What's new

Raymond Davis Case: Developing Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Court grants 6-day remand of American

Updated at: 1452 PST, Friday, January 28, 2011
LAHORE: US Consulate employee was produced in court Friday on double murder charges, Geo News reported, a day after he shot dead two men on a motorcycle in what he said was self-defence.

The US citizen was appeared before the Senior Judge Zafar Iqbal who handed over the accused to the police on six-day remand.

The man, Raymond Davis was described by the State Department in Washington as an American civilian working for the US Consulate in Lahore.

A third Pakistani was crushed to death by a consulate car that went to the scene to aid the man following the shooting in a busy street in the eastern city.

Provincial law minister Rana Sanaullah said officials had asked the US Consulate to release the second vehicle and its driver to police.

The US embassy in Islamabad has confirmed the man involved was a consular worker but said it was still trying to work out with the police what had happened.

Punjab minister Sanaullah said no American pressure would be allowed to influence the criminal case.

Last edited:
The murderer is in custody and is being interogated , there are hundreds of witnesses , the public is aware of the case and the media is on to it. There will be very littel wiggle room for the weasels to try and slithers and slip away from this act of murder.

Dude, how exactly did I contradict my previous posts?

For the record, in Pakistan, a gun license does not mean you can use it to kill a human being. If you kill somebody, you will be arrested, despite the license, and the onus will be on you to prove that you used it in self defence.

isnt that whats happening? he has been arrested and the onus is on him to prove it was in self defence. :coffee:

Accused American to be tried under Pakistani law: Rana

Updated at: 1602 PST, Friday, January 28, 2011
LAHORE: Punjab Law Minister Rana Sanaullah said US citizen Raymond Davis, allegedly involved in killing two people, will be tried under Pakistani law.

He said that the American seemed to have been on personal business at the time of the shooting.

"He said that he was returning from withdrawing cash from a bank and we are verifying this," Provincial Law Minister said.

"Every citizen has the right of self-defence but there are several requirements for the claim of self-defence. If those requirements have been met, he can use it in court,” Rana added.

Imran Haider, the elder brother of one of the motorcyclists, 22-year-old Faizan Haider, said his brother only carried a pistol for protection, following the death of a third brother last month, and insisted the gun was licensed.

He said his brother was travelling home with his friend from a court hearing when the incident took place.

"My brother was innocent, he was not a criminal. We need justice," said the 34-year-old, adding that his mother had been hospitalised with a pre-existing heart condition following her son's death.

Provincial Law Minister said the US consulate had agreed to release the second vehicle to police.

wow! I mean just WOW! the american was not just carrying the gun he USED it to KILL and not just the one who was carrying the gun but the one drivng the bike also AND his rat accomplice who ran over a bystander killing him as well!

so what do you carry a gun for. To use it if attacked. And when you use it shoots bullets not water which you might be thinking.

Yes the question sure is whether it was an act of self defence or not. Its to early to tell however the events do show it could be.

There is no way this guy should be let off .. this is a clear cut case of murder and this guy must be prosecuted , convicted and sentenced.

thats not for you to decide fortunately!!:woot::woot:

How many of you think he will be convicted?

You will see him in US after several days....

The people who have been killed were no robbers , they were ordinary people who were already in search of justice and whose life was cut short by a bunch of paranoid bastards who have no business to be there in the fist place.

Let this be rallying call , a call to get justice for at least this one time against a lying , tyranical , two faced , blood thirsty opressor.

The people who have been killed were no robbers , they were ordinary people who were already in search of justice and whose life was cut short by a bunch of paranoid bastards who have no business to be there in the fist place.

Let this be rallying call , a call to get justice for at least this one time against a lying , tyranical , two faced , blood thirsty opressor.

Suspects were armed with fire arms, so its self defense fire!

isnt that whats happening? he has been arrested and the onus is on him to prove it was in self defence. :coffee:

Exactly. No argument there. See, I'm reasonable. I don't disagree unnecessarily.

I didn't contradict myself as you claimed earlier.

Suspects were armed with fire arms, so its self defense fire!

O shucks! Here we go again!

Let's see here now:

3 people dead. Only 1 carrying licensed firearm, which was not used according to Lahore Police.

Shots fired:

Raymond: 7 (at least)
Deceased: 0

so what do you carry a gun for. To use it if attacked. And when you use it shoots bullets not water which you might be thinking.

Yes the question sure is whether it was an act of self defence or not. Its to early to tell however the events do show it could be.

thats not for you to decide fortunately!!:woot::woot:

This rat was never attaked , he fired first and yes it will be for the courts to decide , luckily the courts in Lahore are bit more independant and the lawyers are more active so will be a good test for our justice system.

You in the mean time work on preparing the next dinner or luch or just a massage to the US embassy staffers and feel happy over it

I don't get the reason why people from pakistan trying to be over smart by defending some1 who killed 2 ppl on the street in front of crowd wat could be more insane then this..

I don't get the reason why people from pakistan trying to be over smart by defending some1 who killed 2 ppl on the street in front of crowd wat could be more insane then this..

and then we wonder! It is always the self hating Paks...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom