What's new

Rajib murder: 5 NSU students held

No one's trying to kill me where I live. AND we are very much a third world country ourselves despite the trillion dollar GDP and slogans of India Shining. Or is it that you think that the course of law was politicized in this specific case? Freedom of speech and the right to criticize upto the point of offending is essential in a democracy- at least some of our leaders have reached that level of understanding- although we have our own nutjobs on this side of the border who'll vehemently disagree.

so do you openly criticize and make sexual remarks about muhammed (pbuh) and allah in blogs or in public.....or even hindu gods?

so do you openly criticize and make sexual remarks about muhammed (pbuh) and allah in blogs or in public.....or even hindu gods?

Criticism of any religious figure does not require sexual innuendos or outright larceny, so no, since it will only cheapen the logic of the writer. Besides I already made it clear- I'm critical of ALL religions. On the other hand if someone does feel inclined to get rude to that level then I doubt that death would be the befitting punishment in any civilized society. This is the same logic that was used by the people who hounded Zakir Hussain from India- oh he's outraged our modesty..how dare he! Surely religious people can also be mature and not over react?

Told ya many months ago!

i know chicks from there, lets just say they are too liberal there. But, then again they are english medium rich spoiled girl:lol:

Criticism of any religious figure does not require sexual innuendos or outright larceny, so no, since it will only cheapen the logic of the writer. Besides I already made it clear- I'm critical of ALL religions. On the other hand if someone does feel inclined to get rude to that level then I doubt that death would be the befitting punishment in any civilized society. This is the same logic that was used by the people who hounded Zakir Hussain from India- oh he's outraged our modesty..how dare he! Surely religious people can also be mature and not over react?
there you go, you know the deal to keep your mouth shut about religious figures. End of discussion. I don;t condone taking a life, but one has to know there are nut jobs who will take your life....you have to watch out what you have to say! freedom of speech does not give the right to go around offending other people, especially when you are speaking against the belief of the 90% of the people of 150 million in one of the smallest and poorest nations in the world.

i know chicks from there, lets just say they are too liberal there. But, then again they are english medium rich spoiled girl:lol:

you avoided my question...it was a direct question.

Do I criticize Hindu gods and Islam both- yes I openly criticize both. Do I make sexually charged jokes about them- the answer is NO. Is that direct enough? And no, no one here- not hindus or muslims have threatened me or anything- they debate about such things openly- often disagreeing, detracting and even getting angry on both sides but never resorting to violence.

Yeah you better go slash him open with a machete or something.

I am more worried about our border situation. I think Inida should hurry up with the fence in the Indo-BD border. The last thing we need is these crazy Muslims spilling into our country. I thought Taliban/Al-Qaeda Muslims were crazy, but these BD Jamaatis just take it to a new level :girl_wacko:

Do I criticize Hindu gods and Islam both- yes I openly criticize both. Do I make sexually charged jokes about them- the answer is NO. Is that direct enough? And no, no one here- not hindus or muslims have threatened me or anything- they debate about such things openly- often disagreeing, detracting and even getting angry on both sides but never resorting to violence.

good for you then......just dont come to Bangladesh and criticize Islam openly:smokin:

good for you then......just dont come to Bangladesh and criticize Islam openly:smokin:

So you don't think that freedom of speech should extend to the criticism of religion- specially Islam- at least not in Bangladesh? To each his own then.

So you don't think that freedom of speech should extend to the criticism of religion- specially Islam- at least not in Bangladesh? To each his own then.

but you are lying here, your society is not advances as you claim here. When Rushdi's book came out, your population went haywaire and wanted his blood. And this blogger's remarks were much much worse. So, stop falsely saying your indian society is highly advanced.

you just can't say what you want....moral of the story..peace!

Rajib-Arrest-5.jpg

These Islamists look like goats in that pic with their beards :lol: Also is the one in the middle like 12 or a midget?

but you are lying here, your society is not advances as you claim here. When Rushdi's book came out, your population went haywaire and wanted his blood. And this blogger's remarks were much much worse. So, stop falsely saying your indian society is highly advanced.

you just can't say what you want....moral of the story..peace!

DIDN'T I make it clear in the outset that we have extremists on our side of the border too? Why do you think I gave the example of Zakir Hussain who was hounded by the RSS/VHP lot? I simply stated that in personal life I've never faced such issues- in India these extreme bouts of religious intolerance occur when people politicize them. But the wide consensus in the civil society is that we have the freedom to criticize religions too.

The most left one looks like someone i know from NSU, he is religious and passed from an English medium school. I do karate training with that dude in BD, he is a green belt. Very polite, nice and responsible. Just what the ****?

EDIT: Just called a friend in NSU, he said that bloke did do the murder as he claimed it himself :cheesy: i was wrong it seems

You are free to say stuffs like you don't believe in Islam and some of the things you don't agree with in a civilized manner but if someone starts badmouthing any part of my religion, i myself wouldn't refrain from throwing a punch.

You are free to say stuffs like you don't believe in Islam and some of the things you don't agree with in a civilized manner but if someone starts badmouthing any part of my religion, i myself wouldn't refrain from throwing a punch.

Sir,you're talking of taking umbrage over rudeness and the usage of invective to malign a person's faith- the other poster was conflating criticism of any form itself with insult.

Back
Top Bottom