What's new

Rajesh khanna passed away

Pakistan mourns Rajesh Khanna's death

Pakistan on Wednesday joined India in mourning the death of Bollywood's first superstar Rajesh Khanna. As news broke of his passing away in Mumbai, television channels went into 'Stop Press' mode with some even setting aside their regular programming to feature vignettes from the actor's journey on celluloid.

Television news in the afternoon became a medley of some of his most popular songs and dialogues - particularly "Babu Moshay…" from the film Anand and "Pushpa, I hate tears" from Amer Prem. Geo News, in fact, set aside everything else for nearly an hour-and-a-half and no one was complaining as evergreen songs like 'Mere sapno ki raani kab aayegi tu', 'Zindagi ke safar mein guzar jaate hain jo muqaam', 'Yeh shaam masatani', 'O mere dil ke chaen'… ruled the airwaves.

The print media was not to be left behind. The Dawn Media Group opened a forum online where they invited people to "share your favourite Rajesh Khanna moments: films, songs as we pay tribute to the great actor".

Rajesh Khanna was also trending on social networking sites with people posting his songs and memorable dialogues as they celebrated his life and movies. Cricketer Ramiz Raja recalled this on Twitter: "Had the pleasure of chatting with Rajesh Khanna on a chartered flight in 88. Talked how he worked 14 hrs a day for 6 yrs. Was fan of Pak Soaps!"

In a condolence message, Prime Minister Raja Parvez Ashraf said the contribution of the great actor to the field of films and arts would be long remembered. "Rajesh Khanna had a large fan following across the borders and captivated audiences with his excellent acting skills."

A great and true super star we had lost i was his biggest fans im not from his era but every single film song scene in his all films are a lesson for his every single word of his in scenes has big meanings i dont know why in india people dpnt give credit where it is due for last decade you dont hear anything about great great star name from bollywood of rajesh khanna dont know why but u hear names of amiyabh alot yes amitabh is also freat hero but when you compare amitabh with great rajesh no campaison becoz amitabh was not a caliber of kaka chapal i miss him and know i will see all his films

1) Zindagi lambi nahi badi honi chahiye.
2) Jab tak zinda hoon tab tak mara nahi, jab mar gaya to sala main he nahi.
3) Shayad ye gum he hai jo usse sambhale hue hai.
4) Zindagi main koi pasand aaya, usse baat ki, uss ke sath has liya ...
and finally the closing line of the movie,
5) Anand mara nahi, Anand marte nahi.

So true. #RIPKaka

^^great gesture from pakistan!!! rip Rajesh Khanna

A great and true super star we had lost i was his biggest fans im not from his era but every single film song scene in his all films are a lesson for his every single word of his in scenes has big meanings i dont know why in india people dpnt give credit where it is due for last decade you dont hear anything about great great star name from bollywood of rajesh khanna dont know why but u hear names of amiyabh alot yes amitabh is also freat hero but when you compare amitabh with great rajesh no campaison becoz amitabh was not a caliber of kaka chapal i miss him and know i will see all his films

actually people do give credit to Rajesh khanna ji in ways you can't possibly imagine. Let me tell you, we have people in their 20s now whose names are "Rajesh khanna" with a surname. And this is in southern states with Telugu, Kannada speaking people. Imagine that. like, naming ones kid after a Film star who doesn't even speak one's native language.

His Heart Touching Shayari in 2009 Film Fare award ... a Must hear one!!!

Izzate Shoorate Ulfate Chahte Sab kuch is Duniya Main rahta Nahi!!!

Ajjj Main Hoo Jaha Kal Koi Aur tha , Ye bhi eek Dhoor haii Vo Bhi ek Dhoor tha!!!

par Main aap ko ye Sab kyu Bata Raha hoo ye to Public haii bahii sab jaante haii :lol:

My Favorite Song of Rajesh Khanna from Namak Haram if u people remember a very emotional Song... Wonder y No one Posted it ...

RIP to KAKA

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching a Rajesh movie today ......

Not one of biggest man in world but he brought some entertainment to public and thank you entertainer

I have to admit when I watch some classic 60's /70' flick you just are fully captivated by the artist and simplicity of stories

All of my favorite actors passed away back to back.... Dev ananad.... Shammi kapoor.... Dara singh and now rajesh khanna.... All greats of Bollywood Left us all behind with tears.... Going to miss them all.... R.I.P To every great bollywood actors who passed away....

His movie anand was so bloody touching :woot:
Saw some clipses in abp news yesterday .

Dear Jatin Khanna,

Thank you for entertaining us. May your soul rest in peace.

Back
Top Bottom