
Hanoi College of Fine Arts 1925
List of oldest universities in continuous operation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is the difference between china and india , Chinese leaders busy globe trotting to drum up business for china all year round, where as india leaders busy globe trotting to cement defence ties to counter an imaginary enemy LOL

Mcgill?? ..........

UBC. McGill has fallen so far

come on we all know about the canadian education system.if someone can pay the fee he/she can get admitted in any top level canadian university irrespective of his/her I.Q.but in India you will be admitted in any top level university based on your merit.got it kiddo!

Yea right this isnt corrupt india. That's why your cesspool of a country has an IQ of 82 lololol. Only the smart ones got out. Your country exists cause of us NRIs. Your school has no prestige in Asia, yet alone the world.

Looks like India, Singapore, Japan, Australia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines are getting together and if that happens this will be a very strong alliance and China is going to be in big trouble. But all this is because of China being the idiotic, bullying dogs that they are, serves China right.

China is a bigger piece of rock. Stop hiding behind a false flag. It's pretty easy to pick you out from a comment like yours.

I have seen Canada's high school curriculum. No comparison with the iit-jee. Rankings don't mean much. For ex people can literally walk into McGill or u of t. The same cannot be said of tsinghua or the iits, which are ranked lower. I fell into that trap some years back thinking that rankings were the way to judge a university.

Not at all. Try competing with the tsinghuas or iits. You will come to a different conclusion. I remember some years back that one of the ranking criteria was student to teacher ratio or something and another one was computer to student ratio or something. This is a bit outdated but atlases it shows you how varied the criteria are. I mean student to teacher criteria in china? Lol

I have seen Canada's high school curriculum. No comparison with the iit-jee. Rankings don't mean much. For ex people can literally walk into McGill or u of t. The same cannot be said of tsinghua or the iits, which are ranked lower. I fell into that trap some years back thinking that rankings were the way to judge a university.

Not at all. Try competing with the tsinghuas or iits. You will come to a different conclusion. I remember some years back that one of the ranking criteria was student to teacher ratio or something and another one was computer to student ratio or something. This is a bit outdated but atlases it shows you how varied the criteria are. I mean student to teacher criteria in china? Lol

exactly like you are

Uh no. Wrong. If the Philippines is called a rock then should it not be the case that china is a bigger rock given that china has more land area?

I don't believe that china is a defence super power yet. Unproven technology and over rated specs. I don't know. I would put more faith in Russian stuff than Chinese stuff at least for now.

Back
Top Bottom