7343461676_4fb3d8008d_b.jpg

7343461558_3701f4c12d_b.jpg

7158255223_c2f050ef49_b.jpg

7158255053_392ebf30dd_b.jpg

7343461120_9a18758627_b.jpg

7343460966_62fb7f6dbd_b.jpg

7158254635_cc322beace_b.jpg

7343460604_c2ca17e7b7_b.jpg

China is not just Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Nanjing, Tianjin, Chongqing, Qingdao, Xiamen, Harbin, Dalian, Hangzhou, Wuhan, Shenyang, Shenzhen, HK, Taipei. The second and third tier cities are up and coming strong too. The above Dongguan is an example.

China is not just Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Nanjing, Tianjin, Chongqing, Qingdao, Xiamen, Harbin, Dalian, Hangzhou, Wuhan, Shenyang, Shenzhen, HK, Taipei. The second and third tier cities are up and coming strong too. The above Dongguan is an example.

Chinese cities are still not as saturate with private vehicles as the US and European cities like I though they would be. Thank god for that!

My grand parents were originated from a small village in Dongguan that's no longer there anymore.

Is Xian/Chang An considered as 2nd or 3rd tier city?

Btw, impressive development in a span of just 15 years or so for these cities

Chinese cities are still not as saturate with private vehicles as the US and European cities like I though they would be. Thank god for that!

My grand parents were originated from a small village in Dongguan that's no longer there anymore.

the speed of urbanization is amazing. Dongguan is at the forefront of China's industrializaion so it is natural for all people who live in the vicinity will ride along with the wheels of fast paced village and city development!

Does your family get fair compensation for demolition of the village houses by the Dongguan government?

Is Xian/Chang An considered as 2nd or 3rd tier city?

Btw, impressive development in a span of just 15 years or so for these cities

Yap! Xian = Chang An (ancient name). It is a very cultural city. Many ancient dynasties established their capital city in Xian. I think culturally it is tier 1, modernization is tier 2 , so it is a 1.5 tier city.

xian-terra-cotta-soldiers-40219135325707.jpg

xian-bell-tower-40114113722560.jpg

xian-terra-cotta-warriors-40114113647330.jpg

xian-small-wild-goose-pagoda-40114113605412.jpg

xian-city-wall-40114113528411.jpg

xian-40114112927461.jpg

the speed of urbanization is amazing. Dongguan is at the forefront of China's industrializaion so it is natural for all people who live in the vicinity will ride along with the wheels of fast paced village and city development!

Does your family get fair compensation for demolition of the village houses by the Dongguan government?

Oh no! They migrated to Hong Kong in the early fifties and the original house was abandoned due to neglect. I took them back once and tried to locate the house just for nostalgic memories but all we found was tall skyscrapers and black top roads. Incidentally that was the only time I went into China till now but by next year onward I'll probably spend some time roaming around the country though.

Oh no! They migrated to Hong Kong in the early fifties and the original house was abandoned due to neglect. I took them back once and tried to locate the house just for nostalgic memories but all we found was tall skyscrapers and black top roads. Incidentally that was the only time I went into China till now but by next year onward I'll probably spend some time roaming around the country though.

Well if you have some friends or relatives who could have looked after the title of the premises, your family may have a monetarycompensation or a housing swap for the government's development of the village. There are a lot of sights worthy of seeing, definitely. Have a great time touring our country! There are many iconic dishes in each city so dont miss them!

Back
Top Bottom