What's new

RD-93 Engine: Strength or Weakness?

Yes production numbers have gone down tremendously we should have had 100 jets by now
Not sure what the reason is but with increased training on assembling , is it not fair to assume the planes would be assembled more faster now ???

I feel like 2014 was such a dull year for our Military in general from addition of valuable assets into forces

Yes production numbers have gone down tremendously we should have had 100 jets by now
Not sure what the reason is but with increased training on assembling , is it not fair to assume the planes would be assembled more faster now ???

The little that I know about this is that the PAF realized the need for the BVR and other advance weapons including upgraded avionics. So they decided to slow down acquiring Block I as it would then need retro-fitting with upgrades and all and retesting for the second time just a year after induction in most cases.

So they kept developing components and the airframes but didn't manufacture the entire product. Additionally, they were also busy setting up an additional manufacturing facility and the same labor force was training new workers. That would have put constraints on the run rate. However, going forward, the Block II should be produced faster I think as there are two facilities manufacturing the planes with more labor force. Let's see. I'd imagine that there should be 50 more planes between 2014-2015.

Back
Top Bottom