Raytheon wins PAF Paveway LGB order

blain2

ADVISORS
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Raytheon Wins $ 161 Million Paveway Contract for Pakistan:

Pentagon Contract Announcement:

(Source: US Department of Defense; issued Dec. 14, 2007)

Raytheon Missile Systems of Tucson Ariz., is being awarded a firm fixed price contract for $161,278,400.

This action provides:

1) 300 miscellaneous unit air foil groups,

2) 300 miscellaneous armament unit enhanced computer control groups,

3) 1,298 weapon guidance unit computer control groups,

4) 1,300 stabilizing and retarding unit air foil groups,

5) 600 global positioning system adapter kits,

6) 1 lot enhanced Paveway III and test equipment spares,

7) 1 lot enhanced Paveway II,

8) 700 certain adapter groups,

9) six readiness test set,

10) six bomb tool kits,

11) three lots of enhanced Paveway tool sets,

12) three each common munitions bit/reprogramming equipment adapter kits,

13) one each mission planning software,

14) one lot DATA.

This effort supports foreign military sales to Pakistan. At this time $75,698,968 has been obligated.

784th Combat Sustainment Group (AFMC), Hill Air Force Base, Utah is the contracting activity (FA8213-08-C-0028).

Blain's NOTE: This sale essentially allows the Paveway LGBs to be GPS guided. Thus far the Paveway's in the PAF service were laser guided via the ATLIS LDP. Essentially much better accuracy (same thing as JDAMS which are also on order).

Thanks for the note.

So I take these are parts that allow for the Paveway's to be converted to GPS guided? Also, are we producing the Paveway's/a version of the Paveway's, that these kits could be utilized with, or will we have to purchase the bombs from the US?

I notice that the sale talks of
"1 lot enhanced Paveway III and test equipment spares, 1 lot enhanced Paveway II"
I imagine these are the complete, assembled GPS guided systems?

Thanks for the note.

So I take these are parts that allow for the Paveway's to be converted to GPS guided? Also, are we producing the Paveway's/a version of the Paveway's, that these kits could be utilized with, or will we have to purchase the bombs from the US?

I notice that the sale talks of
"1 lot enhanced Paveway III and test equipment spares, 1 lot enhanced Paveway II"
I imagine these are the complete, assembled GPS guided systems?

We are not producing the Paveway LGB series. What we do make is the standard MK-84 and variants of US origin **** bombs. To these, JDAM GPS kits can be added to make them smart.

I think this order was to retrofit the existing inventory (of PWII and PWIII in service) with GPS guidance.

I made this picture in Paris Air Show at Le Bourget.

Paveway II LGB.

c03fbe9d72c412ac6f39c059c46c0d1c.jpg

Does the PAF use some sort of air to surface missles also along with the guided bombs for ground attack role?

Does the PAF use some sort of air to surface missles also along with the guided bombs for ground attack role?

In addition to the AGM-65 (Maverick) series, PAF also uses the French AS-30 AGMs.

Back
Top Bottom