What's new

Ramadan food

My next sehri will be Egg white omelet of 3 eggs with a cheddar and mozz cheese in the middle. Protein, Some omega-3, a little fat and calcium from the cheese.

Three eggs at a time!

The egg nutrition news in the 90s has been extremely positive addressing both the dietary cholesterol - heart disease issue and the valuable contributions of eggs in the diet. Both clinical and epidemiological studies continue to show that eggs have little effect on plasma cholesterol levels and are unrelated to heart disease risk. The findings that dietary cholesterol raises both LDL and HDL cholesterol levels with no negative effects on the LDL:HDL ratio fits with the findings from epidemiological trials showing that egg consumption does not alter heart disease risk. The data fully support the view that "an egg or two a day really is okay." Even the American Heart Association has taken notice of the evidence that cholesterol from eggs is not a risk for heart disease and accordingly the American Heart Association's new 2000 dietary guidelines now permit an egg a day, rather than only three a week.

One egg contains over six grams of protein and several important nutrients, which is good. Unfortunately, one eggs also contains about 212 mg of cholesterol. Since the recommendation for cholesterol consumption is about 300 mg per day, the large amount of cholesterol in eggs may prevent many people from eating them.

The cholesterol in eggs really shouldn't scare you away completely. Most of the cholesterol in your body is made by your liver and the amount of cholesterol in your diet may not have as big an impact on your blood cholesterol as people once thought. In fact, you can eat one egg every day without harming your cholesterol and other blood-fat levels. That's really good news because eggs are very satisfying. Eating one egg as part of a healthy breakfast may help you lose weight by keeping you from getting hungry later in the morning

BTW, what is the source of your omega-3, fish?

Last edited:
2 dates and a liter of water does it for me. However I am not sure how folks can put down parathay, tarkari/bhaaji/sabzi/chicken/gosht etc. etc. during sehri...Lol!!!!

i eat paratha along with tarkari/bhaaji/sabzi/chicken/gosht etc and an egg because i dont get any shut eye till sehri time is over. If i sleep & then wake up even an hour prior to sehri. Believe me, i cant even consume one date. so i am also curious to know that how come people eat parathas etc right after they climb out of their beds.

well i usually sleep after fajar so it easy for me to confume anything. It is like a lunch for me hehehe

well today in will sehri with milk and dates which our and whole world's MUHAMMAD (P.B.U.H) eates when he had fast hope we do sunna

We never heard that. Fishes are just source of protein and fish oil is good from hearth and health. So your notion must be a myth.

Its not a myth bro. Whenever some unaware person drink milk with fish, white spots on skin appears. Maybe its due to climate and water which is diffrent from Bangladesh..
In our language (pashto) it is called " spoonry ".

You guys are really asking for it!!! My earlier post in this thread was deleted. In Pakistan there is flood and people are hungry and homeless !! While you guys are talking about Sehri and Iftari !! No respect for real meaning of Ramadan !!! Shame !!!

These are PDF posters during Sehri and Iftari
mr-creosote.jpg

These are poor people flooded out of their homes getting food
article-1299593-0AAB36AD000005DC-605_634x395.jpg

Last edited:
Nahraf you are off topic there are many threads dedicated to the flood crisis and what is being done for benefit of people affected. We really should think about what we are spending money on and be charitable, but a mans gotta eat and a womans gotta cook it.

Nahraf you are off topic there are many threads dedicated to the flood crisis and what is being done for benefit of people affected. We really should think about what we are spending money on and be charitable, but a mans gotta eat and a womans gotta cook it.

That is exactly what Zardari said when he went off to France and UK. He said there are other people looking after flood victims and he is not needed. Then he got hit by a shoe and he returned to his senses.

That is exactly what Zardari said when he went off to France and UK. He said there are other people looking after flood victims and he is not needed. Then he got hit by a shoe and he returned to his senses.

So tell me, Nahraf...what are you eating for Sehri? How about some humble pie. We can crib in other threads, don't hurl insults at members.

Parahtah Desi Ghee wala and Dahi(yougurt) and koi b salan,tarkari.. !!!

Last edited:
***Sorry didn't knew the occasion and wrote what I was eating normally***

Last edited:
Sehri for 3rd Ramzan:

1) 1 Glass of water
glass-of-water-0808-lg-10661967_c6O80CPI7U7J.jpg

2) 2 Chapatis
chapati.jpg

3) Yoghurt
Yogurt.jpg

Today i'll be having Italian salad, bread cheese balls, and thadal (its an almond drink) along with regular fruit chart & pakoora's.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom