What's new

Raisina Dialogue [2019]

Sam.

Reaction score
Country
India
Backstory :
The Raisina Dialogue is a multilateral conference held annually in New Delhi. Since its inception in 2016, the conference has emerged as India’s flagship conference on geopolitics and geo-economics. The conference is hosted by the Observer Research Foundation, an independent think tank, in collaboration with the Ministry of External Affairs of India.

The conference is structured as a multi-stakeholder, cross-sectoral discussion, involving a variety of global policymakers including heads of state, cabinet ministers and local government officials. In addition, The Dialogue also welcomes major private sector executives, as well as members of the media and academia. It is designed on the lines of Singapore's Shangri-La Dialogue.[1]

The name "Raisina Dialogue" comes from Raisina Hill, an elevation in New Delhi, seat of the Government of India, as well as the Presidential Palace of India, Rashtrapati Bhavan.

@Nilgiri @Joe Shearer @padamchen @jbgt90 @Vibrio

Guys please share your inputs of the topic and this awesome world even organized in India.

upload_2019-1-9_20-17-58.png

upload_2019-1-9_20-18-34.png

upload_2019-1-9_20-19-7.png

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...le-says-norwegian-pm/articleshow/67443343.cms

Indo-Pacific: Ancient Waters and Emerging Geometries The waters of the Indo-Pacifi c are the high roads of globalisation—but may also be the domain of the greatest contestations of this century. Is the Indo-Pacific merely a reactive concept willed into being by regional tensions? Or can it become a conduit for economic and political diplomacy that advances prosperity in Eurasia and beyond? The pre-requisite for such cooperation is a peaceful and secure maritime realm, whose prospects this panel will discuss. Admiral Sunil Lanba, Chief of Naval Staff, India. Admiral Philip S. Davidson, Commander, US Indo-Pacific Command. Admiral Christophe Prazuck, Chief of Naval Staff, France. Admiral Katsutoshi Kawano, Chief of Joint Staff, Japan Self-Defense Forces. General Angus J. Campbell, Chief of the Defence Force, Australia. Yalda Hakim, Host, BBC World News, UK (Moderator)

Indo-Pacific: Ancient Waters and Emerging Geometries The waters of the Indo-Pacifi c are the high roads of globalisation—but may also be the domain of the greatest contestations of this century. Is the Indo-Pacific merely a reactive concept willed into being by regional tensions? Or can it become a conduit for economic and political diplomacy that advances prosperity in Eurasia and beyond? The pre-requisite for such cooperation is a peaceful and secure maritime realm, whose prospects this panel will discuss. Admiral Sunil Lanba, Chief of Naval Staff, India. Admiral Philip S. Davidson, Commander, US Indo-Pacific Command. Admiral Christophe Prazuck, Chief of Naval Staff, France. Admiral Katsutoshi Kawano, Chief of Joint Staff, Japan Self-Defense Forces. General Angus J. Campbell, Chief of the Defence Force, Australia. Yalda Hakim, Host, BBC World News, UK (Moderator)

France sent a 4 star admiral for this ? Looks like west is serious about this.

I have been following it on twitter and all the scholars and diplomats are really treating it as one of the premier event of the year.

Backstory :
The Raisina Dialogue is a multilateral conference held annually in New Delhi. Since its inception in 2016, the conference has emerged as India’s flagship conference on geopolitics and geo-economics. The conference is hosted by the Observer Research Foundation, an independent think tank, in collaboration with the Ministry of External Affairs of India.

The conference is structured as a multi-stakeholder, cross-sectoral discussion, involving a variety of global policymakers including heads of state, cabinet ministers and local government officials. In addition, The Dialogue also welcomes major private sector executives, as well as members of the media and academia. It is designed on the lines of Singapore's Shangri-La Dialogue.[1]

The name "Raisina Dialogue" comes from Raisina Hill, an elevation in New Delhi, seat of the Government of India, as well as the Presidential Palace of India, Rashtrapati Bhavan.

@Nilgiri @Joe Shearer @padamchen @jbgt90 @Vibrio

Guys please share your inputs of the topic and this awesome world even organized in India.

Any specific issues/topics/timestamps? I do better at those...this stuff is very (rightfully) broad...just my time is somewhat limited now.

Its great to see more high level fora dialogue starting in India. Hope it sustains ans grows more.

France sent a 4 star admiral for this ? Looks like west is serious about this.
QUAD + France so something is going on won't you say?

Any specific issues/topics/timestamps? I do better at those...this stuff is very (rightfully) broad...just my time is somewhat limited now.

Its great to see more high level fora dialogue starting in India. Hope it sustains ans grows more.
upload_2019-1-10_9-22-7.png

upload_2019-1-10_9-22-53.png

upload_2019-1-10_9-23-38.png

How about this one @Nilgiri and also see the link below for all programs -

https://www.orfonline.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Programme9J11am.pdf

upload_2019-1-10_9-26-54.png

@haman10 @Cthulhu @Bahram Esfandiari @era_shield @padamchen

Security cannot be achieved at the expense of others' insecurity: Iran Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif at Raisina Dialogue 2019
A country or regions' security cannot be achieved at the expense of insecurity of others, said Iran Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif at the Raisina Dialogue 2019 in New Delhi on Wednesday.

750642-javad-zarif.jpg

NEW DELHI: A country or regions' security cannot be achieved at the expense of insecurity of others, said Iran Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif at the Raisina Dialogue 2019 in New Delhi on Wednesday.

“It is high time for the countries in our region, this neighbourhood to abandon two destructive illusions — that security can be bought or imported and that security can be achieved at the expense of insecurity of others,” said Zarif. Earlier, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj held talks with her Iranian counterpart on the sidelines.

The leaders spoke on a range of key bilateral and regional issues, including the peace and reconciliation process in Afghanistan and the implementation of the Chabahar port project. During the talks, Zarif and Swaraj deliberated on important bilateral issues and shared perspectives on the regional situation, according to External Affairs Ministry Spokesperson Raveesh Kumar.

Age-old cultural & civilizational connect

EAM @SushmaSwaraj met Iranian Foreign Minister @JZarif who is in Delhi for the @raisinadialogue. Held wide ranging discussion on important bilateral issues and shared perspectives on the regional situation. pic.twitter.com/zUZaj5VYtN

— Raveesh Kumar (@MEAIndia) January 9, 2019

Iran is a strategically-important country for India in the Gulf region and ties between the two nations were on an upswing in the last couple of years.

India is also an active partner in the development of the Chabahar port in Iran. In May 2016, India, Iran and Afghanistan had inked a pact which entailed the establishment of transit and transport corridor among the three countries using Chabahar Port as one of the regional hubs.
http://zeenews.india.com/india/secu...d-zarif-at-raisina-dialogue-2019-2169420.html

@Cthulhu @TeaAddict @KhalaiMakhlooq @padamchen @Dexon

Age-old cultural & civilizational connect

EAM @SushmaSwaraj met Iranian Foreign Minister @JZarif who is in Delhi for the @raisinadialogue. Held wide ranging discussion on important bilateral issues and shared perspectives on the regional situation. pic.twitter.com/zUZaj5VYtN
@padamchen baradar won't you say BJP/Indian GOVT. is trying to amend for you guys(Or your kin to north of Iran) or can be my fantasy.

I think they're heavily focused on terrorism as classic Jihad, and we already know hostile foreign elements are much more complex, and usually divergent from 'jihad'.

The global economy’s centre of gravity is relentlessly shifting eastward. Emerging powers seek to become guarantors of local and regional security, and are experimenting with new norms for international engagement and imagining alternative global governance architectures. Must the West reconcile itself to a steadily declining role in international affairs? Can the values associated with the liberal democracies of the West still lay claim to universality? Are the societies shaped by those values capable of discovering a renewed dynamism and a fresh direction? Can partnerships with the East aid this process? Or is it time for the West to rethink its founding propositions?
Stephen Harper, Former Prime Minister, Canada.
Tony Blair, Former Prime Minister, UK.
Ashok Malik, Press Secretary to the President of India (Moderator)

@padamchen @Joe Shearer @Nilgiri @jbgt90 @Vibrio

I'm leaning over backwards to stay disengaged on this one, @Sam., since I don't quite trust the Observer Foundation. The subject is fascinating, and I have a lot to say, but it would be nice to shut my mouth (my keyboard?) and open both ears (eyes?) wide and absorb the views of others.

Thank you for bringing up this conference to the notice of the members.

@padamchen baradar won't you say BJP/Indian GOVT. is trying to amend for you guys(Or your kin to north of Iran) or can be my fantasy.

India and Iran predate Parsis by many thousands of years.

How can you boil down the relationship between two ancient civilizations to a motley 150,000 people?

I have come to the conclusion that the BJP uses Parsis politically as a trophy minority to poke Muslims in the eye with.

If anything, we were (and will be) a lot happier under a secular Congress.

Modi disappointed.

Modi misled.

Many of us got carried away with the cultural Hindutva they talked up big before the last elections.

But when they came to power what we actually got was Hindu Rashtra.

Cheers, Doc

I'm leaning over backwards to stay disengaged on this one, @Sam., since I don't quite trust the Observer Foundation. The subject is fascinating, and I have a lot to say, but it would be nice to shut my mouth (my keyboard?) and open both ears (eyes?) wide and absorb the views of others.

Thank you for bringing up this conference to the notice of the members.
Sir you don't have to like the messanger but this one is so diverse and really up to mark. You are hearing this from a person who watch all this think tanks.
India and Iran predate Parsis by many thousands of years.

How can you boil down the relationship between two ancient civilizations to a motley 150,000 people?

Cheers, Doc
Bhai that was a joke , maybe some another thread for your grievances.

The global economy’s centre of gravity is relentlessly shifting eastward. Emerging powers seek to become guarantors of local and regional security, and are experimenting with new norms for international engagement and imagining alternative global governance architectures. Must the West reconcile itself to a steadily declining role in international affairs? Can the values associated with the liberal democracies of the West still lay claim to universality? Are the societies shaped by those values capable of discovering a renewed dynamism and a fresh direction? Can partnerships with the East aid this process? Or is it time for the West to rethink its founding propositions?
Stephen Harper, Former Prime Minister, Canada.
Tony Blair, Former Prime Minister, UK.
Ashok Malik, Press Secretary to the President of India (Moderator)

@padamchen @Joe Shearer @Nilgiri @jbgt90 @Vibrio

Saw Blair meet with CB Naidu earlier (over amaravati talks, chit chat etc)...guess this forum explains why he dropped by to visit India.

Back
Top Bottom