What's new

Rare Pictures of Quaid-e-Azam.

IMG_6436.JPG

The Man

He was one of the best lawyers of the country. He was extraordinarily brilliant and used to explain his point of view in the court by oratory based on law as well as facts. His way of presentation was unique and he had no parallel even in this respect. His approach towards the legal problems was scientific and straightforward. His forensic abilities have been praised by eminent lawyers and judges.

Patrick Spens, the last Chief Justice of undivided India, paid the following tribute to Jinnah: The tallness of the man, the immaculate manner in which he turned out, the beauty of his features and the extreme courtesy with which he treated all; no one could have made a more favourable impression than he did. There is no man or woman living who imputes anything against his honour or his honesty. He was the most outright person that I know.

In 1927, Carim Chagla said: Jinnah was a pure artist in the manner and method of presentation. Even the most complex facts became simple and obvious when he waved his wand over them. --- He had common sense, that most uncommon of qualities, in an uncommon degree. He also expressed the following view: Jinnah was a superb advocate --- What impressed me most was the lucidity of his thought and expression --- Jinnah was absolutely impeccable in his professional etiquette.

Sir Stafford Cripps spoke of him as a most accomplished lawyer.

In the court, the Quaid-e-Azam was very polite and courteous. But on an aggressive attitude by a judge or an opposite counsel, he would become devastating. His satire was as penetrating as a sword. The wound was always very deep and ordinarily would never heal up!

57233883_2189273794486395_7402417216018186240_n.jpg

Founder address to public meeting in 1940's

Well, gentlemen, I do not wish to take up any more of your time and thank you again for the honour you have done to me. I shall always be guided by the principles of justice and fair-play without any, as is put in the political language, prejudice or ill-will, in other words partiality or favouritism. My guiding principle will be justice and complete impartiality, and I am sure that with your support and co-operation, I can look forward to Pakistan becoming one of the greatest Nations of the world.

(ADDRESS OF THE FOUNDER OF PAKISTAN QUAID-E-AZAM MUHAMMAD ALI JINNAH
ON 11TH AUGUST, 1947 TO 1ST CONSTITUENT ASSEMBLY)

58443904_2205086929571748_2210672701507371008_n.jpg

Happy Mothers Day
Madar-e-Millat Mohtarma Fatima Jinnah in mid 1940's

59881215_2227610780652696_2342621587263455232_n.jpg

Quaid-e-Azam taking the salute at the police parade Dhaka, East Pakistan in March 1948...

60630233_2232318960181878_3039943243262328832_o.jpg

Muslim-League.jpg

The ‘All India Muslim League’ was formed as a result of a section of people of the country, who were Muslims, who needed a separate political party, which they thought could satisfy their needs. The Muslims already lagged behind by 20 years of the Indian National Congress. This League was also formed to improve relations of the Muslims with the government and with nations living in the sub-continent.

Originally, Sir Syed Khan founded it in 1886 ad the Muhammadan Educational Conference, but a self-imposed ban prevented it from discussing politics. Eventually, the separatist and loyalist tendencies among a section of the Muslim nawabs and landlords reached a climax on 30 December 1906, when the All India Muslim League was founded under the leadership of Aga Khan, the nawab of Dhaka and nawab Mohsin-ul-Mulk. Its founder-members were Khwaja Salimullah, Vikar-ul-Mulk, Aga Khan III, Syed Amir Ali, Syed Nabiullah. Mostly, the league comprised of big zamindars, ex-bureaucrats and other upper class Muslims.

The main aim of the All India Muslim League was the attainment of an independent country where Muslims could flourish according to Islam. The league made no critique of colonialism that was basically formed to prevent the rights of the Indian Muslims and to place their needs and aspirations before the government in temperate language.
To increase its usefulness, the British also encouraged the Muslim League to approach the Muslim masses and to assume their leadership.

As a result of formation of the All India Muslim League, the entire Indian sub-continent finally got divided under the precincts of two different sentiments. The All India Muslim League got dissolved on the independence day of Pakistan.

After the partition and subsequent establishment of Pakistan, the Muslim League continued as a minor party in India where it was often part of the government. On the other hand, in Pakistan, the Muslim League became the original successor of the All India Muslim League, led by the founder of Pakistan, Muhammad Ali Jinnah. After the formation of Bangladesh, the Muslim League was revived in 1976, but it was reduced, rendering it insignificant in the political arena.

In November, 1947, Quaid-i-Azam was in Lahore and he personally supervised operation of the rehabilitation of refugees. One day Quaid-i-Azam was invited to a girls college. The girls and ladies of the staff did not observe purdah as he addressed them.

When back at Government House, Quaid-i-Azam was in a humorous mood and wanted to know why the ladies did not observe purdah. His sister, Miss Fatima Jinnah, said: “That was because they regarded you as an old man.”

“That is not a compliment to me,” said Quaid-i-Azam. Liaquat Ali Khan, who was present, said: “That was because they regarded you as a father”.

“Yes, that makes some sense.”

62208739_2266238510123256_8431598960480616448_n.jpg

18 August 1947, day of Eid 4 days after Pakistan came into being. The Quaid attending prayers at main Eidgah, bunder road (now MA Jinnah road), Karachi.

D8SBPdlWsAAvjxy.jpg:large

Muhammad Ali Jinnah, meeting with officers of 6th Bn, Frontier Force Rifles (Now 1st FF). 1948

47457_621006777979779_1458026138_n.jpg

Addressing Naval Officers in 1948

931377_479420345471757_1774162988_n.jpg

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom