What's new

Raymond Davis Case: Developing Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
"When detained, the US diplomat identified himself to police as a diplomat and repeatedly requested immunity under the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations. Local police and senior authorities failed to observe their legal obligation to verify his status.

Haha I wonder how that must've gone down with the Pakistani police?

We probably can't sentence him however I think we can bend the rules a bit to hold him for a while till investigators do their work. It's no big deal.

I remember the government gave them permission to build the largest American Embassy on foreign soil.

So they have a lot of people and probably on rotation.

but they should send diplomats not James Bounds which misbehave kill and insult local daily :rolleyes:

those bike guys could have been ground intel tailing him. he recognized and shot them. giving a message to the pakistani intelligence / goverment , that beggars cannot be choosers.

Oh you are mistaken!Pakistani I tails can never be spotted,believe me..!:azn:;)

Haha I wonder how that must've gone down with the Pakistani police?

We probably can't sentence him however I think we can bend the rules a bit to hold him for a while till investigators do their work. It's no big deal.

The govt told US of A that they should wait for the outcome of the investigation.

Center said it will accept the investigation by Punjab govt.

Can someone here please post the video and screen capture of the US Embassy letter dated 20 January 2010, which was shown by Dunya News today?

This letter proves that the US Embassy in Islamabad is conjuring up a "c ock and bull" story about Raymond Allen Davis being a diplomat as an "afterthought" when they themselves informed the Foreign Office a year ago that he was "Administrative and Technical staff" and requested the Foreign Office for the issuance to him of a "NON-DIPLOMATIC ID" card.

img_0103.jpg

Behold Mozang Chungi. I wonder when was the last time I saw a foreigner casually roaming about here...

It would've been different if this happened on MM Alam road. Nobody in Pakistan withdraws money from ATMs without looking over their shoulder and making sure they can get away easily.

People use ATMs to withdraw small sums of money (in Pakistan). I'm sure the Americans would be a lot more careful since people would figure they have a lot more money to withdraw.

Many things that don't add up. The case should definitely be investigated.

I remember the government gave them permission to build the largest American Embassy on foreign soil.

So they have a lot of people and probably on rotation.

International law teaches us all that all embassies of all nations built in other nations...the land thereon where the various embassies are built becomes the absolutely native soil of the nation whose embassy is built thereon.

In Washington, where a former US Department of Veterans Affairs beautiful hospital used to stand, overlooking Georgetown and the Potomoc River, the US Dept. of State got the Veterans Administration to declare the hospital as "surplus property" in order for the US to give, as in donate, the beautiful hill top land site to the USSR to build a new Russian Embassy on it. It was thereafter Russian, not US, soil, under the Russian Embassy.

Just to edify.

Before Raymond Allen Davis is released, the Punjab Police should send him for "drying room ki sair".

International law teaches us all that all embassies of all nations built in other nations...the land thereon where the various embassies are built becomes the absolutely native soil of the nation whose embassy is built thereon.

In Washington, where a former US Department of Veterans Affairs beautiful hospital used to stand, overlooking Georgetown and the Potomoc River, the US Dept. of State got the Veterans Administration to declare the hospital as "surplus property" in order for the US to give, as in donate, the beautiful hill top land site to the USSR to build a new Russian Embassy on it. It was thereafter Russian, not US, soil, under the Russian Embassy.

Just to edify.
International laws, oh we'll be really sorry about it if we break em... If any link can be found that he was funding the terrorists and not being robbed by them, then it should be investigated.

It's just 8 days of judicial remand, I don't see the UN General Assembly being moved on these 8 days of us bending the rules.

Sir we all know what will happen. the killer will be freed.

But can that change the fact that 3 people were killed by Americans unlawfully ??

even if they were "robbers" havent we seen in west they apologised for injuring the robber ?

JanaJi: I join you in expressing regret for the loss of life, but will say that the final determination of the legality of the situation is yet to be made, given that the investigation is not yet complete.

What is clear is the anger and frustration of the general population that has been brought out by this incident against USA.

I understand and appreciate those causes too, but will point out that quite a lot of the blame lies fairly and squarely on the Pakistani government and military, and the so-called elite, for selling out their own country and countrymen, not the foreign puppet masters.

img_0103.jpg

Behold Mozang Chungi. I wonder when was the last time I saw a foreigner casually roaming about here...

It would've been different if this happened on MM Alam road. Nobody in Pakistan withdraws money from ATMs without looking over their shoulder and making sure they can get away easily.

People use ATMs to withdraw small sums of money (in Pakistan). I'm sure the Americans would be a lot more careful since people would figure they have a lot more money to withdraw.

Many things that don't add up. The case should definitely be investigated.

LOL! WTH was he doing withdrawing money from an ATM in Mozang? Go to The Mall, Gulberg, Model Town, Defence. Mozang of all places. This is like a white guy withdrawing cash from an ATM at midnight in The Bronx.

LOL! WTH was he doing withdrawing money from an ATM in Mozang? Go to The Mall, Gulberg, Model Town, Defence. Mozang of all places. This is like a white guy withdrawing cash from an ATM at midnight in The Bronx.
Even I don't go to ATMs any more, I prefer going to the bank and withdrawing, my car parked outside, and me taking off as soon as I get the cash.

Pakistan says law must take its course in U.S. diplomat case
– 1 hr 22 mins ago
ISLAMABAD (Reuters) – Pakistan on Saturday said its legal process should be respected after the U.S. embassy called for the immediate release of an American diplomat who was arrested after he killed two Pakistanis this week.
The American, identified by Pakistani police as Raymond Davis, told a court on Friday he had acted in self-defense after fleeing what he said was a robbery attempt in the eastern city of Lahore on Thursday.
Davis has been remanded in police custody for six days for questioning.
"This matter is sub judice in a court of law and the legal process should be respected," a Pakistani foreign office spokesman said in a statement.
The U.S. embassy said in a statement on Friday only that a staff member of the U.S. Consulate General in Lahore was involved in an incident involving "loss of life."
In a statement on Saturday, the embassy identified him as a U.S. diplomat who it said had been unlawfully detained by authorities in Lahore, where the shooting took place.
It said the diplomat acted in self-defense when confronted by two armed men and had every reason to believe they meant to harm him, and said arresting the diplomat was a violation of international norms and the Vienna Convention.
In his initial statement, Davis told police that he was chased by the two men soon after he withdrew money from a cash machine. The men approached him when he pulled over at a traffic signal and they pointed a gun at him.
Davis then fired at the men, a police official said. Armed robberies and carjackings are becoming more common in Pakistan, but Westerners are rarely targeted.
The killings are likely to fuel anger against the United States in the mainly Muslim nation where anti-American sentiment runs high and anger at the U.S.-allied government is also growing due to its perceived ineptitude.
(Reporting by Augustine Anthony, Editing by Michael Georgy and Sonya Hepinstall)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom